Do you love photography? Do you love to travel? Do you love to live unique experiences? Then this is for you! Travel to China by the hand of Lomography Spain and Lomtour to capture the magic of Orient in an analogue way. And you know what? The more we are, the cheaper! Read after the jump and find out all the details. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Travelers of the world: we are going to China!
Start packaging your stuff, don’t forget your pajamas, your toothbrush and your underwear. Get a Spanish-Chinese Chinese-Spanish dictionary, grab your favourite camera and a bunch of film! Lomography Spain and Lomtour; a Travel Agency from Alicante based in Guangdong, take you on a trip to China full of magic, excitement, and beautiful pictures to take!
Warning!: The price for this great trip is for a minimum group of 12 travelers. But, the more we are… the price per traveler will decrease! So come on, share the news with all the people you can: travels, photography, dragons, spring rolls, planes, trains, Chinese hats Nón lá,… enthusiasts. Let everybody hear about it, this is going to be a unique trip: #lomochina2013.
The trip is open to adventurers from all around the world. Do you live in London, Lisbon or Rome? Well, come to Madrid and join us off to China. .
Across China on the High Speed Rail
In November 2013 we will cross China in the new High Speed Rail for 13 days and 12 nights, discovering the most amazing spots of this great country. Guided tours, gastronomic experiences, wonderful accommodations, and a Lomography tutor included!
DAY1: MADRID -BEIJING. Arrival to BEIJING, capital of the Republic of China. Airport pickup and move to the hotel. Rest of the day free. Accommodation.
DAY 2: BEIJING. Breakfast. Visit the Tian’anmen Square, one of the largest in the world, the Imperial Palace, known as the ‘Forbidden City’ and ‘Hutong’, typical alleys which form the old part of Beijing. Many of these streets were built during the Yuan, Ming an Qing dynasties. Typical lunch of Beijing. At night, Special Dinner of Welcome tasting the delicious Peking Duck. Move to the accommodation.
DAY 3: BEIJING. Breakfast. In the morning, outing all day long to the Great Wall, impressive and millenary piece of architecture, and to the Spirit Way of the 13 Ming Dynasty Tombs. Chinese food lunch. In the afternoon, transfer to the mythical Wangfujing Market, one of the main commercial streets in Beijing. Accommodation.
DAY 4: BEIJING – LUOYANG. Breakfast and visit to the Temple of Heaven, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1998. Lunch will be the classic ‘dumplings’. In the afternoon, transfer to the station to catch the high speed rail, newly opened, bound for LUOYANG (about 4 hours). Arrival and move to the hotel. Accommodation.
DAY 5: LUOYANG. Breakfast. Outing to the Longmen Caves, 2,345 caves and niches, with 2,800 inscriptions, 40 pagodas and over 100,000 Buddhist images. Some of the caves date from the period of the Northern Wei Dynasty, and the rest are from the period of the Tang Dynasty, and from different periods. Chinese food lunch. Following visit to the Shaolin Monastery. Accommodation.
DAY 6: LUOYANG – CHANGSHA – ZHANGJIAJIE. Breakfast. Move in the morning to the train station and departure to CHANGSHA (about 4,5 hours). Arrival and move by bus to ZHANGJIAJIE (about 4 hours). Arrival, typical dinner at a local restaurant and accommodation.
DAY 7: ZHANGJIAJIE. Breakfast. Outing to discover WULINGYUAN with about 3,100 stone pillars of quartzite and sandstone of about 200m high. World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1992. Chinese food lunch. Following visit to the spectacular Tianzi Mountain (cable car included*) with the majestic panorama of Yuanjiajie. Dinner at a local restaurant. Accommodation.
DAY 8: ZHANGJIAJIE – CHANGSHA. Breakfast. In the morning, move to Golden Whip Brook, a region known for its clear water, cliffs, hideous mountains, peaceful valleys and lush vegetation. Next, visit the Junshenghuayuan Museum. Chinese food lunch. In the afternoon, return to CHANGSHA by bus (about 4 hours.). Arrival at hotel and accommodation.
DAY 9: CHANGSHA – GUANGZHOU. Breakfast. Visit to the Yuelu Mountain in Hunan. It is characterized by its picturesque landscape with huge trees that provide a feeling of freshness and vitality. Besides the natural landscape is a cultural landscape with buildings like the Yuelu Academy, the Lushan Temple and the Yunlu Palace. Chinese food lunch. In the afternoon, move to the station to catch the train to GUANGZHOU (about 2.5 hours) Arrival and accommodation.
