Urban Nomad Competition Week 3 Winners!

Summer is winding down (for those of you in the top half of the planet), and the long and winding road has led you back home. It's time to take another moment and catch up with this week's winning entries into the "Urban Nomad":http://urbannomad.lomography.com/ competition. This has truly been one of the most difficult competitions to judge ever, as the entries were extraordinary! You should all take a moment to bask in your awesomeness!

Summer is winding down (for those of you in the top half of the planet), and the long and winding road has led you back home. It’s time to take another moment and catch up with this week’s winning entries into the Urban Nomad competition. This has truly been one of the most difficult competitions to judge ever, as the entries were extraordinary! You should all take a moment to bask in your awesomeness!

And now, the final 15, who will be entered into the pool of 45 winners from which our good friends at Urban Outfitters will select a grand prize champion who will walk away with $1000 in cash, and so much Lomographic loot that you’ll need help carrying the box into your house!

And the winners are…

by ieva

11th place

12th place

13th place

14th place

15th place:

Congratulations to all the winners!

Week 3 winner lomoborg will receive a Horizon Perfekt camera.

2nd – 5th place winners will each receive a Diana+ Dreamer Edition camera.

6th – 10th place winners will each receive a Fisheye camera.

And 11th – 15th place winners will each get an Oktomat camera.

Prizes will be sent out AFTER the contest has ended. Please allow up to 6 weeks for prizes to be mailed. Winners are responsible for any local import duties or fees connected to the receipt of their prize.

Stay tuned for the announcement of the grand prize winner coming soon! (please be patient while the judges weigh this incredibly difficult choice! Thank you!)

written by ouroborosx

1. weechonghooi

weechonghooi

Congrats to all winners~!!!

2. vicuna

vicuna

Congratulations to the winners!! :)))

3. mephisto19

mephisto19

congrats to all
    i think the winning shot is not a horizon-worth-shot (like chomdee's shot in week 2 or kokakoo in week 1) if i compare the first places
    but anyways
    it was surely difficult to judge and i cannot wait to see that grand prize winner will be ...

4. anarchy

anarchy

Congrats all =)

5. japsix

japsix

Congratulations to the winners!!!!!! ))))) Great Shots!!!!!!

6. papasgotabrandnewcamera

the winning shot is a joke????;-)order must be in reverse???
  7. 7samurai

7samurai

Congratulations!!!

8. johann_affendy

johann_affendy

for a travel-based competition, i think the 12th and 15th pic deserves a better placing. oh well. congrats everyone :)

9. graefin

graefin

wonderful again and some of my favourite week three shots are among the winners!

10. donatus

donatus

5th and 8th pics are awesome!

11. kylethefrench

kylethefrench

Good work all... I am over these urban outfitters contests though 7/15... I'm just saying is all

12. wherearemysunglasses

wherearemysunglasses

ahhhh!!! LOMO I LOVE YOU! can't wait to play with Diana! :)

congrats to everybody

13. zulupt

zulupt

Congrats to all winners, great contest!

14. tmmluis

tmmluis

congratulation to everybody this was a GREAT contest !!!
    Lomo ON!

;-)

15. jblaze823

jblaze823

4, 8, 9 are my favorites, but they are all great shots, congrats to everyone.

16. ferro_ud

I'm with <b>papasgotabrandnewcamera</b>
    well I do't like so much the first one, it's that kind of really bad development, anyway you choose and congrats to the winners.

17. fash_on

fash_on

congrats to everyone, my favorites are 13 and 14, now I want a pop 9!

18. agaltier

agaltier

I must admit I'm a bit disapointed for such a big competition with such a specific thema. All pictures chosen are beautiful and I congrat all the winners, but I really have difficulties to link specially the first places with the thema. Anyway, that was not a critic, just a thought. I know judges have worked a lot, and once again, congrats to all ....

19. jeepeng

jeepeng

congratulations to all the winners! so many London Eye! good luck to everyone on coming competitions! cheers!

20. japsix

japsix

15th is my favorite!!!!!!!

21. neja

neja

wow! beautiful stunning shots!

22. makeyuu

makeyuu

world is beautiful!!

23. drivenlikesnow

im done with these contests. Not to take away from the winners, some time the pictures are awesome, but way to often lately they are nothing special. The rumbles have been ridiculous and im pretty sure winners are picked randomly most of the time. So long lomography.com.
  24. tracyvmoore

tracyvmoore

Wow. I just want to say that I appreciate these contests greatly. They are fun...and they keep a certain energy level here in the community that is excellent. It must be extremely hard to judge these contests. Just look through the thousands of shots and there are many many awsome ones. One of the things I love about the Lomographic community is the spirit that we all like different things. We sometimes agree on what a good shot is....sometimes (often) we do not. But what I believe we all agree on is the freedom here to express ourselves and revel in our differences. Before lomo...I was too critical of any of my photos to ever consider submitting them to a contest. I have learned here to turn off the inner (and outer haha) critic and just enjoy the act of capturing images and sharing them with others.

25. eastmoe

eastmoe

wooooo..im in 5th place.yeahhhh
    congrats to all winners...

26. mattdude1081

mattdude1081

righteous!

27. reinertlee

reinertlee

Congrats to all! Congrats to Mr.Alarm!

28. saviorjosh

saviorjosh

This is a fantastic competition with a wonderful theme obviously. Like everyone else, I have enjoyed it greatly, not only because I won something in it, but more importantly because I have seen so many mind-blowing submissions, generous comments, interesting interactions and so on.

It's a great shame that many of my favorite shots are not awarded the prizes that they definitely deserve. I am a little disappointed with the selection of winning pictures this time because many of them do not fit the travel theme in my opinion. However, I totally understand how difficult it is to make everyone happy in a huge competition like this since what is a good picture can be quite subjective sometimes.

anyway, congrats to all winners and to LSI for the conclusion of another great competition!

29. mephisto19

mephisto19

i have to say thank you again here
    thanks for the positive feedback and the positive votings
    i still cannot understand the enormous number of negative votings in week 1! WHY? and if those people do not leave a comment what they didn't like about my submissions, how shall it help me in future and how shall it protect them to look again at my shots?
    in week one i had nearly the same number of yes and no's (257 / 237). have you been voting down (not only my) submissions?

there is no guarantee for winning.
    never
    lomo always surprises when they choose a winning shot (some people often call it random)
    so for me it is still unclear, HOW winners are chosen (any winners! lhotd, too)
    is there a certain system?
    why, to make it more concret, has my infrared-tree-shot won? okay... it is a cool effect, but where is the connection to the theme? i had other submissions that in my opinion fittet more to the theme (and i think now when jury is only looking at this one shot i have no chance to get "the urban nomad spirit" that was asked for!)
    if these proicesses would be more open, more transparent i would not complain so often

30. orangebird

orangebird

Wow!! Thank you LSI and urbanoutfitters.
    Congratulations to all winners!

31. tmmluis

tmmluis

Sometimes some people forget that LSI is a low-fi community. Well, this is not a fine art photography site/contest (there are better places where you can go for that purpose), this is amateur passion so don't be frustrated if your perfect photo composition or white balance don't win this time, "there are no rules" remember !? Just enjoy the pleasure of photographing and let the spirit of Lomography rest in peace.

;-)

32. pieceofshoot

pieceofshoot

I do respect 'mephisto19' that you dare enough to be the first one to talk about something which i've wanted to say since Urban Nomad week1.

Sometimes i don't know how to choose the picture to be submitted cause the jury's mind is hard to guess, and I got a surprise... can't believe that my green rubbish 'London Eye' picture was awarded instead of the others. Well, thanks anyway and congrats to all the winner ;)

Picking the winners, might be some kind of MARKETING.

33. pieceofshoot

pieceofshoot

and again...
    2 completely same shots won OKTOKINO in the same time.
    actually, i'm jealous! haha

34. thewet_child

Congratulations to all winner ^_^
  35. myloveletter

myloveletter

I was thinking that especially the Urban Outfitters part of the judging must really keep in mind the picture they plan to sell in their stores. While many - or most - of the pictures, I can't really imagine being turned into "Wall Art," I would assume or hope that the winning picture will be suitable to sell in stores. I didn't submit many entries because I was obsessing over what I thought Urban Outfitters would want to make into wall art and I didn't think many of my shots were suitable. As unpredictable as lomography may be, Urban Outfitters being involved in the judging puts a new, even more unpredictable spin on it. Just a thought... And just about anything can fit into the category of "what you saw."