Lca_120_september_2014_header

Help Us to Improve Our Website by Giving Feedback to Our New Features

How do you like the Magazine and the new community features so far? Have you been making dozens of Walls already or have you been checking out the Nearby page for new places to visit? We're eager to know what you think! Help us to improve our website by giving feedback to our new Features, specifically

Photo by spugy182

How’s the new and improved Lomography community working out for you? We’re dying to know! We’ve made a lot of changes and tweaks here and there to further enchance the Lomographic experience and as always, we’d love to hear you guy’s feedback on what works and what could be done better!

So please tell us what you think about these new/enhanced features:

• Homes
  • Activity Stream
  • Walls
  • Nearby

Please leave your answers in the comments and try to put in complete answers for all 4 categories. Try to be as specific as possible and please put the category you are feedbacking on before your comment. Thank you!

Here’s an example:

Homes – Can we have an option to put the Wall in front of our Home?
Activity Stream – It would be good if we could have more categories for filtering.
Walls – Wow! I missed this so much from the old website. But can we make it play automatically like a slideshow?
Nearby – I love it! Now I can tag and search for Locations much easier!

written by cruzron

1. stouf

stouf

Activity Stream – Recent albums notifications could be placed under an additional tab within the activity section, with an additional counter of notifications...
    Homes - I'd like to move multiple pictures in the lab, and I'd like to upload animated gifs.
    Nearby - Enable a filter by user

2. rav_bunneh

rav_bunneh

Walls - Option to let you pick the wall you want on your profile. Option to randomize the wall on your profile.

3. desiree

desiree

- Walls: I love the LomoWalls, It would be great, to download each wall as one jpg...
    - Home: much better organized :)
    - Activity Stream: sometimes a littl bit crowdy, when people you follow upload new albums
    - Nearby: It would be great to get locations nearby your home or if you could search...

4. spoeker

spoeker

first: great new features! Thanks for that!
    and now some suggestions:
    Homes – option to pick by oneself what is displayed on our home
    Activity Stream – make more tabs: "likes, comments & messages of others" and "new albums and followers of others" just need better names ;)
    Walls – a slideshow would be cool or a randomize function. It would helpful if we could change the order of the walls too

5. gnarlyleech

gnarlyleech

Activity Stream - How about group likes together by username. like this:

Gnarlyleech liked 7 photos, Click here to expand and see the photos they liked.

Also have a separate section just for likes.
    Homes - be able to choose which lomowall is on the home.

6. shoujoai

shoujoai

grouping together is a great idea @gnarlyleech! Would me spend many time, because I want to visit everybody who liked my pictures to see if they have anything new.

Lab - Agree to @stouf, moving multiple pictures would be fantastic
    walls - the avatar when displayjing the wall could be a little view of the wall and not only the first picture
    competitions - I miss a place where I can see ALL submissions from the different pages as Lomography Asia, Germany, Spain, ...

Respect, you have done many great changes!

7. shoujoai

shoujoai

of course, I mean it would SAVE me many tiome to group together ;D

8. eskimofriend

eskimofriend

I would love if I could change my home with either a wall or the albums or pictures on my page...
    and yes Homes - be able to choose which lomowall is on the home (gnarlyleech)
    but amazing job so far!!!!!!!! :) thank you guys

9. eskimofriend

eskimofriend

oh and maybe seperate my own activity from other people's activity...

10. eskimofriend

eskimofriend

and another one (sorry)
    would be AMAZING if there was a private section where we can see pending articles that we wrote until they get posted (to make sure the upload worked, or for you guys to give us short feedback if you need to etc)

11. herbert-4

herbert-4

Please have a separate columns for others' likes, friends postings, and your own activities and likes. All together is just too big.

12. spoeker

spoeker

I'm with @gnarlyleech and @shoujoai: pro grouping together per user! This would be very helpful
    lab: moving more than just one photo and let us rotate photos

13. eszmo

eszmo

I still can not publish my walls. But downloading the walls as one jpg is a great idea.

14. gnarlyleech

gnarlyleech

Articles - Also I agree with @eskimofriend about a private section to show our pending unpublished articles. I have written so many, I don't remember how many I wrote that have not been published.

15. katzpe

katzpe

Homes- I wish we could pick which wall shows up in our home instead of it automatically being the most recent wall we've made. I also agree with @gnarlyleech and @eskimofriend that there should be a private section to show our pending articles.
    Activity stream - I'm glad we have the "activity by you" and the "activity by others" filters but I wish we could get notifications of comments in articles that we have commented on, like if we could sign up or something so we could receive notifications pertaining to certain articles.
    Walls- Love 'em! I would probably make more of them if I could choose which one shows up in my home.
    Nearby - I think this is a great feature, it's really cool to see that there are other lomographers in my area.

16. eatcpcks

eatcpcks

Homes choosing the first wall
    Activity Stream more categories! and grouping
    Walls miniature view of the wall..
    Nearby good for me:)

Everything has been said!

Thanks for all this features and congrats to you!

and view all the competitions around the world would be a great feature, even for all magazine articles, have a global view!

17. superlighter

superlighter

Homes - !customization! like in the old glory days!
    Activity Stream - filtering new albums notifications by others on a different column
    Walls - the use of the box "published" only to publish the lomowall we need on the home page and when a lomowall is complete and Saved is immediately visible to anyone on the walls page, then delete the unnecessary unpublished walls section
    Nearby - an option to geotag our position in the about edit page?

18. brettac

brettac

a lot of "black holes" on newly uploaded photos/albums and some links and some broken links every now and then, but WAY better than the originally launched version. Overall it's great, I love the improvements and newfound abilities.

