The New Lomography is Here! Feedback Please

Sit back and enjoy the new face of Lomography! Then let us know how we can improve!

It is time to tidy up your bookmarks! beta.lomography.com is as of now a thing of the past! We may of relaunched but this does not mean that we have stopped the development of the site! Far from it – read on to find out about some of the things that are currently being worked on!

Photos

Over the years nearly 5 million photos have been uploaded to old.lomography.com Enough memories to last a lifetime! Are we going to leave these behind? Never!

Starting next week we will transfer all photos from the old site over to the new. We will do this in two batches:

• First come first served. The first beta tester will be the first to have his/her photos transferred. Then the second beta tester, then the third and then the… you get the point. We will in this manner transfer all photos from all users that have migrated their accounts. If you want to take part of this round – we suggest that you migrate your account until Monday next week!
  • Once we are done we will transfer all other photos online!

Piggies

From now on you will no longer be able to see how many piggies you have in your Homes, but rather in the online shop! All you have to do is to log in. (You will of course still be getting email notification if your piggies are about to expire!)

Awards

We promised that we will transfer these and we will! Just hold on for a little while longer please. Soon you will see some badges popping up on your homes!

Relaunch done – Homes & Labs – Much more to come!

We may of pulled the plug on the old site but this does not mean that we have stopped the development of the new one. We are working on the next round of updates on the Homes & Lab.

What else have we forgotten? What can we improve? What features should we keep? Anything new that we should add? Let us know your feedback in the comments below and be sure that we will incorporate your suggestions as much as we can! This is also your time to tell us about any bugs or other fixes that you may want!

The Old Site

The old site will still be available online for a short while at old.lomography.com Here you can see your old homes for just a little while longer. After a short while this site will be made unavailable as well.

written by lucasjakobsson

1. eyecon

eyecon

Congratulations! That´s a big step - just open the champagne....

2. stouf

stouf

I like the new site, you did a great job for sure ! One thing though. On our homes, it would be nice to see the 15 albums that we see when we click on the link "albums" inside our home. And it would be perfect if we could re-organize the order of these albums (just as photos can be re-ordered inside an album) so that we can make a wall from all the pictures that are in first position in each album... I'm not sure to be clear...

3. herbert-4

herbert-4

What will happen to the old features, like visitors/guestbook, Web.Log, City Tips, Minimovies, key movies, and walls? How about being able to customise and recolour your home and link music? And please, don't lose anything!!

4. stouf

stouf

Yeah, a little space for html embed code would be paradise !

5. jeepeng

jeepeng

ops...sorry for all the stupid question i posted in previous post...i got all my answers here, thanks LSI, and congratulations!!!

6. d_i_hunter

d_i_hunter

Ooh yeah, html customisation would be cool!

7. d_i_hunter

d_i_hunter

@stouf. I tried doing some 'wall merges' manually using album covers and uploading sliced-up pictures - it was a bit of a faff, but looked good. I'll try to activate them again

8. eva_eva

eva_eva

congrats! i love new lomography.com :D

9. reinertlee

reinertlee

Yes! Again, welcome to the new world. Congratulations LSI! ;)

10. adi_totp

adi_totp

congraaaats! wohoooooo! i'm so excited!!

11. cinzinc

cinzinc

congratulations! exciting! here's what i noticed, i liked how you give updates on the recent activity in LSI and in ur own lomohome. but, it says i received a comment & its a link. but it doesnt lead me to that comment, just to my photos. and now i gotta take a look at each photo to check out that comment. Maybe it would be nice to directly show me the comment.
    cheers!

12. graefin

graefin

wow!
    It looks not quite like home by home but this will change soon I guess.
    What I don't like about the new frontpage: You have to scroll a lot! And I think a startpage has to be clearer in its structure. The Shoutbox is down at the bottom: Who sees it?! And the box with the newest Blog entries is also far down...

13. stouf

stouf

And if we could also have something appearing in our home when someone comments on one of our posts (location, camera review, tipster...) it would be great !

14. breakphreak

breakphreak

@stouf: how come you've put the second comment and not the first? :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LSI! :)

15. azurblue

azurblue

Hourra ! Let's drink champagne, then !

Just one bug still remaining, the map in the lomolocations is broken , it can't find any town...

I liked the beta home very well in the beginning, but now I miss my "ancien" lomohome, with wallmerges, private photomails, piggies counter. If you could add this to the new homes, that would be nice.

