Kodachrome Updates - Last Prints Developed in Kansas

Not that we're torturing ourselves intentionally here but we've got more Kodachrome news! This time around, we have the story of a man traveling from Arkansas to Kansas to pick up 15,000 Kodachrome stills he had printed!

Photo by: shoujoai

I could never imagine printing 15,000 photos in one go but 53-year-old Kodachrome fanatic Jim DeNike did just that before Dwayne’s Photo closed its doors to K-14 processing. DeNike spent a whopping $15,798 in total for his Kodachrome stash, which were all photos of railroad trains. Now that’s quite a number! It certainly seems steep but hey, he’s now part of Kodachrome’s colored history!

Read more of the story here.

written by cruzron

1. jaguarwomon

jaguarwomon

I never got a chance to shoot any Kodachrome :(

2. brettac

brettac

Same here :(

3. cruzron

cruzron

same here :(

4. scriptkat

scriptkat

Holy crap!!!!

5. wyodan

I've shot it sparingly since I started serious photography in the late-80s. It was always seen as a 'special' film. More expensive, longer to get back from the lab, less forgiving with light and exposure. But when everything came together...there simply was NOTHING that compared. I shot my last 6 freezer-kept rolls just in time for Dwayne's Lab cutoff date. I hope they make it back to me.
  6. jojomelons

jojomelons

The article is incorrect, Kodachrome is slide film so there wouldn't be any prints. Still, having 1,580 rolls processed at once is impressive. And just think…the processing was the easy part. Mr. DeNike has approximately 50,000 slides to look at and organize. How long it that going to take?

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(繁體版), Italiano, 中文(繁體版) & Deutsch.