We've been in the Twitterverse for six years already? My, my, how tweets fly! Here are some fast facts about the social media site and how you can join LomoJeopardy, our very own Twitter game, and win Piggies! Oink oink! Tweet tweet!
- The first tweet was sent on March 21, 2006 by one of its founders, @Jack
- Twitter now has an estimated 140 million users—a million more times than its 140 character limit.
- @LadyGaga is the queen of Twitter with over 21 million followers, while @YouTube is the most popular brand with 10 million followers.
- It took three years, two months and one day to hit the first billion tweets. Now tweeters can rack-up as many in less than three days.
- @Yougakudan_00 is the social media’s most prolific user with 36 million tweets, according to Twitter Counter.
- @lomography had about 5,000 followers when it started in 2009. Now, we have a whopping 55,700+!
Follow us for a buzz of only the coolest analogue photography updates! You can also follow our LomoLists of LomoAmigos, LomoStaff, and Lomography Gallery Stores around the world. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you with 36 million tweets. ;-)
If you’re following us already, why don’t you join LomoJeopardy?
- In the next few weeks, we will be tweeting statements on Twitter. You will know that it has something to do with Lomography Jeopardy when you see the #lomojeopardy hashtag.
- When you see the statement on your feeds and know the answer, you have to retweet with your answer!
Here’s an example:
We will post on Twitter:
Don’t Think. (William Firebrace) #lomojeopardy
You will have to answer with this tweet:
What is the 6th rule RT @lomography Don’t Think. (William Firebrace) #lomojeopardy
The first three who retweet the correct answer get 10 piggies to spend in our Online Shop!