Introducing The New Lomography Sunset Strip 35mm Slide Film!

Ready for a unique slide film experience? Then you'll love the new Lomography Sunset Strip 35mm Slide Film! It's specially tinted to give your cross-processed shots a fresh, distinct effect.

Imagine the breathtaking tones of the sky when the sun’s beginning to set. Get the similar effects in your photos with the latest 35mm slide film from Lomography!

The Lomography Sunset Strip 35mm Slide FIlm casts bluish, orange-brown tones on your photo. The center of the film strip is pre-colored, but the sprocket holes are not – resulting in intense colors, especially in dim lighting conditions. Try it – the darker the surrounding, the more intense colors you get!

Want an extreme boost? Load it up using cameras that expose sprocket holes, such as the Spinner 360° or the Sprocket Rocket. The sprocket holes will turn out in a completely different color!

Buy now or Buy the Sunset Strip Bundle

written by shhquiet

1. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

love it!

2. berndtotto

berndtotto

Interesting ... even the film looks extremely grainy for a 100 ASA slide film. Are the example pictures crossed or normally processed as slide film ( E6 ) ? Would be interesting to see the differences.

3. guanatos

guanatos

love the golden tones!

4. stratski

stratski

I'm not sure what to make of this film yet. But then again, I didn't like the Tungsten film either until I tried it myself, and now I'm sorry it's no longer available... So I guess I'll just have to try this one out as well. The sprocket thing is a bit silly, I think, like they're making an excuse for a production error. A creative excuse though.

5. aguillem

aguillem

Does the effect is the same all along the film, or the pre-exposure changes like a raibow? It would be fun with the Spinner 360!

6. saidseni

saidseni

Why the bald guy ALWAYS gets to try new cool things...? :) Finally, more film! :D

7. webo29

webo29

@berndtotto All the images are cross-processed which is the reason for the grainy effect. We don't have ones done with E6 as yet but we'd love to see the results too! :)
    @stratski - hand on our heart this is not a production error. We knew beforehand it would turn out like this. :)
    @aguillem It's the same coloring all over the film, but the effect varies depending on lighting conditions etc.

8. cyan-shine

cyan-shine

ME WANT

9. blablabla-anab

blablabla-anab

@saidseni I thought the exact same thing. Great minds think alike it seems!! :)
    This is probably pre-exposed 200 iso slide film, maybe 400. You flash yellow (or some other color) all through the production process of the film and you get something like this, i think...

10. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

It looks grainy as hell for a 100 speed slide film. Probably just rerolled expired old-stock film.

11. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

It's expired and pre-exposed Kodak VS100, isn't it?

12. berndtotto

berndtotto

@webo29: Cool. I'll check it out and will post the results here later. Funny, I have been the very first customer, buying this film in Tokyo today ... hahaha ...

13. lomonesia

lomonesia

it's almost like a redscale film

14. istionojr

istionojr

I agree with @berndtotto, the grain is too heavy. The grain doesn't like any common ISO 100 film eventhough its slide. Thought the crossprocess affect but for the all ISO 100 slide film that I've tried, they has smoother grain.

15. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

Never mind, it's expired Agfachrome. I wonder how it'll look processed straight in E6. :)

16. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

@robotmonkey1996 : I don't think so, cause I have try some roll of expired e100vs and it still produce great color like the fresh one =D

@webo29 : How much is it? I hope the price in Indonesia is not getting high just like previous lomo film =D

17. webo29

webo29

@hervinsyah please check in the online shop for the correct price for your region. Thank.s

18. yokekei

yokekei

Great that Lomography had introduced new film. For sure, I will try it. But I do agree with @berndtotto and @istionojr as well, the grain is too heavy.

19. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

I think the different colors of the middle area and sprocket areas are strange...

20. djramsay

djramsay

will you add this to the film subscription service?

21. saidseni

saidseni

...it was me who didn't got it or this was a limited edition but there was no info about that detail...?? :(

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Spanish, Русский, 한국어, Československy, Nederlands, ภาษาไทย, Türkçe, Français, Italiano & 日本語.