19. ululchen

ululchen

homes: if i click on "most recent albums" of a user, then have a look at an album and then use the return button of my browser, i would like to return to the most recent albums, not to the wall.
    activity stream: as said before, two different columns for my activity and others' activity, or some filter would be nice.
    walls: yeah, i would love to be able to download my walls. and i would love to make walls out of square format pictures as an addition to the landscape format (so that one could choose if the smallest possible photo is square or landscape). also, i would like to choose the number of photos on one wall (i.e. the format of the whole wall).
    nearby: nothing to criticise here.

20. coca

coca

* Homes: like @superlighter sais: customization!!
    * Activity Stream: a tab for likes and comments and another for friends activity like albums publication
    * Walls: it would be so cool if we have some more movement options
    * Nearby: dont understand the difference between the nearby magazine and nearby photos.
    congrats for the great work !!!!!!

21. iaki

iaki

Homes – customization too! like the homedeluxe!
    Activity Stream – only my activity in number of notification. WIth tab for the other options
    Walls – I wanted comments...but there are!
    Nearby – I love "nearbies" for me works great :D

22. thomas12

thomas12

i am new, that's a problem maybe since i have to find my way around

what i am missing definetely is an option to lacate people near my place, i checked the nearby location "koblenz" and found two older entries, but how can i locate other lomographers near my place ?

thomas

23. scorpie

scorpie

Homes - It would be great if we could sort our own pictures by tags (I think I remember dimly that there was a feature like that way back on the beta-site, but it disappeared again, or at least I can't find it).
    On the articles page in our home, I like it that you separated our articles from the translations. However, the counter seems off: on the international site I have 14 articles, on the german more than 30 - I can't remember how many there are, but I'm pretty sure both numbers are wrong.
    Activity Stream - works fine for me, especially with the filters to separate my activity from others'. And the "messages" page helps a lot!
    Oh, it would be great if we could get a notification too if someone replies to a comment we left on a photo that isn't ours (as in: If I leave a user a comment on a photo and ask them a question, and they write a reply as a comment to their photo, too, I'll most likely never find out about it, which is sad).
    Walls - Honestly, I never thought I'd love this feature as much as I do. I'm addicted to them! It'd be great if we could choose which wall to display on our homes, otherwise I think it's perfect :)
    Nearby - is great!

24. panelomo

panelomo

Homes - bring back the 'stream' view.
    Walls - how about adding a popular Lomo Wall view in the main page?

25. recurving

recurving

@panelomo: go to photos in any home – on the upper right you see the stream view!

26. stouf

stouf

Homes - Enable spaces into tags in the lab by using quotes, example of common tag that is impossible now: 'long exposure'

27. breakphreak

breakphreak

- Activity: to be able to switch between the tabs like "my actions, friends' actions etc"
    - Activity: if commented on some article - want and option about keep being updated when others will reply with a comment.
    - Wall: it's implemented BEST and very usable. Maybe an option to share it on facebook?
    - Albums/lab: a better option to browse. VERY slow now. Kinda scrolled option to see bigger spinner pics maybe.

28. stouf

stouf

Homes - Enable html codes in our homes description. And the use of 'return' so that we can jump lines in the description (for the moment I have to use lines of dots to separate my words... check my home description if I'm not clear...)...

29. reneg88

reneg88

i don't think i have much new to say that other people haven't already said. the only thing I would propose is that we get a notification when someone writes to us and links our homes like this: @recurving so that we don't have to be checking back to the articles we've commented or if someone replies to something we wrote in the shout box, etc...

30. iaki

iaki

is it possible we have the oktokino again? I miss it!

31. beanieboi

beanieboi

@stouf allowing html in the description opens a big security issue. we thought about this, but its, at the moment, to hard to handle.

32. porkchopsandy

porkchopsandy

Competition submissions: Can we please have more photos visible in one scroll from my photos to submit so I don't have to scroll 200 times to see all my photos. And... it'd be nicer to be able to modify submissions before the deadline :)

33. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

hey! CONGRATS ON NEW WEB!!!
    * Homes: really nice!
    * Activity Stream: I don't like to see MY comments and likes becouse then it's really hard to find th comments and likes my friends left me. I love new albums notifications, but I think it's great idea to put it in a new tab.
    Would be nice notifications when there is any winner anoucement... I miss a lot of them...
    * Walls: love walls! really fun! But now I'm having troubles changing the one I have in my home for another I used to have 2 weeks ago. Scroll would be nice too!

34. usefulidiot

usefulidiot

MERCI! THANKS!
    You've done a great job, I never had so much fun with the web !
    LAB : I would like to have some simple edit options like rotate or crop...
    WALLS : it's impossible to have a greater picture if it's not a square or a rectangle, frustrating !

35. ghost

ghost

the only thing that i think would be to have a square option for the lomo walls so you could make a whole square wall insted of the rectangular ones. also, maybe an option to overlap or like, stagger the squares on the walls. just some thoughts.

36. slemley

slemley

Great job setting up the site! I'm very new to all this, so I don't know what it was like before but loving it!

I'd like the possibility to mark single notifications as read, and also to have articles I've ticked as liked to shop up on an area of its own. I often find articles that describe techniques or are otherwise informative that I'd like to check back on later, and therefore would like them to be easy accessible.

37. fmadera

fmadera

When I switch to slideshow view.. and show all the pictures, the pictures that are not horizontal get chopped up. Is there any way to correct that ?//

38. fmadera