The World’s Most Creative Instant Camera: Now Available For Pre-Order

Header

Any Time, Any Place – Part Five

We’re so close. So very close that today’s clue to the upcoming Lomography product is a close up shot. Does it confirm your guesses? Or were you way off the mark all along? Now’s the time to find out.

Details, details. What is that? Do you know? We do, but we surely can’t say. At least not today. But we can tell you what it’s not: it’s not a submarine and it’s not a rocket launcher. But that’s all we’re saying!

written by webo29

1. joaomiguelsantoscunha

it's a fisheye camera

2. ucinz

ucinz

MACRO? :o

3. telephonewolf

telephonewolf

I really hope its not a fisheye camera or another La Sardina model! It'd be nice to see something fresh and new. I like the idea of a 110 camera with macro and fisheye accessories & some 110 color film.
    If there's this much hype for just another fisheye camera... I'll be very disappointed!

4. sixsixty

sixsixty

I would buy a 110 macro camera, but have no interest in another fisheye.

5. lofiwill87

a 127 film camera the size of an inkwell

6. adi_totp

adi_totp

I love the color!! my fav :D

7. telephonewolf

telephonewolf

a 127 would be nice... but I doubt Lomography would put out a camera they don't carry film for.
    I'm hoping this is a 110 camera.... and that'd be their best marketing plan... they don't currently have a 110 cam for sale... just film.... seems like the logical next step. I really hope its something different than what's out there or what's been done as far as 110 cameras go!

8. mangaman

mangaman

something brand new I hope !!

9. fplus

fplus

to me that looks like the mounting of a fisheye view finder
  10. nock

nock

for sure some camera that wont be that exciting... or if it is, it will cost a fortune like the LC-Wide :/

11. blazie

blazie

… I hope it's not another fisheye. I can't think of a way to make yet another fisheye interesting or worth the buy, though, so I doubt Lomography would do that, especially not after all of this build-up. A 110 seems logical- and it's what I have my fingers crossed for. I don't think it HAS to be anything at this point, though.
  12. telephonewolf

telephonewolf

Suggestion for Lomography for the NEXT product: a snap-on motor with speed settings & extended film "magazine" for the LomoKino! With these things... one could keep their "crank speed" at a steady level... have two hands free for steadying the camera.... and the extended film "magazine" would give them the chance to make and sell LARGE capacity 35mm film canisters that would enable us to make longer films!

13. sirio174

sirio174

a wonderful 110 film camera!

14. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

It has to be a 110 fisheye called the "baby" or something.

15. ponz

ponz

there is a rumble related to the upcoming new camera..a rumble for fisheye pictures and things u call baby...there s nothing left to guess...

16. simonh82

simonh82

I think it is almost certainly a 110 camera, which is a shame as I think larger formats are definitely the way to go. Tiny grainy images aren't really my thing. I really don't know why they would go with a fisheye. They already have two perfectly good fisheye cameras (three if you count the Diana) and I really doubt you will get the features of the fisheye 2 into a tiny 110 camera.

It makes sense to produce a 110 camera as Lomography are the only producers of 110 film currently, if you can stimulate demand, you've got a monopoly on the market.

What is quite interesting, is that the image above appears to show wood grain under the paint/varnish. A wooden 110 camera?

17. fotoflix

fotoflix

I agree with telephonewolf. I would love to see 126 film make a comeback. It would be more practical than 110 because it is actually 35mm film with perforations on only 1 side. It shoots a 28x28mm square negative. You can process it yourself using standard 35mm tanks & reels. There were some very nice 126 cameras made by Kodak, Konica, Minolta, Canon, Ricoh and Ziess. Ricoh even made the 126C-Flex SLR with interchangeable lenses. Bigger negative = bigger pictures.

18. gvelasco

gvelasco

I was hoping for a remake of the Zenit F-21 or something like that, but using 110.

19. aanum

aanum

if it's indeed a 110 camera I hope they will include a developer tank for it because living in denmark I don't have access to anyone that develops 110 film in my area (maybe in Copenhagen but that's to far away for me)

20. robotmonkey1996

robotmonkey1996

hey Lomography... MAybe you guys could release an affordable camera that uses a readily available film format AND doesn't fall apart? Nobody reads the stupid hardcover books, and fancy packaging only hurts sales by raising prices. Maybe put that cash into a half-decent camera?

21. polka-dot

polka-dot

a micro Holga...?

22. aanum

aanum

@robotmonkey1996: I do enjoy the books that comes with the camera, so at least one reads the stupid book :)

23. rav_bunneh

rav_bunneh

Yup. 110 Baby Fisheye. =:3

24. rjltrevisan

rjltrevisan

@robotmonkey1996: You seem to hold a gruge against Lomography, why? You do know you have other options out there, right?

25. dragontw

dragontw

It is a small 110 Fisheye camera people! (seriously what is the fascination with Fisheye?) Nothing revolutionary since Superheadz already have the Demkin ages ago. I own both the baby Holga and the Demkin. I've never seen good or even "interesting" pictures come out of a micro 110. I think I'll stick with the big boys.

26. bgoh29

bgoh29

110 film attachment for Diana or LC-A+

27. dixtin

dixtin

Tilt shift camera?
  28. lomonesia

lomonesia

That picture looks like a polaroid camera :D

29. materne

materne

ikimono claims to be the worlds smallest camera. perhaps?...
  30. arsomilio

arsomilio

it's a re-edition of the superheats demkin fisheye, i suppose... http://hypebeast.com(…)110-camera/

31. sevensisters

sevensisters

Do you receive the newslettler this morning? Try to cut the .GIF... a black camera maybe with metal peices... a little "B" (for baby?) next to the lens... and a preview from the box? with 110 film... Sorry for my english, i'm french...
  32. qlamerand

qlamerand

As @sevensisters said, in the animated gif from the newsletter, we can see some brushed aluminium. The same kind there is on the fisheye 2. So I'd say a 110 fisheye camera. Maybe called "Baby Fisheye".

33. rushml

Definitely a Fisheye Mini.
  34. drito

Hopefully it's not a 110 camera. IMO 110 is irrelevant in most parts of the world, why develop film and a camera for it if it's on the way out? 110 has crappy resolution, hard to scan, expensive to get good scans from and is hard to get developed.
  35. realmustache

realmustache

it's a 110 fisheye. i was wrong. and right.

36. superkulisap

superkulisap

a tilt-shift camera?

37. farinhalactea

farinhalactea

looks like a fish eye view finder, so... I gess it is a mini fisheye.
  38. deep79

deep79

It looks yummy with a sort of polished steel surface.....kind of like a new ammo. Maybe it's a new monochrome lomo camera!
  39. kendralugo

kendralugo

Fisheye :(

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands, 中文(简体版), Português, 한국어, 日本語, Français, Spanish, 中文(繁體版), Italiano, Deutsch, Československy, ภาษาไทย, 中文(繁體版) & Türkçe.