16. lomodirk

lomodirk

cinzinc and stouf are right :) What I would like to have is a "comment back" function where I can still see/read what an other member has written to me :) That was a surprise to see beta as final ;)

17. stouf

stouf

@ breakphreak, ahaha eyecon is too fast for me sometimes !!! 8D

18. jeansman

jeansman

congratulations

19. vicuna

vicuna

Champagne!!! let's celebrate this great new lomography.com! :))) And like others, I can't see how the homes & labs will evolve to more customizing possibilities.

20. mandi

mandi

more ures, less tex.... that´s what i want

21. superlighter

superlighter

1° the "remember me" function don't work!
    2° last albums uploaded don't appear on the homepage!
    3° images are in the reverse order from the upload order!
    4° the last album uploaded are easily accessible, not the same for the oldest ones.
    5° I'm really miss the old lomohome!

22. -a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

-a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

I will have a party tonight...

23. stijn_b

stijn_b

I really liked the "random home" feature. I found it really easy to find great pictures.

24. ethermoon

ethermoon

how do we migrate our account?

25. breakphreak

breakphreak

@mandi: get us HTML tags or at least IMG SRC only ;) you'll get the pics :))))

26. disdis

disdis

i don't find problems by now! GREAT!!!! LET's celebrate it! Glup glup... Great Job! Cheers!

27. analogeye

analogeye

...I have to admit, one feature I don't care for is the multiple tag option. By this I mean, when you go to type in your tag, there are usually 3 or 4 of the same thing, just different variations, for example, capital letter vs. no capital letters. That's something stupid and little, but still an annoyance. The new site is pretty awesome. Uploading photos is a lot easier. :) Plus, the "friends" feature is really cool.

28. analogeye

analogeye

OH! And the random home feature was pretty awesome, but it looks like that went away. ?

29. awhisker

awhisker

It seems with the competitions you can't browse the photos on your hardrive and you have to use ones already uploaded on your home?

30. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

I miss my wall....

31. strangelilgirl

strangelilgirl

I don't like how when you submit a photo, it then puts you back to the first page of your photos rather than leaving off on the page you were on.

32. magicbus

magicbus

i want my walls back and i miss also the wall view if you open an album. that was lomo.

33. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

I agree with strangelilgirl about submitting photos. another thing- I was trying to post a comment on the shoutbox, but when I clicked on submit, a pop up came up, and gave me an option to either Find, Save, or Cancel...I don't get it. I tried all of them, but couldn't submit the comment.

34. zoe191

zoe191

please bring back the lomowalls in our homes.
    that's lomography. this new one is a bit like flickr.
    it would be good to see a lomowall instead of my face when i go to my home.
    really, does anyone care what i look like? it's embarrassing. haha!
    a lomowall instead of my profile pic would be much better. :)

35. magicbus

magicbus

the first thing i see when i open lomography.com is the shop, but i want to see the home of the day or other fotos. i know lomography needs money to do all of this, but is this now the most important thing?

36. zoe191

zoe191

oh yeah, i agree with magicbus.
    how about rearranging the page
    the ones at the bottom could go on top i think

37. u-t-e

u-t-e

1. It would be nice to have the numbers of visitors/guests of the old home somewhere in the new home, too. In the new home it says that I've been a member for 220 days or something like that whereas I started uploading to the old lomography in 2005.
    2. The old guestbook: Will the comments be saved anywhere?
    3. Walls: I would like to be able to have a wall...
    4. Two or three weeks ago the order of the photos in each album has changed. Will you change it back or shall we do it? I managed to have a chronological order in my albums and I chose a key pic for every album but then it got messed up.
    5. The new frontpage: I still find the shop too dominant. No pictures, just products and statistics (unless you scroll down). I don't know. I thought that the shots were the most important thing. And if "new" people see the shots they will much rather think "Oh, that shot's cool, how did they do that?" and then scroll down and look at the shop. My opinion. And putting the shots on top would make this photo site look more like a photo site and not chiefly like a product site.
    6. The piggy bank thingy was so charming! But at this point (number 6) I'm just being nostalgic, I guess...

38. u-t-e

u-t-e

Something else: It would be quite cool if my non-lomo friends (and there are naturally quite a lot of them) would be able to leave comments on my photos WITHOUT having to register. In addition, my mother for example would not like to go through the process of registering but still would love to see my pictures...

