Hailing from Bangkok, Thailand: the land of smiles is one more Lubitel Lover - Say hello to Kokakoo!
Kokakoo is full-time Lomographer who is addicted to imperfect cameras and pictures. Living in one of the hottest and busiest cities, enriched with delicious foods that you would fall in love with – Bangkok!
1.How did you get into Lomography?
Since 2000. I once saw an irresistible, weird-colored picture from a Thai website. I learned that it was the result of the LC-A camera. After searching for more info, the first LC-A flew into my hands and turned to be my trustworthy friend until now. This pal also introduced me to his friends, and everyday I have with me at least 2 cameras everywhere I go.
2. How intimate are you to your Lubitel? Is it your “soul camera”?
Of course! I personally love 1:1 format. Previously I’ve got the Lubitel166B. I like its’ simple look, and it’s not as complicated as other professional TLRs. Looking through the viewfinder from the top makes me feel like I’m entering a private room, specially for me. However, it’s so difficult to focus so I don’t use it frequently. Now that I met the newly developed Lubitel166+, it has become my another daily companion, besides LC-A.
3. The most absurd Lubitel moment that you have had so far?
- When I take it outside, older people — when I said old, I mean old old OLD — often approach me and talk about their good old days with this kind of camera. Some even want to buy it from me … Oh NO~
4. Which Lubitel film format do you prefer, 35mm, square, rectangular or panoramic?
- Only square! I’ve tried every format but square is what overwhelmed me.