Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

All I Own: A Photo Series by Sannah Kvist

If we asked if we could photograph you along with all of your possessions, do you think you could all fit in the frame? Well, this Swedish photographer Sannah Kvist asked her friends to do just that! Jump right in to see how the photos turned out!

Image by Sannah Kvist

The series is called “All I Own” and revolves around a simple concept: participants (all born in the 80’s) were asked by Kvist to make a “sculpture” consisting of all their possessions.

The result is completely fascinating. Not only do we realize that there are indeed people around the world who don’t hoard random and useless items, but we catch a glimpse on how meticulously curated the things that come into their possession are. It’s amazing how we can perhaps deduce the subject’s life and personality by just one look!

So, how about you guys? Are you up for this challenge? Tell us what you think!

All information for this article was taken from Lost at E Minor and Sanna Kvist’s website.

written by geegraphy

1. guanatos

guanatos

fitting all your stuff into a corner has to be an eye opening experience...

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  2. grifflander

grifflander

What? No one in Sweden owns a bike?

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  3. bomboniera

bomboniera

impossible for me. my stuff won't fit

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  4. freddiefaith

freddiefaith

I would never be able to do this. D: My cats would start taking their toys away as I moved them, haha.

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  5. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

Well, given that I moved out at the age of 19 and had to get the furniture for a whole flat (including things like a fridge and a washing machine of course), I own a little more than the people on the pictures. 8 years living on your own (in shared accomodation that is) is quite a long time, although I get rid of stuff everytime I move (about 7 times so far)...Sometimes I collect things like furnitures off the street, it's amazing what people throw away. But it's possible to stuff all my belongings into one room, I had to do that once while I was living in England for half a year and left most of my stuff in Berlin and stored it in a single room. And these people have almost no books! I come from a family of people working in academia, arts or publishing, so I myself own quite a lot of books (and my friends hated that each and every time I moved) and it's nothing compared to the house I grew up in. Actually, I grew up in a library :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  6. andrus_n

andrus_n

Like the idea - luvely. Also like that most of the people own a bed - at least a place to sleep :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  7. schlogoat

schlogoat

Brilliant series. Could I fit all my stuff in a room? Sure....if its a big enough room. Y'know, like a hall... I reckon their books are in the bottom in boxes, 'cause they're heaviest! Definitely the worst thing about moving, the weight of hundreds of books.

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  8. disdis

disdis

what about clothes?... interesting but truly impossible. It would be better to put everything (objects) you love and own in a picture.

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Türkçe, 한국어, Spanish, Nederlands, Português, Československy & Deutsch.