Lomoinstant_en

Snap! Feature in a Magazine in Japan!

Our friends from "Snap!":http://www.snap-magazine.com/, (a seasonal film and camera magazine, targeted at stylish young adults who enjoy photography and cameras, published in Japan) are planning a feature on double-exposure photography for Lomographers to enjoy and learn more about. People often think of double-exposure photos as something taken out of coincidence, but "Snap!":http://www.snap-magazine.com/ wants to encourage a new way of enjoying double-exposure photos taken with careful planning and calculation.

Our friends from Snap!, (a seasonal film and camera magazine, targeted at stylish young adults who enjoy photography and cameras, published in Japan) are planning a feature on double-exposure photography for Lomographers to enjoy and learn more about. People often think of double-exposure photos as something taken out of coincidence, but Snap! wants to encourage a new way of enjoying double-exposure photos taken with careful planning and calculation.

For example, it is possible to take photos of many different types of picture frames on a roll of film, rewind the film, and then take photos of subjects that go with each frame, to create a “picture”. This is one out of the many techniques Snap! would like to suggest in the upcoming issue, due to be released the 31st of October.

The best photos submitted will be featured in a 20 page special with an accompanying interview of the Lomographers who submitted the best picture(s).

To submit:

• Please upload your best double exposed photos to this blog post (at least 1400 pixels on one side or 350dpi maximum 10 pictures)
  • Answer the questions in the comments below

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.

5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in.

Please feel free to write other comments below. But when you answer the questions above then please simply state the number of the question followed by the answer. If you wish to comment, please do so in a new post.

See comments for example by lucasjakobsson

You have until the 5th of October to submit.

written by lucasjakobsson

1. knoepflmacher

just to be sure, the doubles should be rewound as described above, right? or can they be any "planned" doubles, i.e. not accidental but not necessarily a rewound roll?

2. paper_doll

paper_doll

so the answers have to be posted here? that's new... and it doesn't make much sense.

3. notcub

i like snap...

4. slushy

slushy

1. Scantily clad ladies versus their natural environment, whether it be Tokyo or the Nagano countryside. Old people. Telephone wires.
    2. Lomo LC-A-- it gives me semi-control; I have a general idea what each layer contains but not exactly frame-by-frame. So I can match themes rather than specific images leaving a great deal of surprise when the film gets developed.
    3. Don't cut the film-- some of my favorite doubles are when all the images are mixed and elongated. Use black underwear on your models! Make doubles on your Holga by rolling the film forward in small increments rather than frame by frame. I keep a notebook with my camera to say generally what the first layer was-- i then wander through an area and try to find scenes/people that will generally compliment or contrast with the first layer.
    4. These were mostly taken in Nagano and Tokyo, of friends and strangers. I love the double with the old woman in Kiso-ji doubled with a Tanuki statue. The flowers and the power line highlights the beauty of the mundane. The bullfight Holga shot splits the arena but keeps the spectators intact.
    5. Andy Noonan. 36 years old. Komagane City, Nagano Prefecture, Japan. I'm originally from Portland, Oregon.

5. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

The following post states how you should answer to the questionnarie.

Slushy above has done a great job!

6. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

1. City vs nature
    2. Fisheye 2 due to its ease of use
    3. Dont use to similar settings
    4. As I did not submit any pics here cant say, but you get the picture
    5. Lucas, 21, Vienna, Austria

7. notcub

1. Architecture, Nature, Human

2. Lc-a, fish eye 2 maybe HOLGA

3. look in to the darkness in 1 exposure.

4. yes

5.not- 32 - Bangkok - thailand

8. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ paperdoll

it is new thing that we are trying, if it is unsucessful we wont do it again

9. notcub

what?

10. tommynorth

tommynorth

1. people/ relationships, love vs love
    2. Holga - its fun and my favourite
    3. When i am double exposing and i try to have one picture with something in the center and the next one with some stuff on the edges. Very technical!
    4.This was taken of my friends playing football and hanging out by the river. I took the football one first but did not wind forward then just took the next picture on it of two of my other friends. Didn't know it would turn out so well. For me it tells the story of english relationships being tarnished by a love of sport, a football shaped wedge driving them apart. : )
    5. tommynorth - 26- london

11. mgnuman

1. constuction/painting
    2. Lc-a+
    3. see detail of contruction and shoot again.
    4. choose 2 thing to become 1
    5. mgnum / 33 / Thailand

12. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

1. People vs texture vs buildings vs neon

2. The LC-A+ is the perfect double exposure tool. This is because using the aza dial it is possible to under expose the first frame a few stops, creating more dark areas ready to be double exposed by the second, more prominent image. The mx (multiple exposure) button on the bottom is like a second shutter release, making double exposures spontaneous and natural for the lomographer.

3. Make sure your first shot contains dark, or even black (unexposed) parts. Then the picture won’t turn out to be a mess but will have some structure. A good tool to use for this is the Splitzer, or a plain piece of black tape across your lens. It’s always good to underexpose the first shot by one or two stops.
    A good trick to add texture to your shots is by shooting plain asphalt or trees as your first shot, and then shooting a person or a building on top of that.
    What also works now and then is a vertical shot above a horizontal one, which usually results in a very abstract image with strange perspectives.

4. A good double exposure to me is one that fits together in terms of composition, color, texture, balance… My aim is to make the pictures seem as if they are single frames, but have a strange element that doesn’t really make sense. The result should be a visually pleasing and often puzzling experience.

5. Max Pinckers, 20, Brussels, Belgium.

13. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

ah, the slideshow here doesn't support vertical/portrait shots ..

14. neja

neja

great great great! i am in!!!!

15. paper_doll

paper_doll

what does the question no 4 mean? do you want us to describe one by one? or just in general, like maxpinckers did?

16. alarm

alarm

1. Anything that is interesting.

2. Lomo Lca, the reason is this camera is my all time favorite.

3. I normally shot at ASA200 at first layer, and ASA400 at second layer.

4. My first layer is mostly taken in Edinburgh, well second layer is in Paris. I love the surprise when seeing two city cross over under one frame.

5. Lam Yeow Kit, 22, currently in Newcastle, United Kindom

17. saviorjosh

saviorjosh

1. Road signs, classic logos, flowers, letters, palm tree leaves…

2. I mainly use Lomo LC-A or LCA+, sometimes Holga, Seagull TLR, Fisheye 2, even Polaroid Spectra 1200 SI.

3. Always set the ASA of the camera higher than the ISO of the film to avoid overexposure. Try to shoot something simple without many details for at least one exposure. Use slide films for double exposure and cross-process.

4. Some of them are accidental double exposures and others are planned. I love both ways.

5. Jianjun (Josh) Chen, 28, originally from Beijing, China and currently living in Geneva, Switzerland.

18. neja

neja

1. I like to double exposure almost everything. From dogs and flowers to cathedrals and road signs. I especially like objects of bright colors like orange, red, lilac.
    2. I use all my cameras for double exposures: Holga because it's easy to doubles and it's medium format (square pictures always look nice), Horizon as it's great for anything, Colorsplash because I like to add color on the 2d layer, and all the rest of cameras I use, too (Super Sampler, LCA, Canon Ae-1).
    3.My advice would be to try using Colorsplash camera for double exposures. Especially if you are not sure what was on the 1st layer, or you are doing Film Swap with someone.Colorful flashes always help to create more attractive image. Other great thing is that flash exposes only certain part of the film, so you can be sure that the rest of the 1st layer will stay visible.
    4. My double exposures are real melting pot. I love to mix countries, cultures, places and faces. These images will the gap of beauty in current days of Global frustration and brutality.
    5. my name is Julija Svetlova aka NEJA, I am 28 years old. I am Russian with Lithuanian passport living in UK, London.

19. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

Neja i loooove your shots!

20. neja

neja

maxipinckers, your shots are lovely, too!

21. anarchy

anarchy

1. Oh, there are so many things, but I've always loved architecture and angles.

2. Lots of different cameras, but when I bought the Holga 135BC my first roll was all double and triple exposures, I just couldn't help it, it was too easy...

3. I try to find contrasts in the different layers and yet get them to mix perfectly. Using slide film and developing it in regular C-41 chemicals (x-processing) gives the layers a 3-dimensional feel.

4. Most of my submissions here are shot with the Holga 135BC. It's so easy to use and I like the surprice element I just click-click-click away!

5. Andreas Dahlström, 28, Gothenburg, SWEDEN.

22. tupiniquim

tupiniquim

1. Cygnus olor, aka swans!

2. I often usemy smena symbol for double exposures, but my favourite camera for doubles is holga!

3. Look for different angles of the same subject... And don't be afraid of making multiple exposures!

4. I enjoy exposing different aspects and views of the same object... I think one can always find something interesting on the other side of the coin.

5. My name is Bruno and I'm a 21-year-old lomo-lover from Brazil!

23. daredeye

daredeye

1-People and nature or signs.
    2-Lca+ and holga... and sometimes my luvely smena because they are easy to use.
    3-Use your imagination for a preview.
    4-Chaos.
    5-Daredeye, 29, Guadalajara, Mexico.

24. xbalboax

xbalboax

1. I really don’t have subject matter for my doubles. I leave it all to chance. That’s the beauty of doubles. You never know what the results will look like.

2. I always use my LC-A for doubles because its small, compact and I’m able to adjust my settings quickly. It’s a double exposure photographers dream camera. Double exposures and LC-As go hand in hand.

3. Always set your cameras iso higher than what the film speed its. For example if you are shooting doubles using 100 iso film, set the camera to 200 iso, if you are shooting triples and using 100 iso film, set the camera to 400 iso. I think you get the idea. Also shoot neon signs the results are awesome. If you are feeling adventurous, do swaps with fellow lomographers. Shoot one a roll of film, rewind it and send it to a fellow lomographer to shoot over. The results are amazing.

4. The majority of my double exposures are swaps with fellow lomographrs. Thus making the images a complete escape from reality. In a way its kinda like having sex, with the photos being the orgasm. Sometimes the photos are mind blowing and sometimes they are a regret.

5. Demetri, 27, New York

25. tveden

tveden

1. People vs. anything
    2. Holga is my alltime favorite/ LCA gets the right exposure
    3. Use different color flash
    4. Well it's some mixed ones, but my favorites is the ones taken at night, exposing stuff with different flash colors
    5. Casper, 31, Copenhagen, Denmark

26. anarchy

anarchy

@ xbalboax:

"In a way its kinda like having sex, with the photos being the orgasm."

Hahaha =) Nice metaphor...!!

27. wherearemysunglasses

wherearemysunglasses

1. People & anything that isn't expected to intertwine with the first exposure.

2. I enjoy taking double exposures with my Splitcam, Holga, and Fisheye No. 2 because I like surprises!

3. Bring your camera everywhere, you never know where you'll end up.

4. I chose a wide variety to show different techniques and why I love Lomography.

5. Chelsea or Maeby, 19, New Canaan, CT, USA.

28. knoepflmacher

one of my shots uploaded itself twice (i swear!) so don't get mad at me for uploading 11, you can delete the duplicate

29. knoepflmacher

1. People with anything. Interesting textures are particularly appealing, which is why I (and many others) like overlapping trees/flowers with portraits. I also find fire interesting
    2. I prefer Holga for double exposures, though I used actionsampler in some of my uploaded shots. The Holga's advance and shutter are naturally uncoupled, so it's perfect for double exposures. It's very satisfying to capture a shot and then just carry it around in your camera,have it live there, until you find something to complement/contrast it with.
    3. Experiment with everything. One can still experiment and plan out doubles with a theme, for example. But experiment with using more than one type of camera and don't be afraid of being surprised and learning new techniques. Use dark spaces to your advantage in doubles and fill it with something interesting. Use colored flashes. When rewinding film and then shooting over it, I make a little mark in permanent marker at the beginning so I know where to start to match up the photos. Night shots vs. day shots. Shoot what's in front of you and then what's in back.
    4. I also chose a variety. The actionsampler pics were an experiment. I first shot my screen saver which constantly 'evolves' its patterns and is very beautiful. Then I rewound and shot the train ride into the city. I also shot some things in my room like my candle, but I wanted to overlap digital and "analog life", have something in between. Because we all have to upload our analog pics digitally in order to share them here. The other shots are all Holga. The shoe/pillars are what was in front of me and what was behind me. The pyramid is in Mexico and I doubled people going up it and people watching their friends climb it.
    5. Alex Knoepflmacher, 18, Princeton, NJ, USA

30. midcon

1. My family, friends, people that I walk by on the street. Basically everything around me. 2. I have two loves for taking doubles: my fisheye 2 and my smena 35mm. The fisheye totally changes the feel of the picture, and doubles can totally do some of the craziest things I have ever seen with a camera. The smena 35mm is really good with layering, and I like the manual focus and aperture settings, putting ME in control of the shot. 3. There are two different approaches I take. You can build layer upon layer of shots that compliment eachother, showing movement. Or, grab the colorsplash flash, throw it in the hotshoe, and fire away, making the shots each a different color. 4. The pictures I've submitted are some of my favorite doubles from this past summer. The one with my brother in the chair is really cool, you can see right through him. I took it by first getting the picture without him in the frame, and then in the double had him come in. The fisheye pic of the dinner plate was pretty funny, I accidentally hit the double switch and took a shot of my girlfriend (in all the glory of yellow light oozing from my colorsplash flash) on top of it, but it turned out pretty cool looking! 5. Matt, 16, Nashville, the US of A
  31. eugenia

eugenia

1. toys, flowers and landscapes with people.
    2. split-cam and holga
    3. observe the light. spin the camera.
    4.my favorite shot doubles, with flowers, heavens, toys, landscapes to full color.
    5. maria eugenia quiroga, 34, Buenos Aires. Argentina.

32. alexcuterockerartist

alexcuterockerartist

1. landscapes, human, animals me...
    2. fisheye no.2, thats the camera i only have, that has a MX button
    3. just dont scale...bring your camera wherever you go...
    4. i love to double expose the lights, then pont it to people, landscapes and sky's everything...
    5. alex hernandez, 19, quezon city, philippines

33. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

wide shot of a person vs. close up of a person. I like portraits, so most of my double exposures includes people.

34. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

woops, I was trying to submitt the answers, and accidently left comment before answering all the questions....

35. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

1. Wide shot of a person vs. close up of a person. I like portraits, so most of my doubles include people.
    2. Holga. with holga, I don't even have to try, it just happens. I specially like doing doubles using 35mm film on holga~
    3. Try forwarding the film half way, then take another.
    4. I do many experiments, but what I love to do the most is to take doubles that tell a story.
    5. Satomi Sugiyama, Age 30, Norwalk, California. Originally from Osaka, Japan.