39. halfawakehaiku

halfawakehaiku

Congrats!Great Job on the Site !
    I hope more customization options is integrated into the homes. I know some people aren't into the clean and sterilized look but I kinda like it. So how do we view our piggypoints now? Maybe there can be a piggy icon on our homes somewhere or maybe a piggy balance check in the shops? I guess you've figured something out already.

40. halfawakehaiku

halfawakehaiku

oh wait. Now I feel like an idiot because I didn't get to read the part about piggies. Oh well...

Woohoo!

41. saviorjosh

saviorjosh

I totally agree with what u-t-e said regarding the online shop. It's indeed too dominant and on the front page there are too many featured products which are nothing new to us "old" lomographers. On the other hand, new lomographers will not decide to buy the products simply by looking at the cameras themselves. Most people are first attracted to lomography by the amazing photos that these cameras produce, not the cameras themselves (although I admit some cameras look really cool). So putting the shop on top is not a very wise decision because it annoys old lomographers (they don't want to see the old information again and again) and at the same time does not help much to attract new lomographers (they will not buy by simply looking at the cameras). Photos, lomohomes and lomographers should be placed at the center of this site anytime. My two cents.

42. vtayeh

vtayeh

MINI-MOVIES PLEASE!!! I surely do NOT want to lose that feature... It's so unique to Lomography and i just recently got a Sumpersampler :( Please add this feature... Pretty Please with a Cherry on TOP! :D What an awesome change though. I'm sure you guys will be taking into account all of our suggestions, Great Job!

43. poitr

poitr

I AGREE with U-T-E and saviorjosh about everything! And i think the shop is kinda dominating. If you like the photos, you'll buy the product. But how do i know what the products does, if i don't see the photos?

44. d_i_hunter

d_i_hunter

All the little thumbnail pictures are really slow to load...

45. vicuna

vicuna

About the frontpage, I agree with u-t-e and others that the shop is too dominant at the top of the page, and for the interesting things (as shoutbox, pictures, home of the day, tags, etc..) you need to scroll down. The reversed order would be better I think...
    For the piggies & shop: there will be a new shop page I presume, and there wll be the feature about our piggies account, isn't it? Because on the "old" shop page, I can see my piggies only when I'm ordering something... And I thought it could be cool for the piggies account to tell what the piggies are for...

46. mephisto19

mephisto19

my pictures do not show up in photo section after someone left a comment

47. snoop

snoop

thanks for all the feedback, we are going through this and will be of course constantly tweaking and changing things on the page. please bear a bit with us, the big portion of the photo transferring starts on monday, so please migrate your account asap to the new page! concerning any other wishes, keep on posting, so we know what matters most to you. also any new feature ideas, keep your ideas coming!

48. faisal_aziz

faisal_aziz

thanks....this will answered all silly question that i post before...
    well done lsi....congrats :D

49. adzfar

adzfar

i missed my old home, lomo wall, album, missions etc.
    and i miss my badge.

50. decuz

decuz

yes in did, i got feedback, new city.

51. mephisto19

mephisto19

how can we find people from a certain region? i used this function quite often

52. damiao_santana

damiao_santana

Boca de zeronove, maluco. Huhuuuuu

53. mephisto19

mephisto19

oh ja, please change the submit-function a bit. if you were looking for shots and filtered, why does it take you back after submitting??? you have ti filter again and go through all your pages to come back to the point where oyu have been and can go on submitting. clear?

54. mephisto19

mephisto19

will there be more information about the people? e.g. country or city? or do you have to post it yourself? and how can you look for such things? // should messages not be PRIVAT in first case and public in second? i mean changing the box. if you want to say something public enable the link and not the other way round. // will there be MINIMOVIES? // what's about oscm? still available like it has been or will it be changed? // i'd love to see my piggies (AND a list why i got them( locations, award,...)), you might add it to edit-section? // is there a chance to tranfere the GUESTBOOKENTRIES to us? via email? to our new homes? // will there be a STATISTIC of old lomohomes? number of albums,...?

55. tveden

tveden

It could be nice to be able to search a camera model to see which users own one.

56. threemoons

threemoons

Does this mean that I can finally get my recently-uploaded pix into albums? Right now, all the stuff that I upload is NOT showing up in "unsorted" so I can't move them into albums. What gives? Can you fix this already!

57. dirklancer

dirklancer

I still can't submit a location - am I the only one with this problem?

58. 7samurai

7samurai

Waiting...

59. eggzakly

eggzakly

I hope you're planning something better for the piggies... right now you have to actually find something random to add to your basket in the shop and begin the check-out process just to check how many piggies you have. It's pretty cumbersome. And you can't see when they expire.

