Calling all NEW YORKERS ! We've already received some truly fantastic submissions for the forthcoming New York City Guide but there's still a chance to get your pictures and LomoLocations immortalised for all time! We want you to submit any New York Location you want but this week we want to inspire you with some of the ultimate places to go when you want to "Escape the City".
Of course you can submit any NYC Location you want (see here for more information) but this week our editor Lawrence has got some awesome “Escape the City” locations for you to go out and snap. Get one of these and not only will your article/photos very likely be immortalised for all time in the Guide, but you’ll win our analogue hearts forever. What could be better than that?
So here goes -
*Apple Picking, either in NJ, Conn or near the city in NY.
*Lost in Yonkers
*Hanging out in Hoboken
*Rutt’s Hut, Clifton NJ
*Camping in the Catskills or just about anywhere else.
*The Jersey Shore (yikes)
*Cape May in New Jersey
*Whale watching (Many boats leave NJ and nearby areas intent on whale and dolphin watching.)
Day cruises! This includes dinner cruises, rock’n’roll cruises and anything else wacky people come up with.
*The Finger Lakes
*NY Wine Country
*Great NY towns like Beacon and Nyack which are known for their shops and quaint atmosphere. Beacon in-particular is known for a thriving arts community.
*Tubing on the Delaware River
*Anything strange, cool or quirky on Long Island.
*Amusement parks such as Great Adventures, Adventureland, Splish Splash and any of the Jersey Shore parks.
*Experiences on the Chinatown Bus. (Primer: The Chinatown bus system is a series of cheap buses to nearby places operating out of Chinatown. They are extremely affordable but often offer some, well, odd experiences.)
*Ski Trips, anywhere with snow.
*House of Frankenstein Wax Museum in Lake George
*Spelunking in Cobleskill and nearby cavern-filled towns.
*Poughkeepsie and other nearby college towns.
*Belmont Park or any horse or dog racing tracks in general
and, of course, Niagra Falls.
So what are you waiting for? Get submitting! If you’ve got some awesome pictures of New York City in your LomoHome, then make sure turn them into a fabulous LomoLocation and be considered for the New York City Guide! You’ll also earn a delicious 15 Piggies in the process!
How to get involved:
- To see all the sections that will be included in the Lomography City Guide New York, take a look here for more information
- If you’re not sure of what a location should look, our handy dandy step-by- step guidelines will help walk you through it with ease.
- Upload 3 or 4 or more great photos (higher resolution the better – your photos should have at least 1200 pixels in either width or height)
- A couple of paragraphs containing four or more sentences each on why you love your location and why people should check it out.
- The exact address of where it’s located and how to get there.
- If you have a LomoLocation to submit that does not fit this week’s theme, please go ahead and submit it anyway, it will still be considered for the book (as long as it’s about New York of course).
- Also, DON’T FORGET to tag your location with “NYCG” so we can pull them out easily and provide you with an extra 5 piggies.