36. lucasjakobsson

lucasjakobsson

@ knoepflmacher

you can submit any double exposed photos, be they planned or accidental :)

37. anglemort

anglemort

People : because they do exactly what you ask !

Fisheye 2. Because fisheye is a great cam, easy to use. You've got many chances to have a picture on your film with this cam.

To be patient is probably a good advice. If you want a perfect double, you must think about it from the first picture.

Many experiments, with lights. There is also a three pictures in one that I really like.

Donati Eric, age 25, Lyon, France.

38. potiron

I like to tale pictures of animals, thay are easy to split, and always funny. Holga is the perfect cam. You do exactly what you want with the film, take picture where you want. Holga means liberty. Never think. Or just a few. let's luck do the work. You will never be sad, because you will never wait for a great picture. There is many pictures with animals, and people I like. A man with 3 eyes, some terrifics pictures : all I love. Fisch Helene, 24 years old, from Barcelona, Spain. But often in France. And a little bit japonese in my mind :)
  39. aldo_mariano

aldo_mariano

1) The Peoples, the posters advertising the lake, the small things, etc. ..

2) Fisheye 2, LCA +
    I am always pleased with the result. With Fisheye2 there are sometimes surprises.

3) I will focus on the light

4) During the summer on a trip to China,
    and in Geneva on daily life

5) MARIANO Aldo
    28 years
    Geneva / Switzerland

40. anarchy

anarchy

QUESTION!!

Can you tell me if my images are too small, they're 1800 pixels in width and 72 dpi resolution... I can make them 1400px and 350 dpi if you need it, my scans are big enough: ~3000 px width and 600 dpi resolution)... I can resubmit if there's no protection against uploading more than 10 images or e-mail the new ones...

41. jrjw

jrjw

i'm not sure i necessarily approve of this new submissions open format, but as a passionate doubles fan, it's really interesting reading through everyone's entries!

42. cheriesu

cheriesu

1. My favourite subject to photograph via double-exposure are fashion Ad and colorful signs. Kid's playground is a great place to shoot at too!

2. I use Lomo LC-A and Holga GCFN to take double-exposure photographs often. I use LC-A because it's my favourite. I love to take double-exposure with whole roll of films. Asfor Holga, I love medium format and it's easy to do double-exposure shots!

3. When I first started to take double-exposure shots, I followed the rules, such as "shoot something darker first, then shoot something lighter on the second layer" and "shoot something near, then far." However, as I try more shots, I forget about these rules. I just concentrate on hunting for colorful objects. So just keep shooting and wait for the surprise!

4. The photos I have taken via double-exposure with LC-A are mostly collaborations with other great lomographers in Taiwan or from other countries. We swap films and do the doubles. It's always surprise to see the end results! Once you start to swap films to do double-exposure shots, I ensure you that you'll be addicted to it. With Holga, I love to do double-exposure shots of flowers and people. It's fun to do some fun double-exposure shots with Holga too.

5. I'm Jennifer Su (aka Cheriesu), 26 yrs old, live in Taipei, Taiwan!!

43. iamwen

iamwen

1.my favourite subject to photograph via double-exposure would be mannequin, colorful things that glow in the dark, and poster of portrait.

2. i would prefer to use LOMO LCA for double exposure photograph because it is easy to use and it produce wild color. It is because my LCA never fail me!

3. My advice for double exposure photograph is you must remember to set the correct asa value and try to find colorful things to snap.

4. i do film swap with my friend at taiwan to do the double and i think i'm addicted to it. The photos is always full of surprise and looks like a movie poster.

5. My Name is See Kelvin, 22 years old, i live in Klang, Malaysia.

44. vicuna

vicuna

So, here are my submissions:

1) In general, no determined favorite subject, every shot can make a great double exposure, but I love take double exposed pictures of my girlfriend and landscapes...

2) There are 2 cameras that I use mostly for double exposure: the Horizon kompakt and the LCA+ The Horizon because it's very easy to make doubles with the kompakt and the wide format of the shots are great when doubled, and I'm really fan of the double symetric "up-side down" technique to creat fascinating and strange double exposures. Then the LCA+ because it's agreat feature of this cam and the LCA+ has such a great lens that fits perfectly for doubles!

3) When shooting doubles, try to shoot 2 very different things that can be very complementary and creat a new perception of these 2 subjects OR, try to shoot exactly the same thing but up-side down (that means return your camera to shoot the 2nd layer from exactly the same position) to have a great symetric "mirror" effect and give your shot a more "abstract/strange" mood. Taking a first layer underwater and a second one out of the water can also be a great double composition...

4) Well, the double shots I submitted are 5 Horizons with the "up-side down" symetric technique (a landscape, a crane, a metallic structure and boats), 1 portrait from my girlfriend with an old house as 2nd layer, 1 triple exposure from my girlfriend eating an apple (with 3 different color filters for each shot, blue/red/green) and 2 underwater shots doubled with a landscape or with a tree & a car, and finally 1 double landscape shot (river & trees) that created a strange new landscape...

5) I'm Stéphane Heinz ( aka Vicuna), I'm 35, living in Nice, France.

45. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

I have a question, too! When I was submitting my images, I saw it said, cannot exceed 3kb, below the 'submit image' button. so some of the images, I couldn't make it 1400px. would that be a problem?

46. evev

evev

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    - human beings

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    - Holga 120 cfn as i love its plastic lens

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    - personal feelings

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    - i take the picture of my boyfriend and then the second shot is his turn to take mine. sometimes, he takes only my pictures in the different positions.

- i'm NARRUEMON PURISO (aka evev), 22 year olds and live in Bangkok

47. bbg_mae07

bbg_mae07

Here are my submissions:
    I love take double exposed pictures of face feeling and landscapes 
    2) I almost use a LCA. It’s a great lens, a great light capture and a great focus. And I use a fisheye2 to take portraits for doubling sometimes because the fisheye has a cool fantastic lens. I fancy both!
    3) Don’t forget to mark a film before you taking the 1st layer of the roll! And set 200ASA for ISO100 film, then snap!

4) The pictures I've submitted are some of my favorite doubles. There was an accident hit shot. (This is a charm of doubling) The one with a nerd ugly girl (I) doubled with a shadow of the tree, it’s really cool. It looks like I drown in a sadness world. The picture of kissing me was pretty funny; I took 1st layer on the mirror with the fisheye and then doubling with the Lca. And the last 3 pictures, they are the shot that I swaped with fellow lomographers; gilaman, lomodirk and Jogintas

5) I'm maeda (aka bbg_mae07), 21, living in Bangkok, Thailand.

48. bbg_mae07

bbg_mae07

opps! no.1 was wrong (i copied for reading from Vicuna)

1) I love take double exposed pictures of face feeling and landscapes 

49. vicuna

vicuna

@bbg_mae07: ha ha ha! :))) happy to see that what I wrote was inspiring your answers :))))))) Was surprised at the first sight that you had the same answer as me... ;)))

50. cheeso

cheeso

1. My favorite subjects to photograph via double-exposure are people vs. graffiti, and one side of town vs. the other (East LA vs. West LA)

2. Vivitar Ultra Wide & Slim and Holga. I shoot on the VUWS, then rewind the film and shoot over it again. It fits right in your pocket so you can carry it anywhere.