60. hanspan

hanspan

still learning my way around, sadly having no car means i\m not shooting as much right now! But i'll soon get the hand of it! Well done LSI!!! You should be proud xx

61. herbert-4

herbert-4

When I click on the "shoutbox", nothing happens, or it just opens Lomography.com in a new window. The browser is IE6 on Win2k and the computer is a senile Athlon 1ghz. Please fix. Most of the world can't afford a new computer. Please certify for the Hopelessly Obsolescent. Thanx.

62. kylewis

kylewis

Congrats LSI for getting this far!.............. I imagine my list of wants would be far too long for here so I shall try to be brief. .......1. LOMOWALLS essential lomo look. ......2. MINIMOVIES to important to lose. ...3. Shop too prominent, Marketing is taking over!...4. Awards; visitors; GB entries; specialists list, personal blog,We need them!!

Everything ute said I agree with, in fact most of what others said, the Random button is great for finding new members. ...........CODE and adaptation would be good.
    thanks!

63. herbert-4

herbert-4

Also, I've found that, when I leave a message, my avatar is exploded into a mass of giant pixels. This is disgusting!! Please fix!! (cue sniveling and whining) Thanx.

64. hannahasprey

hannahasprey

I don't really understand where my old has gone. It doesn't appear when I log-in using my old username and password on the new site but I can't log in to the old one anymore. So is it all just gone?!
  65. jrjw

jrjw

all my album thumnail pictures are still jumbled/wrong. why?!

66. hannahasprey

hannahasprey

When i attempted to 'migrate' my account by clicking on the migrate/register button it just brought up a registration form. Will the 'migrating' of my old home into my new home happen automatically?
  67. blue-dog

blue-dog

When using a photograph for blog and articles ( like this for example) credit the person and a link to the persons photograph and home.

68. blue-dog

blue-dog

On the home page, my "recent album up load" does not show, nor does my name of "most recent user" show up. 2. While looking at others albums; it seems to take so very long for the photographs to load.. sometimes locks up and it just now loaded very slow while looking at homes page.

69. linusvanpelt

I "migrate" and I lost all my pictures. Yes, congratulations, really.
  70. ukaaa

ukaaa

First of all: congrats! :)

But secondly: Do I get this straight? To simply check how many piggy points I have, I have to randomly select an item in the shop, then go to checkout, then select pay to finally see the message if I want to use my piggy points... to see how many I have...?

The shop is very slow too atm, I hope it's just because it's being flooded with the new launch.

71. linusvanpelt

The link to the "migrate" page, leads to a page who says "Oh No! How can it be that this page does not exist?". What about it?
  72. cinzinc

cinzinc

so much feedback!hehe. i'll have to add a little more to what i said previously (not sure if this has been mentioned though).
    maybe for submitting locations, film review, camera reviews, and such, it would be nice to also have the option to look through your albums instead of always uploading the photos (just in case the photos for the review have already been uploaded). and the google maps thing for lomo locations has been frustrating me to submit my location, the freaking marker wont appear (maybe it might just be me, but who knows?!). i agree with analogeye regarding the tags, its just too repetitive most of the time, maybe like a centralized tag would be cool. but if its a whole new tag, let it be?
    this just a few of a hundred feedbacks.hehe. this time we're really thinking and shooting.lol

73. copefan

copefan

I've got a massive thumbnail image on my recent activity bit.......... could one of the tech guy's have a look......... but I really like the new look!

74. lomosexual_manboy

lomosexual_manboy

Having a message feature would be cool. Something that you can send info to a friend and it won't be made public in the activity stream. Say for an address to do doubles or phone number for meet up or whatever.
    Also I miss the blog feature. I am hoping you will extend that to the new homes. I liked keeping tips in there.
    The ability to organize album order would be swell and key images perhaps.

