User blogs are coming back and we need testers!

One of the most beloved features on the old site was the user blog – and it's about to come back. Not to be confused with our Magazine, this is your personal space to write about pretty much anything.

Dear diary, you won’t believe what happened today, but to start with the good: Still have my desk… (Photo by Melanie)

We will launch it later this month, but right now we need some testers who want to give it a try and help us iron out the edges. How to become a tester? Just add a comment to this article with a short entry what you’ve been up to today or what you would like to write about in your own blog… We pick ten (or more) of you then!

Update: Everyone who wants to test this feature please follow the directions here. Or type this url into your browser (replacing your-username with – well – your username): www.lomography.com/homes/your-username/blog, click on “create new blog entry” on the top right and create your first entry. You need to fill out three fields: title for the title, summary for the intro paragraph (to be shown on the overview page and with a bigger font right at the very start and body (which is the entry itself). Let us know here what you think about it and also post the links to your first entries! And please note: this is still Beta and things might be buggy, so don’t enter any super personal stuff up here (yet).

written by recurving

1. iaki

iaki

Oooo I want
    I love write about the miners rescue in Chile
    I´m so proud of this :D

2. pulex

pulex

Nice! I loaded my lca for my second doubles and later today im gonna go practicing with one of my bands and maybe i can finish this roll. Plus im going to scan the first doubles i did. Thats stuff i would write about, my daily businnes with lomography and musi.

3. spoeker

spoeker

hmm I would write about pretty everything whats on my mind. For example some lovely citys I've been to lately (Helsinki, London, Berlin) and other roadtrips like the one next weekend or how it worked out to shoot concerts with a lomo cam, festival fun, new stuff, jubilee, my dog and so on

4. arianabanana

arianabanana

I'd love to join in, I'm new to lomography and I've been experiencing pretty much on a daily basis so I'd love to share my thoughts and my ideas in a blog ... I'm not the greatest photographer to be honest but I'd love to have a way to document my progress and my thoughts.
  5. tallgrrlrocks

tallgrrlrocks

How lovely! Today, my morning was made when my friend showed me a long-lost music video of a song I absolutely love..."Rapture" by a band called Seed. It's one of them classic one-hit-wonders, but I still carry it in my heart. In the middle of the day, I had to shoot three setups for a Holiday Gift Guide. I ended up buying this vintage-looking necklace with a pendant bearing an illustration of a girl with rather long legs, trapped in an illusionist's box...it reminded me of me! Haha. So I guess the Gift Guide was effective after all ;) In the future, I would love to write about anything that goes on around me. Things that inspire, things that jolt us from everyday routine. It would be great to share that :)

6. eatcpcks

eatcpcks

My day started as usual by a good shower... And then as usual I went to work but wait... just saw a few birds... I need a picture of them! Lc-A+ out and shoot! Maybe a shitty shot or a great one! We will see but for sure, tonite i'll be scanning two rolls and one with a donkey!

7. shoujoai

shoujoai

I also would do it ^_^ publishing about special things that happen during the day... and some ideas for shooting or places where I want to go. For example I discovered an amusement parc today which is in a nuclear power plant! And it's not far away, want to go there soon and make a Lomolocation :)
    Or when I try a new camera...

8. mikahsupageek

mikahsupageek

I want to write too. How I see things differently every day thanks to my cameras ! Different ideas I get while thinking of what I could shoot !

9. beanieboi

beanieboi

@shoujoai holy sh*t! in a nuclear power plant? where is it located? near D?

10. quaisoir

quaisoir

I can't wait 4 this new feature 2 be out.i haven't been blogging as much so it'll be nice 2 write down some stuff on a regular basis, especially abt my photo outings with friends, events at work or just things about my travels or daily escapades.

11. quaisoir

quaisoir

12. ck_berlin

ck_berlin

I want too.

13. scorpie

scorpie

Hello there, it's a wonderful sunny autumn day here, albeit a bit chilly, I'm having a bit of a lazy day doing paperwork and stuff. Later tonight I'm going to meet two friends and we're going to try a veggie restaurant. I'm very much looking forward to that!
    In the future, I'd write about... well, cameras (I'm planning to buy a Lubitel 166+ soon) and some photo projects (I have some ideas in my head, both locations and some series things), baking & cupcakes (mmmh!), there are some gigs coming up and two trips to Berlin, also lots of birthday parties... lots of ideas!