4. The shots I've submitted were mostly shot on trips to the the west side of LA (the La Brea Tar PIts, Fairfax Ave., Hollywood), then shot over that roll on trips to the east side of LA, at the Brewery Lofts.

51. cheeso

cheeso

I didn't finish my entry! Sorry, here is my second attempt. Can the moderator merge my entries?

3. When shooting double-exposure photographs, work light over dark. The first shot should be under-exposed or a shot of something dark in dim lighting. Shoot something lighter, like people in broad sunlight, over the dark shots. Also, try to shoot the first layer/roll of text/signs/comics/graffiti, something that won't match the lighter layer. Be spontaneous and hope for happy accidents. Also, try not to rewind the film exactly, so there is some overlap.

5. David Burns, 43, Los Angeles, CA.

52. bolaemas

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? People against texture 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? Diana F+, due to the fact it's shutter can be held down as many times as possible plus the added advantage of controlling the aperture. 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? Establishing a dark background against a strong, bright subject. 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. The picture I took was a spontaneous shutter action and can't be explain. Sorry :) 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Danial is 15 and living in Subang Jaya, Malaysia :D
  53. taringkelinci

taringkelinci

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    ........people + building+ plant............................................................................

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    ................... FISHEYE 2 vs HOLGA 135 BC...........reason : surprise!!

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    ........................... 1st in x camera & then move it into another camera......

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    ...........dream, what is that?!?!? , LSD,.psychedelic, Dali, yellow submarine.......................

solomon, 30 , bandung , indonesia

54. nimbostratus

nimbostratus

1.Definitely people vs. landscape or people vs. people

2. Almost always Holga, its versatility is perfect for amazing double-exposure results. However, for my first submission I used the Agfa Clack, and I definitely was positively surprised by the results.

3. Don’t have a rigorous technique, as I like to achieve unexpected results. I really like to take double-exposures with x-processed slide film, as the color saturation becomes an extra ingredient to achieve interesting results. I also usually under-expose the first photograph, so that the second exposure gets a good definition. But I still believe “don’t follow any rules” is the best advice for achieving the best results.

4. These are basically my favorite doubles; they are manly photos from my last summer trips. One the first ones I just tried to capture the mood of the places I went through double-exposure. The third is my favorite from a double album I took with a very good friend. The next one resulted from double exposing people vs. people and the one after landscape vs. people. The last two were some of my first doubles, they were taken during my trip to London and I think they turned out particularly well because the first pictures were under exposed.

5.Adriana, 25, Lisbon, Portugal.

55. cyanwater

cyanwater

1. Related and contrasting subjects.

2. I love to double with the fisheye, holga and diana because of the easy mx function. However, shooting and reloading with the lc-a is a challenge worth experimenting.

3. Some people like to shoot randomly for unexpected results but not me. I'm definitely a control freak! Haha! Try stopping down both exposures to get a perfect shot. If using a camera with fixed settings, underexpose the first exposures by shooting darker subjects or under low light condition. For best results, shoot things with more contrast such that the second exposure can be exposed on the darker areas and the doubles will be more distinctive.

4. Half of them was a collaboration I did with khon_fused from Bournemouth, England. He actually noted down what he shot on each frame and I tried to complement every one of them. The rest are some of my favourites which I doubled to add life and humour to the still images.

5. Cindy, 30, Singapore

56. icuresick

icuresick

1. I love shooting heads and faces. I also like patterns

2. Most of the time my LCA+, because it has a multiple exposure button so shooting double exposure is a breeze.

3. - Turn your camera 180 degrees after each shot.
    - Shoot your subject on the left half side first, then the other half next.
    - If you'll be using a flash on a dark area, try to block the light coming from the flash by placing a cardboard or something on the half side of your flash. Remove the cardboard, then shoot as normal. The second exposure will be more visible on the side where you blocked the light.
    - Shoot wide, then shoot close-up.

4. My photos were mostly taken while on the job as a back up wedding photographer, I double exposed the brides and their gowns with anything I find interesting.

5. Erick Cusi, 26 years old
    Sta.Mesa, Manila, Philippines

57. paper_doll

paper_doll

1. I don’t have one favorite subject. For example, I like to shoot people vs buildings or trees vs statues. Usually, I photograph via double-exposure whenever I can, without any subject in particular.

2. Holga gcfn. In my opinion it’s the one that gives the best results, with the vignettes and the beautiful colors. Besides, there’s something charming about square format photos!

3. I generally like to shoot correlated things but if they don’t have anything to do with each other, it might also be fun and unexpected! I also try not to overlap the two images, so it doesn’t get too confusing. For example, I try to shoot one subject on the right side of the frame, and the second on the left side! Another good technique is when you take the first picture (of a statue for example) on the right side and then turn the camera upside down and shoot the same statue on the left side!

4. My photos are all very different from each other. Some might have been taken in my school, others on the street, on my backyard, everywhere! The important thing is that they’re all colourful and fun!

5. Ana Paula Sousa, 24, Porto, Portugal

58. mblair23

mblair23

1. Buildings, people, flowers, patterns, textures, sky and any combination thereof.

2. I usually use the Holga 135 because it's super easy to use and cheap enough for crazy experiments.

3. It's always fun taking a picture of something right-side up and then flipping the camera upside down and taking the exact same picture. The result looks like a weird chimera or remnant from a double world.

4. These photos were taken of the buildings/bridges/colors that surround me everyday.

5. Molly, 22, New York, US

59. jrjw

jrjw

1. Silhouettes, different cities, flowers, patterns, textures, bold colours... anything!

2. I mainly use the original LC-A - it has much less control than other cameras as the only way to double-expose a frame is to rewind the film and shoot again - this creates much more unexpected (and satisfying) results!

3. With the LC-A+ I like flipping the camera and double-exposing the shot, and double-exposing pictures of people at night can be fun too (to give the "identical twins" effect!). But almost all of my favourite doubles have been happy surprises. Just shoot away, rewind the film, and continue (shoot 100ASA film at 400ASA). Silhouettes or shadows double-expose particularly well. Moments of boredom are particularly good for inspiration - 30 minutes stuck somewhere (often at an airport, on a ferry, waiting for a train, etc) are perfect times to shoot doubles! I also like shooting different cities overlapping on the same film.

4. (a) Ferry - this was my first ever attempt at doubles and the whole roll was fantastic! (b) Sapporo (c) (d) Manchester vs. Kagoshima - between my two homes (e) Taipei vs. Nagasaki (f) (g) London (h) London/Tower Bridge (i) Narita Airport (j) My friends, Damian

5. James Whittaker, 28, London, UK, http://jrjw.com

60. chaweemek

chaweemek

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    - pattern VS objects.

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    - My beloved Holga. Because it so easy to do it. Just push done that shutter again and you got it!

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    - Prepare yourself for un expectation.
    - When you make a doubleX with Holga or Diana, Try to find an even light for both shot. otherwise you will lost some detail that you expect for.

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    - "Dreamy reality" that's what i call them.

