Lomography Magazine offers you the perfect platform to an international audience! Have something to say? Submit to the Lomography Magazine for a chance to be heard. Whether you are a seasoned writer, or a motivated beginner, we want to hear from you. Read below for what type of articles we are looking for. Remember, writing for the Lomography Magazine earns you Piggies!
While we are no longer accepting submissions for News articles, we still want your tips! Tips are considered articles where Lomography or analogue photography are featured. Shoot us an e-mail at email@example.com, and you will be credited for every approved/published tip!
- Mom and Me: Every year, much of the world celebrates Mother’s Day on the second Sunday of May. This occasion is perfect not only for showcasing our most recent lomographs with our moms, but also for unearthing those old, almost forgotten analogue snaps of our younger selves with our ever patient and loving mothers. Time to whip out those old negatives and scan them quickly with the LomoKino Smartphone Scanner!
- Photographing Mom: Aside from those photos with mom, the occasion also calls for sharing those impressive portraits we’ve taken of these amazing women. Whether she’s your own mom, aunt, wife, sister, cousin, or best friend, if she’s a wonderful mother, tell us about her!
- Reel Time with the LomoKino: May is also a month to look forward to for the annual Cannes Film Festival in France. Whether you’re an ardent cinemaphile or a cinematographer in the making, now is the best time for you to showcase your short films taken using the LomoKino! Looking for inspiration? You can take a look at the LomoKino film of Palme D’Or winning Director Apichatpong Weerasethakul called Ashes!
- The Lomographer at Work: For many around the world, Labor Day falls on May 1st, so this month, we’d like to see a slice of your day at work through your lomographs. What’s your usual way to work like? Do you have an office space with a view? Is your desk spic and span or an organized chaos? We’re curious about all these and more!
New York State of Mind: May 1 marks the anniversary of the official opening of the Empire State Building. We all know how this great and iconic this skyscraper is, but what other locations in NYC have a special place in your heart? Tell us!
SoLocations: Solo Biking Routes: Got a penchant of using your bike as your main mode of transportation? Then why don’t you document and tell us more about your usual bike route? Just remember to be careful!
ReeLocations: May heralds the Cannes International Film Festival, so it’s time to unleash your inner director! Ever think your neighborhood or your city deserving to be captured on the big screen? Then, write about it and tell us why!
- Belair X 6-12 Trailblazer
- Lomography Color Negative 800 ISO 35mm
- Ilford XP2 Super 400 35mm
- ORWO TC27 400 Infrared 35mm
- Fomapan 100 120
- Lomography Peacock 200 ISO 110
- Lomography Smartphone Scanner
- Belairgon 114mm f/8 Lens
- LC-A Instant Back+
- Diana Instant Back+
- Horizon Case
- Stop Motion in Analogue: Whether you’re shooting with Lomography’s very own movie maker, the LomoKino or multi-lensed cameras like the SuperSampler and ActionSampler, or even frame by frame using your other film cameras, we’d like to learn about your tips for making stop-motion animation in glorious analogue!
- Instant Photography Tips: Do you have a penchant for instants? We’d like for you to share with us your tips for getting those beautiful instant photos each time, whether with an instant camera or an Instant Back for your LC-A+/LC-Wide/Diana F+!
- Scan-It-Yourself Tips: Do you have a tried and tested scanning method or technique that allows you to get great results when scanning your negatives? Our do-it-yourselfer lomographers, who already know how to develop their own films but can’t quite get the scanning part right, could definitely benefit from your tips! If you happen to have some tricks on using the Lomography Smartphone Film Scanner, especially for scanning old negatives, that would also fall under this requested post!
- Camera Modification Tips and Tutorials: Are you the type of lomographer who likes to tinker around with your cameras to make them capable of producing wacky, mind-blowing results? We’d like to learn a trick or two from you, so step right up and show us those cool camera modifications!
Additionally, if you’re interested in becoming one of our regular writers, read this call-out article and we’ll be waiting for your responses! Thank you!