75. mandashitley

mandashitley

1. I agree with pretty much everything said so far. I especially liked tveden's idea about the camera models. 2. I really still hate the new commenting. The "old" beta commenting style is the best you've had yet. I really don't know why you guys changed it. When you are viewing your own photos you can't see how many "likes" there are. Not that we need bigger heads or anything, but it is nice to know!! 3. I disagree however about the having to scroll too much on the front page. The old lomo.com front page was horrible. Honestly, other than the homes themselves, I couldn't stand anything about the old lomo.com. It was awful. That's why I hardly used it. There was too much on the front page, the pictures were too small, you had to resize to upload, things wound up sideways if you didn't edit them perfectly, you couldn't comment or like things, etc. everything looked heavy, it was too much to read/see. The new pages are so less visually demanding. You actually see photos as opposed to a bunch of text/ads/etc. Someone in the comments called it "Sterile" I think, I agree, but I love it this way. 4. The current piggies situation is pretty much a pain. They are right about having to go to the shop and put a random thing in your cart to buy and go through all the steps just to find out. 5. I know it's a lot of work but I hope the shop gets fixed soon too. It's a pain in the ass to be honest. And when someone tries to buy me things they get so confused. lol. It would be most profitable to fix the shop, no doubt in my mind. 7. I agree that the shop is the main focus and shouldn't be. Just send the top link more to the end. I think if we wanted to go to the shop we would just url: shop.lomo.com. I come here for the homes. 8. I wish it were easier to find lomographers here. I don't really know what I mean by that. Maybe we could search users easier? We should also be able to tag other lomographers. I already tag my friend chikapop in my photos but it would be better if the tags for them actually linked to their accounts. 9. Private messaging. 10. Hmmm. Maybe the microsites could be linked here instead of in the shop? Or possibly both places. 11. Maybe you guys could make a thing on everyone's home that tells what all tools we use camera wise. Sort of like the old "expert in" feature. 12. I would love to be able to save meta info with more than one camera without having to put it in tags. As of now you can only select one place for your photos and one camera. But when you are doing multiples you are often in two different places with two different cameras. Get what I mean? 13. And if you guys could magically make "doubles with ____" show up in both persons homes so that they both get credit, that would be fantastical. I know that might call for some unicorns and fairies, but hey, we can dream. Ok I've been up you guys' butts for weeks with suggestions, I'll put a lid on it again :D Thank you for all your hard work, don't forget to take a break now and then. <3 Manda

76. lipstick-lori

lipstick-lori

How do I find my friends on the new site? I tried searching but it didn't work :-(
  77. snoop

snoop

keep the feedback coming, good points, and rest assured we read all of this, and we will come up with some new things, and a lot of things are already planned! just pointing out again since it might be a bit unclear in the post. once you logged in here (via login/migrate), you are on the list for the migration. your images will be migrated starting monday. beginning from the first beta users, up to the ones who have been registered. and then everyone else follows.
    for the cover, we will start experimenting and changing up things slightly here too, we are now collecting feedback, and seeing what people want to see. we have to balance here between our constant users, one time visitors, every now and then visitors and so on. you will see that we made a distinction now clearer between 4 big areas on the page: magazine, photos, homes and shop. as you can see we pushed in 2 new big areas which werent there on the old lomography in this size, the photos and the magazine. these are things to make the community more interesting for everyone active and also more accessible for people who just want to look around a bit and are maybe a bit too scared to dive in fully right away.
    anyway, like we said in the post, please also post your absolute dream features, things that we havent done at all, and things that you would always love to see on a page. dont be afraid to think outside of the box, we are happy about every input from you.
    as we have showed with the whole beta process, we listened a lot to what you said and constantly tweaked things and came up with new features based on your input. believe me so many ideas are in our pipelines, thanks to your great input!

78. sebastianlund

sebastianlund

Looks really good, migration ? how does that work. I tried logging in with my username and password and got an empty Home....... yikes, can some of the old pieces be salvaged?

79. sebastianlund

sebastianlund

Disregard my rant, I read the fine print, sorry

80. ao1973

ao1973

This is what we all want. A bigger more amazing Lomography. Its important to move with the times. We might all love analogue photography, but still want see all our hard work in shiney new packaging!

Well Done Lomos, keep up the good work

Love it!

81. larslau

larslau

A bug: When you go to lomography.com it says: "During that time you've received 1 comment and 1 compliment" even if I have received no comments or compliments.

82. u-t-e

u-t-e

Concerning my point number 4 from yesterday:
    I checked all my albums again to see which shot is actually the "key" pic but I don't find a logic there. It seems to be random or is there a way to choose a key pic? If there is, never mind and please please could someone let me know how to do it. If there is no way of chosing a key pic and it is a random choice then: I would love to have the option of making choice.

83. katya-leontyeva

katya-leontyeva

congratulations!!!
    the fact that it's finally happened brings hope that you will take to heart our feedbacks and someday bring back lomowalls and minimovies, I really miss it here.