5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in.
    Chawee Busayarat, 28, Marseille, France (But acually I'm from Bangkok, Thailand)

61. sillypucci

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? I take photo's of anything I come across when I'm out doing my thing. I don't have a favorite subject, it might be different everyday. I like this photo of the train station, but tomorrow I might like a photo of a flower. 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? My favourite camera to use is the LCA+. It's fun, quick and easy to take pictures on the go. It fits into my pocket. It's easy and quick to load new film and cheap to get processed and printed. 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? Have fun. Don't take it too seriously. Shoot lots of film and hope you get at least one nice picture. 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. This photo was taken inside Town Hall Station, Sydney. I was waiting for my brother to arrive. I hadn't seen him for months and he was bringing my nephews for us to take them to Sydney Aquarium. I simply rotated the camera to do the double exposure. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Emily Sephton, 26, Sydney, Australia.
  62. ndroo

ndroo

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    Messy & colourful subjects are the perfect combo!

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    Lomo LC-A+ is my favourite due to the compact size and of course the multiexposure (MX) button

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    Create a mess with colours! Stack em all in a frame and see what you get. Don't be afraid to experiment with new ideas ... you've nothing to lose (except maybe some film :P)

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    Messy yet simple, simple yet complex

Andrew Kua, 37, Singapore

63. oldskool_rider

oldskool_rider

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    trees, sculptures, sky, people, the beach, architecture, sun, grass, typography, signs, lamp posts are always a favorite of mine, foliage...etc the list just goes on and on

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    fisheye2, holga,...hopefully more soon...these are the only ones i use currently, because they are the only cameras i have had until now. i just got an actionsampler flash, so i'll use that for doubles soon too.

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    sometimes its good to think about what your doing...but usually, im too much in the zone and i dont think, i just shoot!!!! (Slide film is always a good one!)

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    wow...too many to list...erm, colourfull, lost of sky/trees/people/colour...erm sometimes they come out a bit abstract, and you cant even make out one layer of the shot, but that often looks good! im trying to keep them fairly minimal at the moment though, so my more recent shots aren't as crazy and confusing as my earlier ones

Thomas Oliver, 20, Ipswich, Suffolk

64. strangelilgirl

strangelilgirl

1. I like mixing nature (flowers!) with objects/people. especially seeing nature through man, maybe looking through someone's face to see shapes & colors. or trying to blend the two and see what kind of mess it creates.

2. I use the fisheye2. the convenient 'mx' feature allows my creativity to have the upper-hand and is helpful when I'm on the go and taking photos in a hurry; it's a controlled kind of chaos. also, the fisheye is the ultimate zen camera: it takes in all of its surroundings without getting too caught up on one focal point, absorbing everything as a whole. the distortion created through the lens produces depth, adding a dimension unachievable with other lenses.

3. keep it simple whenever you can. try not to let photos get watered down by images you didn't really mean to capture. chaos can be a great thing in a photo as long as it doesn't dilute your original intention. also, look for color and life. if you look at something and can feel its aliveness or connect with its strong colors, chances are people will see that in a photo too.

4. let's see...overlapping my boyfriend with flowers/trees...the one of him in the forest looks like a skeleton to me, and there is one where it looks like he's wearing a suit of flowers. there's my face with a crowd and a city seen through it, and us in a park at night with the city in and below us. there's a 'yin & yang' photo of my cat, a blend of a big tree (nature) with a blue light bulb (man-made), and an overlapping of a tree and a street sign (the only two objects I came across on a very long, empty road). also, two photos where I turned the camera upside down for the 2nd exposure: one of a manor up on a hill, and one of trees that look like teeth.

5. my name is Sarah Cunningham (a.k.a. Strangelilgirl), I am 21 and living in Central Point, Oregon, in the US.

65. dirklancer

dirklancer

1. My favorite subjects for double exposure are signs, objects, nature, and people.

2. My current favorite for double exposure is a lomolita for the 1st exposure followed by a fisheye. Neither of these allows for taking a second picture without advancing; so you can hardly plan anything. Randomness prevails!
    The lomolita loads inversely from the fisheye, so using both cameras normally yields one upside down image over the other. The fisheye is a good choice, because it leaves the outer sides virtually unexposed, giving good opportunity for two images to stand out differently in different parts of the frame.

3. I usually leave a loaded lomolita laying around for months. So many random pictures end up on the roll. Sometimes my kids will take pictures without my awareness. When it is finally full, I place it in the fisheye, and snap like a madman. One exposure is consistant throughout the roll, the other exposure is madness.

4. The best double exposures are the long awaited happy coincidences, but to be honest, I don't want to know what images I've got until I pick them up from the developer; even then, knowing is not quite necessary. ;)

5. Jeff Nachtigall, 33, Edmonton, Canada

66. mgnuman

many many peple in here.

67. mephisto19

mephisto19

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?

i love to add flowers to shots and i love structure (lines)

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?

i love to use my lca, cause i can change asa setting and it is my fav cam...!

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?

if you make doubles with people from other countries, remember different light conditions!

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    colourful, experimental, suprising, beautiful, sometimes scary, interesting, colaborative, connecting

stephan kaps, 27, lindhorst near hannover, germany

68. mgnuman

l love u

69. tom_ashor_bhaan

tom_ashor_bhaan

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?

poeple/abstract

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?

zenit 122k/supersampler
    LCA/LCA

the reason is that its relatively easy to work with them

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?

use another kind of cameras for doubles. or on LCA: cover the lower half of the lens with paper and on reshoot cover the second half of the lens. you will get horizontal doubles. slide is better (xpro).

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.

I think they are aesthetically pleasing and at first look they seems like abstract but theyre not. I do prefer xpro.

Tomáš Orbán, 25, Roznava, Slovakia

70. soffici

soffici

1. Trees ..I love how branches grow on the second subject 2. Lomo Fisheye2..It's very easy to take double exposure shots thanks to the multiple exposure switch 3. I try to balance the two subjects so they don't overlay too much 4. 1st layer - A solitary bare tree / 2ndlayer - a kid with a beard advertising poster taken at Earl's Court Road (London,England) in november 2007 5. Luca Soffici 29 , Modena, Italy
  71. aphasia2008

aphasia2008

1. Organic vs non-organic subjects.

2. I use my Holga 120 CFN because frame advancement can be easily controlled.

3. A fill-in flash for backlit subjects is always a plus!

4. The first exposure was an ivy-covered building on overcast day, and the second, a family in swans in sunlight.

5. Dimitri Dimitriadis, 35, Odense, Denmark.

72. drew87

1. Anything and everything!!! 2. Lubitel 'toy' Copy 3. Faces are great they give you some really good results, especially if they're not the same species. best tip is to try and line up the eyes and have light coming from the left for one shot and right for the other, or top/bottom, or even black material over the bits you don't want in each shot, just remember that brighter bits come out over darker bits so compose brighter bits away from what you want to keep! 4. I did a rather funny self portrait that looked like i was doing something strange to myself from behind, but this is by far my favourite 5. Andrew, 21, Ipswich/Cambridge/London, England
  73. elenarendezvous

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? usually the street, the sky and the people walking 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? I use the Diana because it´s easy and I love the square format 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? just shot shot shot shot....as you can see my image is not as "clear" as others, but maybe that´s what I like from it 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. the picture I have submitted it´s from the last year xmas. It was a sunny-happy-morning and I was just walking and buying some presents. Then I saw the sky, and then I just shot 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. I´m elena, 26, and I am from Santander, Spain cheers, cool photographs on here!
  74. mrcamm

mrcamm

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in.
  75. mrcamm

mrcamm

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? sky 1st then anything to compliment it. i think sexy ladies and sky will be my next project 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? lomo lc-a+ - nothing beats those super saturated wide angled lovelies 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? take one very light subject and one dark for best results 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. head rush mind warping experiences. mescaline fuelled nightmares 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. rich - 39 - sunderland - england
  76. azibabb

