New Feature: The Selected Page

We’ve got a brand new feature for the photo section – On the Selected page, we’ll regularly update you with our favorite analogue photos from the community – Check it out and see if one of your photos is one of our first selected!

Photo by werriston

We’d all love to spend our days browsing photos on the Lomography website – But unfortunately there’s often just not enough time. That’s where the Selected page comes in! Every day we’ll scour the Lomography site, from all-time classic shots to great new uploads, and present you with the best shots as chosen by the Lomography team jury. It gives you the opportunity to grab a quick fix of the freshest and tastiest analogue shots and we’ll be regularly updating the page with other photos we love!

But the Selected page is also a great feature if you’ve got a little more time on your hands – You can go endlessly back in our selections of the best photos and explore this ever-growing archive of awesomeness! You can also choose to just view the photos or click on the ‘Show more information’ tab to see the title, description, and metadata from each shot.

www.lomography.com/photos/selected

written by tomas_bates

1. istionojr

istionojr

jury's taste~

2. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

don't know how to get there if it's not through the link in this article :S.

3. jamesco

jamesco

@susielomovitz we'll be adding the link to the regular site navigation later today! for now it's a bit of a sneak preview for everyone who's reading this article...

4. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

ok! perfect then!

5. bravebird

bravebird

great feature!!!

6. bravebird

bravebird

... and amazing collection!

7. andredimu

andredimu

nice, but... how find an user? I must check in out 138 pages? O.o

8. adi_totp

adi_totp

great feature! now I shall try it :D

9. earlybird

earlybird

love it!!!

10. odjur

odjur

Great! I only think you should put a like button under each photo.

11. saidseni

saidseni

So... it's an amazing gallery and thank you for choosing my pic. But lately I get the feeling I'm always seeing the same pictures here. So, it feels like more of the same. I think I would prefer something like "Amazing picture no one noticed"... Is anyone feeling the same? I hope no one gets offended, as I said, they're AMAZING pictures. Lomo on! :)

12. mylatehope

mylatehope

Amazing photos all!!!

13. grazie

grazie

great collection! gives me the opportunity to be able to check out other great photos that I missed. Oh, and thanks for including some of mine :)

14. vicuna

vicuna

Great feature! And it's cool that we can "like" them directly without leaving the page :)

15. ariannapaloma

ariannapaloma

totally agree with you, @saidseni! the gallery is amazing, but it would be nice to see some reeeeeally brand new shots! by the way, can i ask how often is the page changed and updated? thanks and... thanks again for this amazing new feature! ;)

16. guanatos

guanatos

awesome showcase idea! love it

17. jamesco

jamesco

@ariannapaloma and @saidseni, you may find what you're looking for on the Homes main page at http://www.lomography.com/homes . The 'Community Activity' section at the bottom is where we showcase new photos (uploaded within the last 48 hours) with a lot of likes and comments. We are only displaying photos which already have lots of activity, so if you want to be someone who is discovering the coolest photos first and making them popular, check out the 'Most recent uploads' at http://www.lomography.com/photos . Happy photo hunting!

Also @ariannapaloma, the selected photos are updated throughout the day, so expect around one new page per day ( ~30 photos), handpicked by us at the LSI!

18. saidseni

saidseni

@jamesco: Thank you for your reply but that's not exactly what I suggested - it seems to me (correct me if I'm wrong) that's the last uploaded pictures without any selection (New Photos), the entire albums in a row, not the "Amazing pictures...". So, at this moment, I can only see there @fotoglove pictures because it was the last user uploading (I love the portraits!). Also, the "Community Activity" is more or less the "Popular Photo Section" and that is, more or less, the "Selected Pictures". Popularity is tricky. ;) Thank you and lomo on!

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch, 日本語, Nederlands, ภาษาไทย & 中文(繁體版).