84. mandashitley

mandashitley

So I lied about not making more suggestions. :/ Could the Friends/Fan page be made more user friendly? I don't know what order they are in but it seems strange. Could it be made alphabetical? I have accumulated a lot of friends and fans and that page is sooooooo long. Could you make the info smaller, or make it horizontal rather than vertical? Or maybe there could be multiple columns. The "I am a fan/remove" button could be smaller to save space. Or it could be placed under the user's name and album info, or under the avatar itself. Etc.

85. mandashitley

mandashitley

Last thing for the day, since the size of the photos has increased, the photo info has been pushed under the photo as opposed to the side, and now it looks sort of weird, out of place. (ex: http://www.lomograph(…)otos/316988 )

Can it be made so that the info goes back to the right hand side?

86. herbert-4

herbert-4

Some links, especially "shoutbox" do not work. the link says www.lomography. com#, and it does not open the comment box. click more than once, and it might freeze my browser.
    thanx.

87. herbert-4

thanx.

88. herbert-4

thanx.

89. disdis

disdis

Ooops something happened and the server doesn't work... No pictures?

90. genialosa

genialosa

Hi!!!
    How I can recover my pictures
    My nick and password didn't work, and had register again, I did with the same information, and when I came in here HORROR!!!! I don't have anything!!!
    I lost all my pictures!!!
    Can someone help me to found my albums, shots, minimovies... etc etc!!!!
    Thanks!

91. genialosa

genialosa

If registered me again with my old data, will have access to my olds pictures????
    ;)

92. dirklancer

dirklancer

I'm trying to submit a lomolocation, but when I click "Find on Map" i get an error. I haven't been able to submit a location for a couple of weeks now - is it my computer, or is this a site problem?

93. deff1

deff1

Really like the new site, its fantastic! only one problem though, i cannot submit to any rumbles or competitions. When i click on submit to enter, i don't get anything just a blank space with nothing to select in it.

94. larslau

larslau

Another bug: On some of my photos it says: "So far X people like this photo." and on other it doesn't say anything about how many people liked it, but it is not only because X=0, because some of my pics does say: "So far 0 people like this photo."... Weird..!

95. honeytrees

honeytrees

Are the lomomissions still around?!

96. shurly

shurly

Hey, if you're not moving the blog posts over can i please somehow have mine back?
    I wrote in it regularly and didn not have it backed up :(

97. magicbus

magicbus

here some points from me:
    lomohome:
    here i miss my lomohome-wall. only the avatar is pretty less
    albums:
    - the viewing of an album is pretty boring. here i miss this albumwall like in the old lomohome?
    - is it possible in the albumview to see the whole picture if it is a panoramic or square format?
    lab:
    - to organize the albums in the lab is very hard. at the moment i have only 140 albums in my new home but there are still more than 1300 albums of my old one. it is hard to find a special album because you only have one pic which you can see and when you don't recognize this pic of the album you are looking for it is pretty hard. or you have to go over all of your albums to see the title of the album. there should be a better possibility like in the old lab.

98. bleeptricity

bleeptricity

brilliant! good news. now i just hope i can work out how to get my old photos to new site...
  99. mandashitley

mandashitley

I think you guys need to post another blog that says specifically what is able to be done here, and what used to be on the old site that currently isn't available but will be in the future. So that people stop repeating the same thing that you guys have already answered in a comment somewhere. And make a link to it available in a lot of places since it seems like people don't know how to navigate the site yet. Maybe you could even make a blog that has a video that shows you exactly how to navigate each link/tab. Also, I'm just curious, is the site in different languages for people who don't speak english???

100. frenky

I don't know what I did, but converting to the new site I lost all my home stuffs (pictures, albums, friends...). Can anybody help me?
  101. herbert-4

herbert-4

When leaving a message, my avatar is still giant pixels, and the shoutbox still doesn't work.
    Could you please fix this? (win2k, ie6, old computer, can't afford new,yet)

102. eppoh

eppoh

I don't see how it's improved to be honest... Sorry. But every lomohome now looks kinda the same and boring. Please let us pimp our own lomohomes!?! Let us ad some colour, decide what our signature-picture is, some other stuff maybe... This is not inviting to me to be active on lomo anymore. I'm now thinking about getting a facebook account.
  103. herbert-4

herbert-4

Suggestion: Make sure the summary is with the article/review when you click through to it. Its not there with cameras or locations. It needs to be there. Thanx

104. nooknook

nooknook

Have to say I'm pretty miffed I received no warning about this - would've liked to saved a version of my old page before it disappeared completely. I'm pleased to hear you'll be migrating my images - but I was pretty proud of my old lomohome.. which has now disappeared into the ether forever. Thanks.
  105. kernow_and_cambria

kernow_and_cambria

What happens when we have the same photo albums in both the Beta and the old site. I only have a few albums that i want to migrate over. Will i be able to control the migration or will i end up with double albums?

