Black_friday_en

New Feature on Lomography: the Endless Photo Wall

We are happy to announce the newest feature on Lomography: the Endless Photo Wall - a collection of 12,000 of the most popular photos.

We are happy to announce the newest feature on Lomography: the Endless Photo Wall. It might not look that much different at first as you see 60 photos. But each click on “Load More Photos” loads 60 additional photos and adds them to the wall. So how many times can you click you might ask – well endless stops at 12,000, so after 199 clicks you come to an end… See the wall in action here:

Which leads us directly to a challenge: if you click through yourself through this big wall and come to the very last photo: be sure to leave a comment on that photo. Everyone who leaves a comment there gets 5 piggies – deadline is Sunday end of day (Hawaii time)!

So how is this wall created? Every day we take the 12,000 most popular photos, shuffle them and present them to you in sliced pieces. We’ve also added a preview function: to fit all photos in our grid we sometimes have to crop them. But as you know: Horizon shots or Diana shots don’t fit exactly in – but just move your mouse over a photo and you see a preview.

Please let us know what you think! And would you like to have a feature like this in your homes as well?

written by recurving

1. lomo-art

lomo-art

super nice this way `n wall. I want also this way `n wall then sit I the complete day click

2. lomo-art

lomo-art

My cat photograph also on the Lomowal super nice

3. falsedigital

falsedigital

Finally!
    It makes discovering those hidden gems much easier :D

4. takezzo

takezzo

pretty cool. i want this feature in my albums... i want this feature on my home!!!

5. yoscolmi

yoscolmi

wow, that's AWESOME!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! and YES PLEASE i want that in my home! i'm damn sure everybody wants that!

6. renaishashin

renaishashin

I WANT THIS IN MY HOME!!!!!! HOOOOO~!!

7. kazarareta

kazarareta

I'm a verrrry happy staffer to have this!

8. graefin

graefin

a great idea! I want to have it in my home :) but maybe with an additional function: I want to choose which albums I can use to create one wall.

9. jaalvarez

jaalvarez

Wonderful idea !!!
    It works !!!
    And you can see more, and more photos ...
    Congrats !!!

10. panelomo

panelomo

click! click! click! good job LSI guys... and gals! :)

11. boredbone

boredbone

coolness. i love it!

12. renaishashin

renaishashin

FINALLY reached the last photo haha! I was half awake when clicking the 'Load More Photos' button!

13. emilios

emilios

what an amazing feature!! Love it

14. rater

rater

Wooo, so many photos!! Took a looooong time to get to the last one (my laptop battery went dry!)... and it would be great to have a wall feature in our home, but I would like to be able of choosing the photos I want to appear!

15. adi_totp

adi_totp

love it! i want to lick the photo wall noooow! ;p ;p ;p ;p

16. disdis

disdis

cool!!! I love this new feature

17. panelomo

panelomo

i think new photos should be on top - what do you think?

18. hansie14

hansie14

Yay this is great! Sooooo many gorgeous pics! My fave bit is where there's a photo with 'world wide love' written in it with an arrow that seems to be pointing to the photo on it's right which is of a lovely lady's ass! Hooray!

19. stouf

stouf

Ho guys ! Yes this is amazing ! I'm so excited about this 'real shape' preview ! Good job !

20. eggzakly

eggzakly

Yes! We want a feature like this in our homes as well!! :D

21. ethermoon

ethermoon

wow cool very well made! at least we have this some kind of "lomohome" feel back during the old days of Lomography :-)

22. lawypop

lawypop

I want this feature! :)

23. kylewis

kylewis

This is great and it really does give you a different way to look at all those incredible images you cant find.
    Can we all have a mini one for our homes so our faves are shown? Please please!!!
    and thank goodness I reached the end, I can do some work now!

24. paramir

paramir

works great! this is a very nice way to get lost in photos... i would like it in my home as well please!! :)

25. disdis

disdis

and of course, I also do want this in my home... I'm not sure if fulled with chosen ones or the most popular ones. Maybe a top list of each one in everyone's home?

26. kingnate

kingnate

Yes indeed - would be a perfect addition to the homes

27. coca

coca

this is great!!! i want this in my home too :)

28. recurving

recurving

So eight people already clicked until the came to the very end of this wall…

29. anarchy

anarchy

You guys are crazy! Damn it was soooooo sloooow the last 100 clicks... browser froze between each click...... But I got there in the end, hahaha =)

30. nural

nural

OMG this is great! It took me a few tries to get to the last page since I kept on clicking a random photo rather than the "load more photos" button but I loved it!! I got to see some of my photos, some of the photos I already like and a bunch of new ones!!! Totally cool
    I want one for my home as well!!!

31. nural

nural

Oh and when I read that it would load 60 more photos after every click, I thought that the thumbnails would get smaller, I didn't think that it would just add to the bottom but thats nice as well since you can see the photos in a proper size!

32. vicuna

vicuna

A great new feature and a great way to browse through a lot of pictures! Congrats for the great work LSI! And like others, I'd like to have this feature on the homes too... ;)

33. mephisto19

mephisto19

i really like the feature! but what i liked MORE was the rainbow-wall you created from lwc-submissions... that'd be amazing! :D
    and it takes veeeeeeeeeeery long to get to the end

34. adbigmilk

adbigmilk

Great way to dive again in all those beautiful shots !! those I could missed. Thanks lomography !

