Lomoinstant_en

Russia! Bar Crawl Challenge Update - