The all-new LomoHomes are here! Debuting a host of new and exciting features and a fresh look – Homes is by far the best place to share your analogue photos, make contact with other Lomographers and stay in touch!

For us, LomoHomes are the heart of Lomography! They are your personal corner of the Lomographic universe to exhibit your Lomographs and let your individual style show! Using a beta Home couldn’t be easier and if you’re new to Lomography Homes, luckily, you couldn’t pick a better time to become part of the world’s biggest and most vibrant analogue photography community! If you’re already a beta Homes pro you’re going to love what we’ve been up to!

• Activity Streams
• Friends/fans
• New way to view photos and albums on Homes

What’s happening over at your Home?

When you login to your beta Home you will notice we’ve been hard at work! In addition to an almost unlimited upload capacity and a dead easy way of sharing your photos, we have added some ace new features…

Activity Streams

Here you’ll find a stream of the most current events: new comments on your photos, new messages, recent status updates, new albums and photos that people have complimented.

Fans/Friends

If you like another Lomographer’s Home you now have the chance to tell them so by becoming a fan. By clicking the ‘I’m a fan’ button on someone’s Home you show your appreciation for their analogue style. If the feeling is mutual and they feel the same about your Home – by clicking the ‘I’m a fan’ button you two automatically become friends. You will see all your friends and fans, as well as the Homes you are a fan, when you login to Homes and go to My Friends.

New way to view photos and albums on Homes

Check out the brand new photos view for a new perspective!

We’ll be adding more options to help you stay in touch in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

The ‘I’m a Fan of Fans’ Competition

With so much talent knocking around Lomography we’re sure, that like us, you will want to show your appreciation and give some major props to Homes you like. That’s why we have created the possibility to become a fan of your fellow Lomographers.

*As an incentive to start using this feature we are staging a little competition that gives you 2 chances to win…

Hero/ine of Homes Award*

1) Who is the Lomographer you are most into right now? Over the next week we’ll keep track of the FIRST Lomographer you all choose as your Lomographic hero. The Lomographer who gets the most first-time votes will become Hero/ine of Homes. So choose carefully!

10 Piggies for one lucky fan

2) After we have done the math and discovered who has been voted Hero/ine of Homes, we’ll give 10 fabulous Piggy Points at random to one of their lucky fans. So just by clicking the “I’m a fan” button on your favourite Home you could win 10 Piggy Points worth10 €/$ US in our online shop

What about my old Home?

No need to worry! Your dear old LomoHome is staying put for now on www.lomography.com but once we have finished working on the new site, we’ll transfer your existing albums to your new Home. If you haven’t already made the move over the beta – you’re missing out! It’s is a great time to migrate your account and start uploading to your new Home – now equipped with a whole load of brand new mod cons! (link to migrate)

Feedback, please!

As always, we aim to please and would really appreciate your feedback on Homes and its new features. Please drop us a line at beta@lomography.com

If you want to have all the latest news about Lomography in your inbox, subscribe to our newsletter!

written by lucasjakobsson

1. recurving

recurving

Hey there. So the new Homes are online - everything should be working just fine, but there could be some little bugs here and there. If you find one just leave a comment here and let us know... Thanks!

2. deff1

deff1

These new homes are fantastic!

3. anarchy

anarchy

Whhhhooooaaaa.... This is awesome!!! =)

4. adamscott

adamscott

Hey recurving you look like you need some sleep!

5. anarchy

anarchy

In "My photos" the "next page" (and the 2,3,4,5 etc) links doesn't work. Page one is reloaded whichever link I click on...

6. vicuna

vicuna

GREAT!!!! :)))))

7. vtayeh

vtayeh

Super NEAT!!! I just love the section "Published Articles in Magazine" ... so unexpected but a great idea! Love it!

8. u-t-e

u-t-e

Oh I love it!!!
    I love the fact that when you click on albums, the "key" shots are HUGE!

9. stouf

stouf

So exciting !!!

10. stouf

stouf

It would be great if the comment section was "embed-able"... So that we can put photos or videos inside the comments...

11. dirklancer

dirklancer

I can't seem to find the "I am a fan" button on some folks homes...

12. u-t-e

u-t-e

I bet that after some time we'll all be friends with each other.
    What else do I like? Well, it's not a new feature introduced today but I haven't said it yet: I like it that you can push the "pictures" button and you see all the pictures without having to go through all the albums. That way it's easier to go through someone's complete work.

13. xbalboax

xbalboax

wicked im trying it now :)

14. vicuna

vicuna

I like the way the new albums are shown (huge keypic, that gives a real sense to it!! :)) and to browse through the albums like in the photo section with the same "I like it" possibility :) And of course, the "I'm a fan" is great too, and I think we'll soon be all fans of all the others :)))
    And for the messages, cool to write directly to someone. And the stream board is cool too! :)
    Oh, and I forgot, how cool to see the links of the publications the lomographer made, that's another great feature to brows easily through the magazine, as sometimes you "miss" someones entry!:))

Thanks a lot LSI for this huge work!

15. elcena

elcena

oh this is lovely! if only it wasn't an actual busy day at work (stupid work always getting in the way) i will be very busy next week uploading and updating...

16. xbalboax

xbalboax

i just adjusted my about section but ist not showing up

17. breakphreak

breakphreak

Like it except of the old fact about reogranizing albums - please explain how can I drag the pics from one album to another? :)

lots of new features, you are really doing a great work there!

18. xbalboax

xbalboax

also how can we tell if someone left a comment on our home?

19. anarchy

anarchy

I was just about to ask the same as xbalboax, the "recent comments" have disappeared...

20. anarchy

anarchy

Recent comments on photos that is...

21. missound

missound

I've changed my mind ! It's great ! I love it !

22. coca

coca

amazing!!!! love the new homes

23. recurving

recurving

@xbalboax and @anarchy: good call - these recent comments will come back. we want to integrate them in the recent activity stream. and this one will support a history, too...

24. dogma

dogma

Wow that is just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But i'm really missing one thing from our old homes - those small lovely camera icons! Is this thing comming in the future?

25. anarchy

anarchy

@ recurving:

Yay!! That's great news, I've really missed a history of comments...

26. torium

torium

cool! :--)

27. xbalboax

xbalboax

wicked! thanks recurving, there should be something somewhere telling everyone where we are from, like the old homes, but im sure thats on its way :)

28. recurving

recurving

@anarchy: and we will also show who complimented your photos
    @xbalboax: yes, there will be more information about all of you in about - we just want to provide options for users to stay totally private and control the amount of information they want to give out... :)

29. anarchy

anarchy

@ recurving:

Hey you keep reading my mind, it's getting a bit uncomfortable, haha, but as long as you keep serving me good news it's all good ;-)

But seriously, you're all doing a great job with the new site!! Thanks!!

30. mephisto19

mephisto19

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. copefan

copefan

Fantastic..... but what do we do with our old homes and photos.... will they be merged over or do we have to delete them from the old home and re-add them?????

32. rodrigomg1511

rodrigomg1511

Great!!! I have a new home!!!!!!

33. callumbum

callumbum

ah sweet my picture was one of the examples

34. -a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

-a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

yes, what about my old home?

35. agrimony

agrimony

the new homes are fantastic!!! thanks a lot!

36. mandashitley

mandashitley

I was just curious if the Home of the Day page (Homes page) is going to stay like this, the new way, or if you guys are going to integrate the old page into it? (EX: active users, recent uploads, etc) ??????

And I am really happy about the fans/friends thing. Been waiting for that one!

Will we ever be able to have maybe a page of our liked photos? The ones we have complimented? Just curious.

Thanks for all of your hard work.

37. adi_totp

adi_totp

cool!!! I just love something new.. thanks a lot LSI!!

38. graefin

graefin

I'm so f*** tired but I HAD to go online to have a look at my home!
    FETT!
    grandios!
    Love it!!

39. magicbus

magicbus

well done, but don't get lazy, there is still a lot of work to do.
    miss on my home site the wall, also i don't like how you show your pics. i miss here the album wall. for me this was always lomo and now it is still missing. please bring it back!
    in the lab i miss the way to organize and find albums with a pull down menue. maybe there should be a possibility to sort the albums by date, size, name....
    is it also possibel to copy fotos?
    lomo on and don't stop working.

40. sonjabean

sonjabean

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but it seems like you can only select one location per album. What about when you're doing doubles with someone and they are in a different location than you? I was only able to put in one location, and that's just half of it!

41. nakolb

nakolb

i miss the old site look though.. the wall, the camera icons, just the whole old school feel of it all.. as of right now i much prefer my old home, where i can have music, customize it, and have my city, blog, different walls... thats something the beta dosnt have.. thanks but no thanks..

42. myloveletter

myloveletter

i am a fan of whoever has the picture of the girl with the goldfish (or some kinda fish) bowl. WHO IS IT? that is one of the greatest pictures, ever. EVER!!

43. myloveletter

myloveletter

ok, i found it. thycursed, i am a fan!!!

44. grenoouille

grenoouille

The REMOVE button next to your friends/fans is far TOO BIG and colorful. Each time I want to visit a friend I'm tempted to click on it rather than on my friend's name... Could you make it a little grey cross, before I delete all the people I like???
    Thanks!

45. thaiseb

thaiseb

Can you give the link to migrate the acount ? It doesn't appear in the text. Thanks.

46. vicuna

vicuna

Well, the way the new homes are built is really addictive, and the communication between lomographers is really easy, quick and intense (and I thought it's the purpose ;)) really love it!

But grenoouille is right about the "remove" button of the fans list..... can't imagine I remove the fans I've chosen, so don't think we need such a big one... but more option buttons for this or this fan for example (sending photomails??? a direct message? links to his/hers latest uploads??....) but I'm sure you're thinking about all this! :)))

47. fab

fab

As a Firefox user, I wish LSI will enable lomohomes for COOLIRIS!!

I love that add-on, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let me know Your opinion

48. lonur

lonur

great work, guys; it really feels really community-like. good on yous. i've been hooked on this all since november, 2006 now.. keep up the good work..

49. thaiseb

thaiseb

Is it possible to migrate the old albums ? Or I have to upload one by one ?

50. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

i got some things that could maybe improve the homes:

1. have a section where you can check if anyone has commented on any of your photos
    (the comment wall on the homes is fantastic, but now its not possible to directly see if there are new comments on individual photos)

2. make it possible to choose the order of the pictures in your albums. I have now uploaded 36 shots (1 complete roll) and i would like them to be in order from shot 1 to 36 but in the album its back to front and i cant change it!!