Lomoinstant_en

Paging Beijing! ( for Lomolocations Submissions)

Beijing Lomographers, what's up? ... oh yes, how can we forget? The 2008 Olympics is happening right there, right now!

Beijing Lomographers, what’s up? … oh yes, how can we forget? The 2008 Olympics is happening right there, right now!

So maybe you have some good photos to share, as well as some stories. Let us in on the fun and excitement! Submit at least five photos (768px in width or height) and a blog entry and get 10 piggies if your entry gets published.

Click here to submit entry

written by shhquiet

1. bbg_mae07

bbg_mae07

i luv u, Beijing!!!
    beautiful opening ceremony !! :)

2. mantozauras

mantozauras

Love Olympics!
    Lithuania will be olympic basketball champions!You will see!!!

3. jogintas

jogintas

:) mantozauras is the guru of guessing :)

4. 7samurai

7samurai

Free Tibet!!!

5. atari_fear

atari_fear

ya,free tibet!! :)

6. luobodingr

luobodingr

Love the Olympics? Great stuff. Love Tibet? Cool!

Link Tibet to the Olympics? hmmmmm....

I do hope that everyone, including the Chinese Government, can enjoy the games and help them be successful as an Olympic Games. I do not want the legacy of the Olympics to become that of a political forum.

If you want to free Tibet, go speak to your local Member of Parliament, (assuming you live in a country with decent representation). They will do more for you via official channels than protesting in online forums like this.

Niether Tibet nor China nor you will gain anything by repeating the "Free Tibet" mantra during the Olympics.

I happen to support change in Tibet and welcome the return of the Dalia Lama but I also know the lay of the land over here and I can assure you that every single protest during the Olypmic period adds another ten meters to the mountain of work the Tibetans need to do to get anywhere near what they want. All the best intentions of the protesting "Students for a Free Tibet" are, in my opinion, counterproductive to the overall aims of the Dalai Lama and will not speed nor ease the path to greater Tibetan independance from China.

I am not a communist, nor a China-lover, I am just a realist who is pained by all the meaningless protests by people who are more full of passion than knowledge. Whilst I respect their passion I do yearn for them to direct it into more useful channels. The Chinese government will only dig their heels in if pressure is applied in this way. Tibetan Independance will only be realised through a step by step process that allows the Chinese Government an easy way of stepping down. They simply will not bow to pressure, but, if you show them an opportunity to back down with grace and face, they will be much more likely to do so and change will begin to be seen.

Sorry lomographers - this is the first and last time I will post a political message on this site. I did not intend to write all this!

I hope to have some BJ shots up by next week!

7. 7samurai

7samurai

Oh!!

8. takezzo

takezzo

i'm in beijing now... still working. i will put up some photos once i get back to tokyo.

the weather has been really bad (hazy, smoggy sky and polluted air), but the last night's rain storm cleared the air and we have a nice blue sky today :)