14. zark

zark

I would like to tell the story behind some of my photos and albums.

15. reneg88

reneg88

oooooooh i am so in for this! =D i want to be a tester! =D

16. paramir

paramir

I would like to be testing! I find it a very cool thing to have a personal blog on my home, where I can tell the little stories that go with the photos, about experiments and just about life... wanna test!

17. nural

nural

Today I applied to become a test rat for the new Lomo blog by writing a comment here! Of course this was no surprise because I apply for anything and everything until someone in the head quarter says "ok you can open up a store now" :))

18. mandi

mandi

shushi

19. gnarlyleech

gnarlyleech

I just got to work and found out I could be a tester for the new blog, which would be really cool because I really like being a part of this website. Really, if there was a job opening here I would take it. I check my notifictations every 15 minutes while I am at work. I love lomography, don't tell my wife.....

20. renaishashin

renaishashin

I wanna be a tester for this!! Today I went out for a shoot using my lca+ loading with a roll of doubles from Stephan (mephisto19) :D Guess somethings good is going to happen soon!! Stay tuned!

21. thufflife

thufflife

I'd test that. Got two diana f+s, one for shooting 120 and other with a 35mm back. shoot everyday. Looking forwrd to comparing the differences. Try to jump off the beaten path everyday for new photo opportunties. Raising three young boys which provides me with unlimited photo ops and an abundance of amusing antedotes. All of which would be fair game on a blog.

22. rexhibitionist

rexhibitionist

I'd love to be a tester for this. I already have a successful little lomo-blog over at Tumblr but would love to have the site here. Check it out. http://niftyglasseye.com

23. adi_totp

adi_totp

I want to be a tester! The Story of Lens Licker ;p

24. tempericarus

tempericarus

I want to be a tester too. I wanna spread the lomo love in macau and specially I want to influence my friends who are dslr addicts. I want them to feel what I felt when my pictures come out after processing. The ups and downs... The artistic fulfillment when you see your pictures, how beautiful it comes out... I wanna give it a try LSI! =)

25. desiree

desiree

Me too. I work with computers all day long and create stuff and I test stuff others create.
    When I finish work today I grab my cam and explore the world :)

26. copefan

copefan

OI'd like to test it as I ramble on about anything and everything none of it really means much except to the people who understand the rants of a madman .......... but I seem to fit in here, strange isn't it!

27. lupo

lupo

I'm making music right now, so I will like to speak about Lomo and music :)

28. onur

onur

hi, i can write about istanbul..
  29. elvismartinezsmith

elvismartinezsmith

Nice! I have never tried the old blogs but am definitely interested in testing the new ones. I guess my main concern would be discussions on films, shooting and scanning techniques, you know... the usual lomographer stuffs but on a more daily basis! Beeing able to ask questions, get other users feedback, sharing tips and comments on the results.
    May also be a good way to speak of many other things than photography, and linking them all together!! I'm also a musician, and poster designer, all this in an analog way :) and it would be great for me to share this with Lomo lovers... there are so many links to create between Lomography and other analog 'sectors'

30. ongrui

ongrui

i would write about plastic photography, minds and thoughts - and i could delete the blogspot blog about this topic.
    please make the blogfeature available via a subdomain - this would be awsome...
    ongrui.lomography.com - yay!

31. gvelasco

gvelasco

Finishing up a roll on my Canon EOS 300v, a.k.a. Canon EOS Rebel Ti in the States, a.k.a. Canon EOS Kiss 5 in Japan. This is a highly under-appreciated camera. It's an entry level camera with many high-end features. When paired with the Canon 220EX Speedlite, it can sync at 1/2000"! It has a super-fast auto-focus system, several pre-programmed exposure modes, including automatic depth of field, support for multiple exposures, automatic exposure bracketing, continuous exposure, "B" mode, depth of field preview, and fully manual control as well. You can pick one up for next to nothing and it's compatible with the latest Canon EOS lenses. I've intentionally been trying to find difficult lighting situations to see how well the flash can handle them if I don't do anything special.