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? [myself and the world around me] 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? [holga 120 cfn!!! i just <3 <3 <3 those visually arresting light leaks and the 120 film format that takes me to developing/printing places other than my neighborhood pharmacy] 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? [use your imagination! don't be afraid to experiment! prepare to be surprised and wowed by your prints! have fun!] 4. Please describe the photo you have taken via double-exposure. [myself and the trees and buildings of the hoboken waterfront] 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. [azibabb - 29 - hoboken, nj, usa]
  77. azibabb

78. azibabb

*massive apologies - html code snafu; re-posting complete comment 1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? [myself and the world around me] 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? [holga 120 cfn!!! i just love those visually arresting light leaks and the 120 film format that takes me to developing/printing places other than my neighborhood pharmacy] 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? [use your imagination! don't be afraid to experiment! prepare to be surprised and wowed by your prints! have fun!] 4. Please describe the photo you have taken via double-exposure. [myself and the trees and buildings of the hoboken waterfront] 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. [azibabb - 29 - hoboken, nj, usa]
  79. vstephanie

vstephanie

1. I love a nice sunset or a beach background on the 1st layer then my favorite subject on top of that. Currently my dog is becoming my favorite subject of many doubles, especially when I'm taking him for long sunset walks on the beach.

2. Fish eye 2 because of its simple mx button making it super easy to double, triple, quadruple expose without losing track of the layers - i get often irritated when i forget what photo i took first but sometimes i'm also in for a nice surprise. Also lovin' the double exposure capabilities of my Diana F+ as I don't have to advance a full frame at a time giving me more freedom to create my photo, especially with the splitzer!

3. Experiment! Don't play it safe. For me, many times the best double exposure shots are those of two pictures that don't relate to one another at all yet it fits well together because its two of my favorite subjects in one photo so it sorta tells a personal story.

4. sunshine summer flings and long days on the beach

5. Stephanie V - 21yo - Bali, Indonesia

80. tiltheend

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? - contrast the world 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? - LCA , i like the way of vigness and color that very charming of LCA 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? - nope, just shoot it! 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. - emotional, extreme, landscape and surrounding. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. - Parm, 32 , Bangkok, Thailand
  81. deluca_frappuccino

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? Everything seen and unseen in this world. 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? I use the Holga 120N, Holga 120PC Pinhole, Zero Image 612B, 'Original' Pinhole Blender 120, Lomographic Fisheye Number 2 Camera, Lomographic Supersampler Camera, Handmade Pinhole Hat Box, and Handmade Ilford Multigrade IV B&W Pearl PaperCam. Each of these cameras allow me to record the world in different formats as it suits my mood. 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? Think like a child and enjoy the experience of play. 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. Abstract, surreal, action, and emotion. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Kelly Walls aka "Deluca Frappuccino," 43, San Antonio, Texas, United States
  82. cinzinc

cinzinc

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? People!! but in the case of my submissions, it was me.hehe

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? Fisheye2, its easy!

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? Move around from the previous pose

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. Usually taken out of boredom, and they came out pretty good.hehe

5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Christian/Chino Nartates, 20, Jakarta, Indonesia

83. jovannana

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? - Ghosts 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? - I use a self modified holga. 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? - Take a finished roll of film and run it through again and again. 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. - I'm an adventurous ghost hunter. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. - Jovanna, 22, Los Angeles, USA
  84. graefin

graefin

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    I love to take pictures of neon lights, of lights in general and of everything that shines in the night.

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    Lubitel, Holga and LCA. The first two create doubles like I want them to be and the LCA does accidental doubles.

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    Use a certain theme like "trees and clouds" or "lights at night". Or you take a picture and then the same one again but this time you're in the picture - and you look like a ghost!

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    Colourful, unpredictable, funny, experimental and impressive combinations of different motives. The pictures submitted where all taken in Hamburg. The square ones with Lubitel or Holga and the landspace ones with my LCA.

Melanie, 28, Hamburg, Germany

85. stinketier

stinketier

Everything what's coming in front of my lense, but i prefer faces.

2. My Diana+ oder my holga 35mm. My reason? These are the only cameras with whom i can do double-exposure photographs.

3. Not really. I'm just looking for the brightness. I'm just trying it and sometimes there are great photos in the end.

4. The first one is an experiment. My first double with the holga35mm just our telephon from above and in front. The second one is my girlfriend. If just shot her fast two times. One is in the netherlands with my feet and the feet of my girlfriend in the sea. I love this image.
    And the last one is a multiexposure with my fisheyecamera in my hand.

Kilian Lenk, 22, Germany, Cologne

86. alexroarsatlyons

alexroarsatlyons

1. I like to shoot people outside at night using a flash gun, it focus just on the people and can make some interesting shapes of many faces morphed together. I also like double exposing faces with textures.

2. I use the Holga, Diana F+ and the Smena 8m but my favorite is the Holga because it is square format which i prefer for portraits and it has a handy built in coloursplash of different colour fashes.

3. Don't try and complicate things, for example doesn't often work to double expose two busy photographs, textures work well with perhaps a more interesting shot normally because they give a background pattern.

4. I have taken firstly shots at night one is when two of my friends went swimming in the river Seine in Paris i double exposed using my Diana F+ their wet dirty faces. I have also taken a double exposure of the London eye with a really dramatic sky and the wheels overlapping. The other shots are of friends with textures exposed over them.

5. Alex Lyons, 18, London, England.

87. spaces

1. Fall into the other World with the flowers or drawings or buildings, or combined them. 2. L-CA+ would be my first choice, Cmeha Smena 8M would be my second choice. The first camera bring me with the soul thru the photos; the second one touch with the heart. 3. Imagine what you are inside, what's the feelings and what's the soul thru the photos with your mind; remember the distances between the different images. 4. Sometimes I want to combine different images into one and bring out the messages or a story. Sometimes I just want to keep it simple and sharp and touch the heart. Claire Wong, 25 years old from Hong Kong, China
  88. 7samurai

7samurai

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?
    Myself, people, everything i can see.

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?
    Lca, Lca+, SS

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?
    Mark the flame and let's go!! Don't think just shoot.

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.
    Portrait, Mix story, Abstract, Experiment

Nirun P. 34 years from Bangkok, Thailand

89. noiway

noiway

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? people interacting with the things around. 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? holga! it's the funniest and the simplest one around! 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? always keep in mind: one surface + one human being + something around interacting with the human. 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. experiments on the nature. 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. gencer soytemiz, 23, istanbul, turkey.
  90. carlymaberry

1. I love layering trees and water over other images, and looking at the same subject from different angles, or standing in the same place and shooting exposures in different directions. 2. My Holga 120N and my Diana F+ -- I love both but I tend to use the Diana more, since it has a smoother, more comfortable feel, and I really love the soft, dreamy effect, especially when layering. 3. A good way to go for a subtle double exposure effect is to make the first shot something simple, like trees or water or the sky, as a textured background effect for your second, more detailed shot. 4. My black and white shot is of Turner Field in Atlanta, from the first roll in my Holga. I used my Diana F+ for the first time on a trip to Washington, D.C. this summer, and I had a lot of fun there taking double exposed shots from the same spot in opposite directions -- at points along the National Mall, I'd take a photo of the monument at one end, then turn around and layer another shot of the monument at the opposite end. 5. Carly Maberry, 22, Atlanta, GA, USA.
  91. melanie_skriabine

melanie_skriabine

1.I don't think i have any favorite subject to photograph when i do double exposure, i like to try everything, i photograph what seduces my eyes and then double it when i see some other things that also catches my eyes the same way, it goes from my animals, architecture,landscapes,city life...and also myself! ;)
    2.I like to use the LC-A, that's the camera i'm using most of the times when i do doubles...but i also am using Holga..
    3.When i do multi-exposure i like to expose my negative with a first layer, knowing i'll double it with another one once i've shot 36 views, i rewind it and depending on my inspiration, i immediately shoot a second layer or take the film away for a moment an wait for some different times, surroundings or events.
    4.With multi-exposure, i'm looking for a result that has something to do with oneirism, fantasy, dreams. When i manage this, i'm the happiest girl on earth! :)
    5.I'm Mélanie Skriabine, i'll turn 34 on next Nov.22nd and i live in Toulouse - France.

92. melanie_skriabine

melanie_skriabine

Er....is it possible to add something to my first answer? I just would like one word to be added in my answer: "(blah blah blah).....it goes from my PETS, animals, architecture......" The word to be added is of course the one in capital letters not the "blah blah blah" thing !! (lol) Thanks a lot dear LSI staff!! ;)

PLUS: why can't i see my uploaded photos in the "images submitted by users" above??? Many thanks again....

93. knoepflmacher

@ melanie: your images are there. the newest shots are at the end

94. pianorama

1. People, Nature....anything...anything... 2. Mostly Holga because it's fun and easy! I don't have to do anything, just press the button again! =) LCA is also my favourite. 3. Try some experimental way such as rewinding the film roll after shooting and put it in another different type of camera. It has so much fun! (But it needs some calculation and luck to make them exposed EXACTLY on the same frame. =) ) 4. The beach shots : I first made a mark in the film before using the LCA for shooting plain nature views, such as sand, sea, sky. And then I rewinded the film and put it in the fisheye2 and shoot some objects to make stories. I love the way the circles are put in the rectangular frames resulted from using this technique...it's cute! The Holha shots : I had an idea about making stories about 'time, beauty, and love' by using multiple exposure technique. The Super Sampler shot : I tried to make some shots of myself doing magic with the flowers. =) 5. My name is Fai Rodjanathum, age 22 from Bangkok, Thailand.
  95. pianorama

pianorama said less than a minute ago 1. People, Nature....anything...anything... 2. Mostly Holga because it's fun and easy! I don't have to do anything, just press the button again! =) LCA is also my favourite. 3. Try some experimental way such as rewinding the film roll after shooting and put it in another different type of camera. It has so much fun! (But it needs some calculation and luck to make them exposed EXACTLY on the same frame. =) ) 4. Fun and experimental. I think it's worth to put a bit more planning and calculation, for the better shots and stories. 5. My name is Fai Rodjanathum, age 22 from Bangkok, Thailand.
  96. pianorama

Oh sorry....I put two of my comments in by mistake.
  97. ksjusha

1. people and nature and anything 2. fisheye2 lca holga - its fun 3. try everything you want! do what u wanna do 4. eperimantal strange funny 5. name * Ksjusha. 18 old from Tallinn Estonia
  98. aikoaiko

1. anything, but I seem to gravitate towards one element of nature and the other a person 2. Holga, because it is the best camera I have, right now for double exposures. 3. as a novice, the only advice I can give is to go with your instincts and have fun experimenting. there is always more film! so don't hold back. 4. a good photograph makes me quiet and reflective. something that is playful, yet profound at the same time. the true subject of my pictures is meaningful and layered with something that doesn't quite make sense, making it whimsical. 5. Kelly, 32, Charlottesville, USA
  99. luobodingr

luobodingr

My images got destroyed by the "resizer"! I Hope you also got the original files too!

1. I like to photograph anything. I try not to think about the objects I am photographing, rather focus on the light available and shoot towards that. Double exposures do well in areas of high contrast such that there will be dark areas in the first image for the second image to come through well.
    2. I use the original Lomo LCA. It enables the partial winding that I like, it is small and convenient.
    3. 1) With the LCA, you do not need to shoot the whole film and then rewind it and reload it in order to shoot a double exposure. By pressing the film release button under the camera as you wind on, you can reload the shutter and shoot directly over the same frame you just shot. This makes a big difference to anyone who wants to think about the images they are overlapping. You can shoot both images right after one another if you like. 2) partial winding is what happens when you press the film release button (as above) but not for the entire “wind”. Don’t let the entire frame move by but allow for some of it to be moved along such that the frames will overlap. This is a great way of capturing a scene, a short trip or an activity into one image. 3) The home made splitzer works in the same way. You do need to use the same film release button technique to reload the camera but this time you are sort of building the image up as you go. This is something I want to do a lot more work with in future.
    4. There are 4 “Partial winding” images here that I took in Australia.
    “On the rocks” is my son sitting on the rocks at the end of a beach, towards the end of the day, after a long walk. We were just sitting there, resting and enjoying the view and I wanted to capture it all.
    “Fun on the swings” was at the park with my son, pushing him on the swings. I realized that every time he came back for another push he had this great smile and I wanted to grab a few of them.
    “Sydney Harbour Bridge” was a day out with my son when we went to Luna Park, a fun park under Sydney Harbour Bridge. We spent the morning there and ate a picnic lunch in a park next to the bridge afterwards.
    “Nike” This is taken along one shopping street called “Xinjiekou” in Beijing. It was amazing to me all the different local Chinese brands that had come up to compete against Nike in the sportswear market and how similar their logos all were. I shot them one at a time as I walked down the road.
    Beijing Splitzer 1 and 2 Both are collections of things I saw during a walk at lunchtime one bright sunny day. These were shot using my own splitzer.
    Red Doubles: These three double exposures were all taken using the partial winding technique so I knew what the first image was when I shot the second. The red colour is a result of cross-processing slide film.

5. My name is Rob, I am 37 years old, from Sydney, Australia and I am a lomographer. I am currently living and working in Beijing where I have spent the better part of the past 15 years.

100. jogainwonderland

jogainwonderland

1. anthyng but always by chance! 2. i use holga, just because it's the only one that i own that allows this... 3. it's my first attempt to double expusure so i have nothig intresting to say about it, sorry! 4. it was my last night in ny so i decided to take picture to my friends there and i put them all together in one frame, by accident! 5. i'm FRANCESCA i'm 23 and i live between Modena and Milan, Italy
  101. aikoaiko

umm...okay there must have been a glitch, I really didn't upload the same image 20 times.
  102. deniselai

deniselai

1. Anything that's going to make an interesting double exposure.

2. Holga. It's my camera of choice because the Holga makes double exposure so easy. Just point and shoot.

3. Have a certain theme/idea in mind when you go about shooting doubles. This way, you'll be more aware of what you are taking. Having said that, don't limit yourself to that or you might miss something interesting. As the saying goes, "Don't think, just shoot!"

