Having your precious cameras and gear stolen could be the end-all of all times. But, with so many cameras and so many great shots, what are the best ways to keep your camera safe? Spoiler alert, the video in this article will teach the thief a thing or two!
Ok, ok, in all seriousness, here are some tips to keep your stuff safe since it’s pretty frustrating to lose your camera, but even more upsetting to have it stolen by someone. In lieu of having everyone stay happy and keep their equipment safe, we have come up with this sometimes obvious list of how to keep your equipment of the black market and in your possession.
- Store your gear in a well padded case that does not look like a camera bag
- HIde any large logos that could potentially make you stand out
- Carry around a small lock in your bag in case you go somewhere you feel iffy.
- Take out any finished film canisters from your camera when you are done. At least if it’s stolen, you still have the images.
- Always keep your cameras close, it might be a lot of gear that you are carrying, but better to have it with you than under the plane or bus.
- Use the strap! If your camera does not have one, it’s time to look up some tipsters