32. mochilis

mochilis

User blogs?? That's awesome!! I used to have a blog in my university years and I wrote almost everyday about anything that came to my mind: funny things that had happened to me or my friends in our everyday lives (those were the most appreciated posts, because most of them were really funny), my personal movies or books reviews or posted photos of my last trips, so I think my user blog would be more or less like this but adding my new lomographer's point of view :)
    Today is holiday here in Zaragoza and I went down to the city center to take pics (first time using Fuji Sensia!!) of the fruit offering to the Virgen del Pilar. It's nice because everyone taking part in this offering is dressed with his/her traditional regional costume and I had the chance to capture very colorful images. Then I've met some friends for lunch (tapas, yay!) and came back home to watch some Twin Peaks episodes with my flatmate. Now I'm waiting for it to be dark and try some lightpainting with my Yashika, what would come out? We'll see :)
    I want to be a tester!!!!!

33. mochilis

mochilis

Ooops, I think I wrote too much.. Sorry, you don't have to read it all :)

34. honey_holgawood

honey_holgawood

My husband and I love taking our cameras, mainly a Holga 120, a Diana F+, a Lomo Colorsplash, and various Polaroids, and hitting the Arizona road each weekend. Good food, fun people, and interesting roadside attractions are our target, but we often go off-target. Architecture, mountain flora and desert fauna are some of the subjects of our recent journeys of discovery. The state has six different climate types, from desert to sub-alpine, and the differences seen over a few short hours on the road are amazing. I'd love to write about them, and share my experiences and images.
  35. weedos

weedos

Part of what I do for a living is teach people how to write for the web be it copy or blog. Because of this, I find it difficult to keep my own up to date. I would love the challenge of writing daily and I feel that I am fanatical enough about Lomography that this could help me become better writer (as Lomography has helped make me a better photographer). Either way, I can't wait to start reading and learning from this amazing community in new ways. Cheers!

36. olli

My day, my day… I was late to the office in keeping with my new habit of unpunctuality. It is both an act of defiance and an attempt to control something, anything in this chaos. My four colleagues were wearing parkas and standing together in the middle of the room in the dark. It was 25° and dark outside. The minute I walked in, a jacket was shoved on me and my photograph was taken. I took out my old rollei and retaliated. They posed happily and announced the electricity was out for the day so we would be working from a teahouse across town, rather than anyone of the nearby cafes with wireless internet. I repeated my mantra quietly “Don’t fight it.” “Five hours”, I said aloud, “Then I am out.” Their faces dropped. I had been promised to the teahouse and their friends till 10pm. It was only 9am. The four of us crammed into a cab with four laptops. I wrote a short report on the reconstruction projects among the forest of slurping, spitting and cracking sounds in the teahouse. The waitress religiously filled my cup up after each sip I took. My blood sugar levels dropped rapidly. An hour later, we ate noodles and played cards. I held the cards while my colleagues took turns “helping me”. This means they let me hold the cards and played on my behalf. I lost, a lot. The game is called beat the landlord. I wanted to beat the landlord. He was gloating and delighting in the errors of his competitors. I also wanted to beat the other players. After two hours of cards I took my leave. On the way out, the teahouse lady pushed me around the teahouse, taking a total of 11 pictures with me in front of various walls of the joint before finally shoving me in to a cab. I sighed with relief.
  37. rav_bunneh

rav_bunneh

I would be proud to test the blogs.

38. gilmourish

gilmourish

Today I couldn't talk when I woke up so took the day off school. My new mobile phone came and i was like an eight year old child trying to open up the packaging and play with it! Spent most of the day playing guitar and experimenting with different tunings; I would change the pitch of one string and have to work round it and it always helps me come up with new things. After my lunch of bagels I took a mirror off the wall and took some pictures with objects on top of it, playing with the reflections and the light, put my DSLR's battery onto charge and retrieved some expired film from the attic. I'm always finding film and today's find was a Kodak film expired in 1979... I have one roll of film which it expired in 1970 and I don't even know what it is! Put a new roll of film into my Agfa Super Sillette and took some pictures of the mirror but decided to save half of the film for something else. For a sixteen year old school boy, it was a great day!
  39. reneg88