4. I was trying to either create a pattern in a shot or shots that provokes thought. The most obvious one is the one with old and new buildings in one single shot, and the with a pair of shoes in the sky. What it means to me might not be what it means to you, but hey, that's where the fun is. :)

5. Denise Marilyn Lai, 19, Singapore.

103. fuzk23

fuzk23

1. I don't limit myself to any single favourite subject. A seemingly ordinary object and be a subject for a great double!

2. I use the Holga. It's really easy with the Holga. Tweak the focusing set (if you are taking something near and far away), aim, and shoot! Oh, and square is so sexy. ;)

3. I like to visualise how the final picture would turn out before I take the shot but generally, I'm not too bothered about technique. There's something called "happy accidents" in Lomography that works out well. :)

4. One of the shots is actually a triple exposure. I was trying to show the different sides of.. me. One is a happy accident and the remaining three, I was trying to capture something surreal.

5. Lee Jyh Yeong, 28, Singapore.

104. deniselai

deniselai

Just to add something to point 3 that I missed out:

The first layer always seems to appear lighter then the second. In this instance, it would be good to know which picture you want be more 'faded' or in the background to create the double-exposure you want.

105. cuchillojamonero

cuchillojamonero

1. People and Berlin. 2. Holga 120 CFN. It smells well. 3. Make sure you're drunk enough. 4. The first one was taken in two different clubs in Berlin, and the second one was taken after visiting Burger King with a modified Holga. 5. Álvaro-18-Bilbao-Spain
  106. daniel8lim

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? human vs human, natures vs object 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? fisheye2,holga. reason ease to use 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? just shoot 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. the lady 1st exposure with normal flash, and the 2nd exposure with colour flash. it looks just great enough! 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Daniel, 26, Penang, Malaysia
  107. lucygoosey

1. People and movement- I love the fact that photos are capturing a moment, but with multiple exposures you can capture a whole series of moments, whether they be related moments or not. 2. I use my Holga 120 N (when I can afford film!) I love the surprises I get as I am still learning all the time, and you also have all the joys of winding on however much or little you want. And the ‘B’ button for longer exposures when playing with light is my favourite! 3. Don’t be scared about ruining a photo by multiple exposing it- in my experience it just enhances them! But then again there are a lot of single exposures that I love- but don’t think about them too much, do what you feel. On the more creative side, I’m going to try and mix more abstract exposures with people and see what happens- I suppose that isn’t really a tip, more of an idea. 4. Image 1 – Raffi and Nat walking up an alley. Using slide film and glorious Preston as a backdrop. Image 2 – Tom skating in Southam, our hometown on a sunny day- he loves this one! Image 3 – Random graffiti and Raffi walking, slightly blurred and I don’t know what the line is across the right side, but I’m glad its there. 5. I’m Lucy, 22, from Stoke-on-Trent, UK, nice to meet you.
  108. gobblin

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure? lighting with creature 2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason? 2 points 1. if i want to create the double shot what i think (that mean think before shoot) i always use LC-A+ and Holga because they are very easy to make the double shot. 2. all of camera i have will be used for the shot that i never think before like "Don't think just shoot (double)" when i finished the roll and rewind and shoot again by new camera or the same camera and by my friend or me again. that's really crazy and fun 3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs? do it with your craziness 4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure. it's my life 5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in. Adit Sombunsa, 25, Bangkok, Thailand
  109. superlighter

superlighter

1. everything is good to me but I prefere simple images.

2. I experimenting double-exposure with almost every camera I have, I don't have a favourite one.

3.multiple takes of the same subject from different angles.

4. 1: Holga 120S - my musical gear
    2: Holga 135BC - a sunset and a tree
    3: Rollei Prego 90 - rotating under a naked tree
    4: Diana+ - street writers in action
    5: Holga 120S - leaves and leaves
    6: PoP9 + LCA - a plant and a slideshow with a mirror reflection
    7: Beirette VSN - a bench and some flowers
    8: Fisheye 2 - the town hall of my city
    9: Bencini Koroll 2 - multiple takes of the railing shadows projected over the way
    10: LCA - a very fortunate double-exp where the band seems they're playing at my living room around christmas!

5. I'm Aurelio "Superlighter" Laloni, 50, Osimo - Italy

Ciao!

110. bongo808

bongo808

1. My favorite subject are buildings! M. C. Eischer learned me how to see it in a different way, now I try to show it in a different way with my shots. 2. I always use my LCA+ because it's my one and only beloved camera. 3. I love to make symmetries in my pictures, precisely something that looks like something symmetrical but that is not, like with a magic mirror 4. The four symmetrical shots have been taken in Lyon, Paris, and in Drôme. These are precisely what I talked about before. I really love the one taken in Drôme, when I first shown it to a friend, he saw the reflection of a mountain in a lake, but few seconds later he realised something was strange and supernatural... The one with big buildings is very funny, I took it in La Défense, district of the businesses in Paris, it looks like some wonderland... A triple exposure with trees, a door in my flat, and a wall in a shop. The B&W shot is one of my favorite portraits. I love to make portraits with multiple exposure, to get a movement and and a tension between two neer-in-time expressions. The seventh is two night city shots, the first is a graffity, I took the second inside a monumental sculpture, I have made something with twoo very different forms of urban art. 5. Arnaud Laprêt, 25, Lyon, France
  111. aleczanussi

1. What is your favorite subject to photograph via double-exposure?

- I adore photograph via double exposure people, because i love the confusion of faces and body and colors that comes out.

2. What camera do you use to take double-exposure photographs? Your reason?

- I usually use my Holga 135BC simply because i like its vignetting and because it's 35mm camera.

3. Any advice or techniques you have when taking double-exposure photographs?

- Try to do it with no logic, cos i think that the best results are the ones that we dont actually want.

4. Please describe the photos you have taken via double-exposure.

- It's a beach near where i live. It was the end of the summer so it was not crowded, there were no people staring at the sun...and you could feel a relaxing athmosphere. The colors are great because it was very sunny that day...and the non-logic with which i took the photo gives it a sense of more relax according to me...

5. Please tell us your name, age, city and country you live in.

- Alec Zanussi, 23 years old, Pordenone, Italy.

112. bongo808

bongo808

Hum....sorry.. I have made a mistake on the name of M.C.Escher. Two comments above...
  113. fabianjalil

1 .- architecture and people, aspects ghost. 2 .- Holga, by the long exposure results and explosives and for that I do not have another such opportunity. 3 .- try to see the elements, thinks the photo before you shoot... 4 .- I like to be mysterious escene, or people who appear, just like a painting. 5 .- fabian Jalil, 27, Guadalajara, mexico
  114. pfuj

1. I like to try combinations of simple shapes and more complex patterns - using the shapes of shadows to frame other photos. 2. The P-Sharan STD-35 pinhole camera. The pinhole has a very small aperture which allows the combination of longer exposures or more exposures. Also the compact nature of the camera allows you to put it in strange places or at weird angles. 3. Experiment a lot. You never know what you're going to get. Try putting the camera in stranger places or at weird angles - you can get new and different shots from the same old subjects. 4. This photo was taken of the Wrigley building in Chicago from inside a flowerbed on Michigan avenue. It is composed of 2 exposures (1 min each) of the same upward, skyscraper shot, with the first being at a 90 degree angle to the second. Taken on Kodak Portra 400. 5. Pauline, 31, Santa Cruz, USA.