DAY 10: GUANGZHOU. Free breakfast. Outing to the Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall, the Temple of Chen Family, the Monument of the 5 Goats, located in Yuexiu Park and symbol of the city. Typical lunch. Then visit to the Temple of the Six Banyan Trees or Flower Pagoda, the highest in Guangzhou, Shamian Island, an island that is a historical area of European colonial era and the typical Qingping Market. Accommodation.
DAY 11: GUANGZHOU – HONG KONG. Free breakfast. In the morning, move to the station to catch the train to HONG KONG (about 1,5 hours). Arrival and a half-day tour with a stop at the famous Victoria Peak, the highest point of the island where you it can be taken the famous tram, in service since 1888. Lunch of Dim Sum (typical Cantonese dish). Move to the hotel and accommodation.
DAY 12: HONG KONG. Free breakfast. Rest of the day free for shopping and continue enjoying the spots and the spectacular nature that HONG KONG offers to the traveler being one of the most sophisticated cities and one of the largest financial centers in the world. Accommodation.
DAY 13: HONG KONG – MADRID. Free breakfast. Free morning. In the afternoon, move to the airport, located on the island of Chek Lap Kok, to take our flight back to Madrid.
The more we are, the less we pay!
The initial price per person is calculated for a group of 12 travelers: €2,510. But it is in your hands to make it go down! The more we are, the less we pay. Every time the price decreases we will get you notified through the Magazine and the social networks of Lomography Spain, but we are going to need your help to spread the trip #lomochina2013, and fill a plane with Lomographer adventurers!
12-16 travelers → €2,510
17-29 travelers → €2,226
30-50 travelers → €1,997
+50 traverlers → €1,865
We have until May 20, 2013 to gather more than 50 travelers and bring the price up to €1,865!
- The trip will take place in early November 2013, exact dates to be confirmed.
- Starting price of €2,510 calculated for a group of minimum 12 travelers.
- Until MAY 15 you can make your reservation with €150. This amount is recoverable if before May 15 is received in writing via e-mail (email@example.com) the cancellation request. No cancellation fees.
- Up to MAY 20 there is allowed time for delivery of €750 as air ticket booking. This amount is not recoverable. Cancellation fee of 100% delivered, except the insurance coverage contracted.
- From the delivery of non-refundable deposit we will proceed to the processing of visas to ensure that the Chinese authorities will not restrict or hinder to travel on schedule.
- The total amount of €900 delivered and non-refundable, unless evidence of incapacity to travel and the reason for cancellation is covered by the terms employed in the travel insurance.
- Cost of insurance included in the tour price.
- Until SEPTEMBER 16 is left shall pay the total price of the trip.
- Illustrative budget subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- Prices are subject to the euro/yuan variations.
- Payments are made directly to LomTour.
- LomTour handles sending receipts for amounts paid to each traveler.
- In November 2013 …We go to China with LomTour and Lomography!
- Visa processing.
- International flights: Madrid → Beijing / Hong Kong → Madrid.
- Accommodation in 2-3* hotels in double room with breakfast, according to program.
- Spanish-speaking local guides in Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong.
- English-speaking local guides in Luoyang, Changsha and Zhangjiajie.
- Private moves for visits listed in the itinerary + entrance fees.
- Lunch and dinner listed in the itinerary.
- Tickets for the high speed rail: Beijing → Luoyang → Changsha → Guangzhou in 2nd class.
- Train Ticket Guangzhou → Hong Kong in 1st class.
- Travel insurance.
Suggested hotels (accommodation in double rooms):
- BEIJING: Home Inn Jintailu Hotel 2* (with breakfast)
- LUOYANG: Green Tree Hotel 3* (with breakfast)
- ZHANGJIAJIE: Jintian International Hotel 3* (with breakfast)
- CHANGSHA: Changsha Yinhe Hotel 3* (with breakfast)
- GUANGZHOU: Unistar Hotel 3* (without breakfast)
- HONG KONG: Bishop Lei International House 3* (without breakfast)
Please Note: Hotels can be modified always respecting the contracted quality and category.
To book or if you have any questio, contact Nuria Lorenzo via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or calling at (+34) 96 667 35 92, or with Manuel Lorenzo via e-mail (email@example.com).
Share this news and let other join this great adventure! Use the hashtag:
Trip organized by Lomography Spain and the Travel Agency LomTour, specialized in travels to China based in Alicante (Spain) Guangdong (China).