reneg88

Well this weekend I took my Horizon Perfekt on our first trip together with my girlfriend! We went to a lighthouse on the southwest corner of the island (Puerto Rico). On our drive we saw some pretty sweet landscapes in which we seemed obligated to pull over and take a few shots with our Ektachrome GX film. Once we were close we stopped by a friend's house who was visiting from New York and chatted up for a while and ate some delicious frituras. Then we were finally on our way to our destination. The road as all muddy but the sights were impressive. We got down and walked a long way to the top of the hill where the lighthouse was and the picture taking action began! We spent hours admiring the beautiful shores and ocean waves hit the sand. After we had our share of Kodak moments, we walked down the hill and stopped at the lighthouse's famous beach: Playa Sucia. White sandy shores, calm waves, and beautiful sights. It was the perfect weekend getaway. Of course this would all be much lovelier if you could see the pictures we took. But you can always just follow this link and enjoy them as well. ^_^ http://www.lomograph(…)os/11956186

40. justanotherfreak

justanotherfreak

H(: So.. I woke up waaay to early today, but was late for school nevertheless. I somehow managed to survive the first 6 hours and then wandered through Vienna. Enjoyed automn weather, drank coffee with friends, wondered about time. I just woke up from a nap and am now going to go out again and see where it takes me.. If i wrote a blog it would propably be about my thoughts about - pretty much everything. And about Vienna. And stuff I find in the internet. And it would be in not-perfect-english as I'm not a native. And not about lomography. And a lot of sarcasm. (meaning: of course about lomography too(: )
  41. myloveletter

myloveletter

Ahhhh... October. I fell in love for the very first time in October. His hair was red and so were the leaves in a southern town in Tennessee. This morning, 3am, I leave the haunted house after screams and laughter all night long. I'm in the padded room. I'm the crazy girl. Crazy in love. In one hidden flap of the padded room, I have my lomo hidden. I sneak a few pictures. Monsters, bodies with no life hang in hallways, the chainsaw, the clowns with the never fading smiles and the knives behind their backs. Click. Snap. Souls captured. I go home, take a shower and head to my early morning job making coffee, starting people's day off right, just after I ended their night all wrong. I imagine them, sipping their coffee, the dreams they just woke from; did they not want to wake up, finally with the girl that sits next to them in class with the short skirts and the golden hair, or were they nightmares, the kind caused by haunted houses. The crazy girls in the padded room, the lifeless bodies they have to push out of the way to make it through. Most importantly: do they dream in black and white or do they dream in color? In squares or horizons, soft focus, is their depth to their dream fields, do they need room for cream? I come home and the crepe myrtle is dropping its last blooms. The sun is sliding down, everything turns orange. Orange that can't be real. Like a dream. Click. Snap. I need a nap. I need to see that red headed boy just one more time. I never took his picture, never even got a glimpse of his sweet soul.

42. lexilouphoto

lexilouphoto

I'm starting a photo business! Commercial and Fine Art Photography. Along with my friend from college we are venturing into the business of photography. Thought I work as a photographer full time and she in corporate finance we are longing to be our own bosses and do our own work. Together with my commercial experience and her eye for fine art we will make a great team. It has been slow and growing but we feel we have great talent and with the right direction can really make a living at it but we are not quitting our day jobs just yet, the rent still has to get paid. So my day has consisted of approving business cards, updating all social media and continuing to develop and work on creating our website hopefully to launch by the end of the month. It has saved us money by doing the website ourselves but still a slow process to remember all those Flash and HTML classes from college. We are really looking forward to this new adventure and though It is tiring it is so so exciting!
  43. beanieboi

beanieboi

ok, being the icebreaker: why do you use analogue? http://www.lomograph(…)ogue-photos

44. iaki

iaki

=( I wanted to be tester =( And I was the first ...I´m so unlucky! >.<

45. ipdegirl

ipdegirl

Hey...LSI...here I am. Writing and photography are two things I do pretty well. Today I walked my dog (or should I say, she walked me) at the beach. She met some furry friends. Then she went to the vet, which she loves to do because she plays with MORE doggie friends. I got my hair fixed, helped my kids with their homework, uploaded my cool Polaroids from the weekend and am now watching my crazy dog chase her tail while enjoying a tasty beer. YES!