35. bongofury

bongofury

Please LSI put this in my home

36. superlighter

superlighter

I'm so sorry but I can't reach the end, after 7 hours I'm still at the 130 click, it takes ages to open every new block and time exponential increase click after click!

37. lomo-art

lomo-art

Yes here here too terrible slow. Centuries last when a new page comes. Moan… because now the fun is a smattering there finished

38. cyan-shine

cyan-shine

Great stuff :D
    If I had a wish open for the endless wall, I'd like to get title and lomographer on hover :D

39. scorpie

scorpie

wow, i made it through! took me ages, i got distracted by all the pretty pictures (as you can probably tell from my epic liking spree...). that was fun!

40. kernow_and_cambria

kernow_and_cambria

Never again! That took so loooooong to get to the end. About 5 minute reload between each click! Good shots along the way though!

41. kernow_and_cambria

kernow_and_cambria

Also if you click on a photo to comment/like you have to start at the beginning again. Or was i doing something wrong?

42. life_on_mars

life_on_mars

end wall close))
    thank you for this wonderful experience. I tried to count the amount of my photos - but became confused and began to enjoy other

43. ilovemydiana

ilovemydiana

although very cool, i dont think i'll ever make it to the end because it makes my computer freeze...

44. lakandula

lakandula

Awesome coolness! Great job LSI. As I clicked my way to find my lomographs, I can't help but get lost in the charms of photos by other lomographers. That's why I kept starting all the way back from the first photo wall. But the whole process of seeing my lomographs in the company of so many beautiful ones is like giving myself a pat on the back. It's validating all the efforts, costs of films/cameras/processing, friendships, fun and lessons learned in every shot I make. I share the same call to have this great feature in my lomohome. Kudos LSI!

45. zoe191

zoe191

Cool. So these already popular photos will become more popular because more people will view them and like them. I want to see nice photos that are not popular yet. Fortunately the random photo and random home features are still here. Don't worry "unpopular but nice photo," I will find you!!! :)

46. lomoteddy

lomoteddy

cool and smoothe , great idea !

47. mattcharnock

mattcharnock

I am so glad i have no work on today - as i think i am going to be busy busy busy!

48. falsedigital

falsedigital

You know, I was thinking.... it might be cool to make a screensaver from a lomography image feed. I think it would be pretty cool to see random photos pop on my screen while I'm not using it.

49. mattcharnock

mattcharnock

rankins book was called visually hungry - if you publish this book i think it should be visually full with the top button of my trousers undone for room

50. vicuna

vicuna

Finally, after clicking and clicking reached the last one!! I can't stop to scroll the full wall up and down looking at all these beautiful shots!!! If these 12000 shots could be edited in a book it would be the best lomographic photobook ever!!!

51. magicbus

magicbus

it is a nice feature, but i still miss the albumwalls like we had in our old lomohomes. i also miss to create a wall for my home. what about this???

52. maicul

maicul

12,000 photos! I love seeing so much pretty pictures...

...Expect when I click on a photo I really like 3/4 through and then click the back button, it starts from the beginning again. Then I have to start over again. Kindda frustrating after the 4th time. :/

53. maicul

maicul

12,000 photos! I love seeing so much pretty pictures...

54. maicul

maicul

...sorry for the same comment twice. That was unintentional. Heh. ^^"

55. ilovemydiana

ilovemydiana

there was some computer hopping and tag teaming but we found it... you have to have a good connection for this one! makin us work for our piggies!

56. yoscolmi

yoscolmi

yeah, nice feature! would love to see that in my home! makes exploring much more fun!

57. myriam-l

myriam-l

very nice idea ! but after about 1100 pics, the button "load more photos" wasn't clickable anymore... I saved the page that I had at the moment and then my browser froze and I had to restart my computer, ahhhhhhh !
    I don't think I'll have the courage to do it all again, too bad...

58. recurving

recurving

hey there… 12,000 photos might be a bit too much for some computers… sorry. but i have some good news: an endless wall on homes will come. very soon. stay tuned!

59. stouf

stouf

Yeah !!!! In our homes !!!! Will we be able to change the shots order in our wall ?

60. zulupt

zulupt

My finger hurts but I´ve seen all pics. Great feature LSI. Loved it!

61. novakmisi

novakmisi

after four hour click by click find THE END by the way I saw my 63 photos on a wall.congrats to all lomographers!

62. mrs-paul

mrs-paul

Oh... Mr Paul is so happy... is has seen himself twice today on the Lomo wall! Love it... love it... love it!

63. eggzakly

eggzakly

I find it annoying that you have to start all over if you click on a photo on the way... I've been opening the photos in separate tabs as I go along, but once in a while I'll accidentally click on a photo instead of the "load more" button - which mean I'm probably about 300 clicks in, but have yet to reach the end!

64. yarah

yarah

I reached the end!!! I used a new browser, which is faster than the old one I used (won't advertise) But it helped, I reached the end in less than a hour! And I love this feature, great to see so many beatiful pictures! But maybe you can make a wall with undiscoverd pictures as well!

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 日本語 & Spanish.