Check out these photographs of Marilyn Monroe about to get her Thanksgiving on back in 1950. Clad in a Pilgrim outfit with a shotgun in tow, the turkey probably wasn't too happy to be posing with the blonde bombshell.
Hollywood honey Marilyn Monroe shot these studio publicity photos for Thanksgiving in 1950, reminding us all to be grateful for what we have for at least one of 365 days in a year! Dressed in a rather controversial Pilgrim-inspired outfit with a weapon in tow, it probably wasn’t a very happy occasion for Monroe’s co-model, the turkey.
How’s your Thanksgiving going so far? Show us photos of your holiday trips, meals with friends and family, Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping steals and deals, and whatever shenanigans you engaged in!
Read more about Marilyn Monroe in the Magazine:
- Today in History: Marilyn Monroe is Born
- Fast Facts & Rare Photos of Marilyn Monroe
- The Night Marilyn Monroe Sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to JFK
- Marilyn Monroe: The Sultry Songstress
- Rare Photos of Marilyn Monroe with a Rolleiflex
- Influential Photographs: Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch, 1954 by George Zimbel
- Marilyn Monroe Combines Lifting Weights, Wearing Jeans and Still Looking Classy
- Last But Not the Least: Marilyn Monroe’s Last Photo
- Cannes Favorite: My Week with Marilyn by Simon Curtis
- Two Weeks with Marilyn: The 65th Cannes Film Festival