Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to reach an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read on and discover what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
Requested Posts are what we are looking for now and will earn you 10 Piggy Points. If there’s something you want to write about that fits the submissions guidelines but is not on the list, submit it anyway, you will get 5 Piggy Points!
We’d also like to remind everyone that your submissions to the Magazine should contain only the photos you’ve taken, unless you’re writing about a specific artist, photographer, project, etc. that you’d like to share with the Community. If you’re going to use photos from other websites, remember to secure permission and cite your sources.
This Month’s Requests
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Portraits of Innocence: Babies are among the most adorable subjects a photographer will ever have the chance to photograph, so if you’ve taken some beautiful baby portraits why not share them with us and tell us the stories behind them. Make us go “awww!”
- Picture This: Happiness: For this month’s Picture This challenge, we’d like to see some photos you’ve taken that represent happiness for you. Is it someone’s beautiful smile or hearty laugh caught on film? A snap from a fun yearly event that you never miss? A photo of a place you’ve been where only happy memories were made? It can be just one photo or a handful of them — don’t forget to tell us what made you consider them as pictures of happiness!
- Rock It Out in Analogue: Do you have a favorite band, or perhaps even a band of your own (or maybe your brother has one) that you’d like to feature? Now is the time to click away and take awesome photos of your favorite band, and tell us about them too. You could take their pictures as they perform, or in the comfort of your own garage. Doesn’t matter if they’re hella famous, hardcore, or indie-pop, click away and tell us about the band and their music.
- Summer Music Festivals in Film: Summer is the season of music festivals in many parts of the world, so aside from your town’s usual festivities, we’d like to find out how your music
- Fun Under the Sun: Summer is still here! Well, if you’re somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere, that is. It’s time for that much needed fun under the sun, so we’re sure you’d be heading outdoors to enjoy the warm sunshine. Tell us, show us a slice of your summer with your stories and photos!
- Beyond the Music: Glastonbury in England, Coachella in California, Lollapalooza in Chicago, Burning Man in Nevada, and Laneway in Australia – let’s go beyond the music and take a closer look at the host cities. Are there other places you went to while in town for the music festival? Tell us!
- Sweet, sweet Switzerland: In honor of Switzerland’s National Day on August 1, we would like you to share with us your photos and stories of this beautiful Alpine country!
- Summer Hot Spots: Surely, with the sun shining warmer and brighter, you’ll feel compelled to spend your days outdoors and not waste the sunshine away. Where do you usually head to bask in the picture-perfect weather? Whether it’s an inviting beach, a verdant park, or a charming cafe, we’d love to take a look at it!
- Konstruktor DIY Kit
- Lubitel 166+
- La Sardina Metal Editions
- La Sardina DIY
- Lomo LC-Wide
- Spinner 360 Leather Edition
- Lomography Earl Grey 100 120
- Lomography Color Tiger 110
- Lomography Lobster Redscale 110
- Lomography Peacock 200 ISO 110
- LomoChrome Purple XR 100-400 35mm & 120
- Fuji Superia Reala 100 ISO 120
- Spinner Motorizer
- Lomography Smartphone Scanner
- Belairgon 90mm f/8 Lens and 114mm f/8 Lens
- Digitaliza 110
- Lomography Camera Cases
- Architectural Photography with the Konstruktor: Got your hands on the build-it-yourself Konstruktor camera? Now is the time to explore the capabilities of your newest member of your analogue arsenal, and share with your fellow lomographers some tips and tricks when shooting with it!
- Making a Music Video With the LomoKino: One of the things you can do with the LomoKino is to take gloriously analogue music videos with it, just like the impressive one shot entirely on film by Matt Skwid using the LomoKino! Got any ideas and tips on how to shoot amazing music videos like that with our very own analogue movie maker? Share them with us!
- Band Photography Tips: Ever dreamed of being a photographer for a music magazine? How would you photograph a guitarist? A drummer? A vocalist? What would make a good photo of the entire motley crew? If you think you’ve got what it takes, share with us some tricks and tips on how to get those bands photographed so well that your pictures would earn every right to be published.
- Camera Modification Tips and Tutorials: Are you the type of lomographer who likes to tinker around with your cameras to make them capable of producing wacky, mind-blowing results? We’d like to learn a trick or two from you, so step right up and show us those cool camera modifications!
- Portrait Photography Tips: Is portraiture one of your strengths as a lomographer? Why don’t you share with us some of your tips and tricks for taking impressive and evocative portraits, whatever the camera!
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read this call-out article and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!