106. u-t-e

u-t-e

I have to say that I agree with Manda: PLEASE to all the lomographers here: READ what's on TOP OF THE PAGE before complaining about lost pictures and similar stuff. They're not lost and you can even go to http://old.lomography.com and see your home there (but put it in manually, the link gets you to the new site). The LSI team is busy and they wanna hear our thoughts and suggestions and the new site's bugs, that's what this blog is all about. And @snoop: I very much like Manda's suggestion about posting another blog and also mention the blog on the front page. Many people don't seem to find this blog as not everybody's checking the site every day but maybe once a week or so. They don't know where they are, everything's different. So of course they're a bit pissed. I really hope the community will calm down a bit, the mood here is getting worse somehow. Not a very pleasant site to be on at the moment...

107. magicbus

magicbus

i have different lomohomes and i would like to migrate them, but i can`t do this because i can`t use my email adress for different homes.

108. zoe191

zoe191

I'm sad that I still cannot submit a lomolocation, while other people can.

109. nooknook

nooknook

@u-t-e I can imagine the atmos is a bit spikey at the moment. Perhaps LSI should have been more blatant about their efforts to keep people content and calm in this transistional period. I have read this page and still can't find my old home. However, I suppose we should all welcome change - even if the change is a mild replication of a popular social networking site... Not sure I'll be as involved with the new site now its onus is on socialising instead of exploring art. I can't see my old home at old.lomography and can't access it by its old URL. I also can't sign into the old site or navigate away from anything other than the frontpage before internet explorer tells me I'm making these pages up. Grieving for my old home...
  110. sibu_sen

sibu_sen

I find it very annoying to tag your photos when all those other suggestions keep popping up and are in the way…

Also, the thumbnails are VERY slow to load! Having an album with about 100 pictures are a real test of my patience… Although, I like they way all the thumbs look once they finally loaded!

111. sanmariano

sanmariano

I love the new site but please don´t forget MINI-MOVIES!!!

112. herbert-4

herbert-4

The link,"join the conversation" on the shoutbox is broken for me. It doesn't do anything. Browser=ie6. OS=win2k. Please fix. Thanx.

113. blue-dog

blue-dog

I notice when I type in some peoples names here @ "what are you looking for" in the home page; it does not take me to that home. Try typing my name in here: blue-dog friends and family can not find some of us here..Also I can not Update on the homes page button does not work...

114. kaps

kaps

I went to login with my old acount. The page I got to didn't really tell me if I was in a different registration page for migration. So could someone check if my old account will be transferred? I was Kaps, now I am kaps.
  115. herbert-4

herbert-4

The texts of messages have disappeared. My avatar with messages is huge and pixelated, still. And I still am unable to post anything on shoutbox; the link "join the conversation" is DEAD to my click. I've scanned a few of your pages with the old win2k debugger, and they are INFESTED!! I don't know enough to make any suggestions, except please fix. OS = win2k Browser = ie6 Computer = 1ghz Athlon 768mb ram Vintage = 2000 Please try to certify for the hopelessly obsolescent, because most of the computers are exactly that. Very, very few have up to date Apples. Thanx.

116. vojta

vojta

I am so sorry to say this, but once you made The Style, now you copy it.
    The new website looks like thousands others on the web space.
    Johnny Rotten once said: Why to improve a perfect thing?!
    Try to find back your originality, wit, style ... this site isn't mainly about selling the product, ain't it?
    vojta

117. herbert-4

herbert-4

Still can't make an entry in shoutbox. Avatar and thumbnails of my own pix in activity are still huge and pixelated. Still can't read messages in my activity. The site still looks like a bad parody of Facebook and Flickr. My old win2k debugger still says you are INFESTED!! with bugs, big colourful ones! I must ask, sons and daughters, do you really know what you are doing?? At the very least this is a Capitalist endeavour, and you are losing customers. Bring back an approximation of the old look and functionality. Your present interface is very counterintuitive. Find a website builders and programmers who really know what they are doing. Wein is one of the world's greatest cities, and there is definately someone there. Thanx, now I feel better.
    Herbert