46. recurving

recurving

hey – thanks for your responses so far… everyone who wants to test the feature please follow the directions here: http://www.lomograph(…)-lomography – and be sure to post your feedback and links to your first entries here…

47. scorpie

scorpie

first post, bed now ;)

48. gnarlyleech

gnarlyleech

My first blog post ever. not much but quite a landmark for me. http://www.lomograph(…)to-blogging

49. reneg88

reneg88

i LOVE it! here's my first post!
    now the only thing that's left is to direct the comments and likes to the notifications in our homes

50. spoeker

spoeker

firts post: http://www.lomograph(…)ello-autumn
    I like this feature :)
    Now we need notifications for that. I would love to kow if someone I follow published a new blog (same for magazine entries). Maybe you could put the notifications for "blog posts" "magazine posts" "xy startet following you" and "album notifications in one tab so that we can indulge in those posts or just simply ignore them when it's too much ;)

51. mephisto19

mephisto19

i'd like to test, too

52. olli

We ate dinner at the best French restaurant in town. The atmosphere is good with a variety of customers including cross-dressing males seated at the table next to us. My conservative religious colleagues luckily did not notice anything worth questioning. He was dolled up pretty good. Once, my assistant told me there were no gay people in China. They all live in the west. We ate pizza, salad and soup. The driver crinkled up his nose at most offerings during the evening, as he has over the year I have known him. He loves his country and he loves his food. He’s a gambler and a “lady killer” as described by his priest. What he liked and ate directly from the shaker after dinner was cracked pepper. Cracked pepper is my driver’s favourite Western food.
  53. reneg88

reneg88

oh and another thing, we should also receive notifications whenever someone we follow posts a new blog, and if we comment a blog, we should receive a notification if someone makes a comment back to us =)

54. tempericarus

tempericarus

Here's my first post. Hope you like it! Now I know what I'm gonna write about and my format! I love it! Thanks LSI! http://www.lomograph(…)first-night

55. spoeker

spoeker

new album new blog ;)

56. reneg88

reneg88

i posted a new blog! you're in for a lomo-romantic treat! http://www.lomograph(…)e-you-later

57. scorpie

scorpie

new blog: http://www.lomograph(…)y-lost-roll
    I managed to post a link, yay me!

58. eva_eva

eva_eva

im a blogger~ haahahahaa! :P loves!

59. eva_eva

eva_eva

60. gelagoo

gelagoo

Will definitely give this a try! Hurry up weekend!

61. neurodiaz

neurodiaz

Sweet. :D Lomography is GREAT:

62. reneg88

reneg88

i just thought of something. it would be nice for when the blogs are officially active and showing in our homes, that we could put tags in our blogs, so that say for instance, i wanna search blogs about film, i can search film and all the blogs tagged with film will appear =)

63. grazie

grazie

I'd love to contribute too! I'll write about the everyday stuff like what I had for breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. Or the cloud formation today. Or maybe that cute dude I secretly snapped with my LC-A+. Or maybe my niece's giggles. Or maybe about the diana mini strap I crocheted and proud of. Just about anything. But surely everyday things that make me smile.

64. scorpie

scorpie

new blog: http://www.lomograph(…)int-of-view
    I second @reneg88's idea with the tags, that would be great!

65. ubmba04jp1

ubmba04jp1

Hey I can try out in both English and Japanese language environment if you need it.

66. djprov

djprov

Well I am very new here and feeling the excitement of my old days of film cameras. I've been on a digital wave since 2004 enjoyable but became very stagnate.

I have a new Holga 120CFN, it puts a smile on my face. The first roll was full of light leaks (cool) so I am learning to tape up better or not so well when I am feeling lazy (which is often) loving the images so far. So I shot a second roll but this time I decided to try the flash....had to open the cam up in the dark room to re-tape the batteries in hahaha whata' trip! Have not the second roll yet but I did discover that I had left the lens cap on for a couple maybe more photos hahaha :-) fixed that! I through the darn thing away, yeah! So now I am on my first roll of BW to see what happens and on the hunt for cool looking Holga photos. Thanks Lomo for the renewed inspiration.

Oh most of my photo friends think I have lost it but I think I have found it.....

67. kylewis

kylewis

I'm going to be to the point... About time I missed it and thanks!

68. 1minute1second

1minute1second

Yaay! filled out my first entry. I'm a huge blogger so I love that this feature is coming back! Tags would be nice as mentioned above! http://www.lomograph(…)f-retail-01

69. zane

zane

I love the blog it is soo fun.

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(简体版).