118. myriam-l

myriam-l

I agree with many people about the home page; i think the most important is to see pics immediately. so I would suggest that the page should be the opposite of what it is now, with pics and shoutbox on the top, then search section (bzw I think it's incredibly big and I really don't understand why, for me it's not ergonomic at all) and statistics (who is so interested in seeing them on the top ?) then the shop at the bottom cause, as many people said, we all know that Lsi needs to earn money to make all this possible, but Lomography is first of all a community, no ? and actually, for the moment, it doesn't look so, the home page looks more like an online shop with photos galleries.
    then of course, I miss the lomowalls which are really essential in lomography.
    And also the possibility of customizing the homes, it's true that the way they are now, they all look the same, very flickr style...
    but anyway, thanks Lsi for this big work !

119. copefan

copefan

Hi..... my activity stream is not working and I can't see any comments....... is this a bug that needs swatting......... Russ

120. copefan

copefan

another thing when I click on some of the buttons ie: the shoutbox to publish my comment I get a box on my screen asking if i want to save, find or cancel it a file download box? I think this is why posts are appearing a few times as it is publishing the item but not refreshing the page...... so you cancel the box and click again...... hope this helps

121. yolihuani

yolihuani

Finally I found my old Home.... now, how can I export my old albums and photos to my new lomo home???
  122. magicbus

magicbus

i still can't migrate all of my old homes because i don't have so many different mail adresses. do you will work on it?

123. magicbus

magicbus

you have to improve urgent the way to organize the lab. at the moment i only have 140 albums and it is already now a mess to find a certain album without any possibility to search. and i'm still waiting for more than 1300 albums. so it will be impossible to find anything.
    i also did an upload where i got error messages, only jpeg files, but i have only jpeg files. so what can i do?

124. jaypolkest

jaypolkest

Once all the photographs and text are migrated will we be reconnected to non-lomoland via our original url , because at the moment the link goes nowhere...Oh darn, thats a question, not a comment.....sorreee

125. copefan

copefan

My activity stream won't show any activity. Can this be fixed to show my recent activity and comments.

126. lovable

WoW fAntASTIc
  127. locokid

great - but some of us are STILL waiting . . . . z z z z z z
  128. eifelomo

eifelomo

I want to create walls in my new lomohome pleeeeeeaaase!
  129. herbert-4

herbert-4

For 3 days my Lomohome is not present, only the error message. I find in the lab that my albums have migrated, BUT 8 OF THEM ARE EMPTY!!! THIS IS ABOUT 200 PHOTOS GONE MISSING!!! Shoutbox and activity still does not work for me. WILL YOU PLEASE FIX THINGS??!! Thanx.
    Herb

130. herbert-4

herbert-4

IT ALSO APPEARS THAT ACCESS TO MY ALBUMS IS BLOCKED!!! Please fix.
    Thanx.
    Herb

131. blue_mai

hey there. if you aren't intending on moving the guestbook and blog from the old home, i would really appreciate it being made available to download or something like that.thanks
  132. magicbus

magicbus

meanwhile i got all of my 1300 albums of my old home. now it is impossible to use the lab. slow and no way to find or organize albums. there should be a improvement, urgently!!!!
    by the way, bring back the lomowalls!

133. reded13

Found a bug - when you check out from the online store for the first time, the final landing page is a whole page about how great the member area is and how the member area has all these great features, and gives a few links to the members area. The problem is, there's no members area (or maybe now it's called homes?). Anyways, you should fix that page.
  134. hatteras

hatteras

It would be great to have a "Facebook" like feature where if someone comments on your page, they become a fan or a friend, or someone else also comments on a photo or magazine article you commented on, it automatically updates you.
  135. decuz

decuz

walls walls walls, bring the lomowall back home please!

136. ultravee

ultravee

One question? I just found out about the fantastic new Lomography few days ago. I migrated my account (at least I hope I did that haha, it was a bit confusing) and my question is, what can I do to get my old photos back (other that uploading them again)? Is the migration still in process and all I have to do is be patient? Or was I too late to migrate my account and have to upload the photos by myself now? Thanks for the help in advance!
  137. makeyuu

makeyuu

i miss the personal blogs on the old site. pls bring em back.

138. noobits

noobits

My photos and albums are not with me in the new lomohome yet. Stray migration? All of my favorite photos gone forever? Help?

139. timo

timo

AAAAHHHH it makes me crazy... it keeps saying i have no albums... but when i click on 'lab' it shows that i do... Do not like :(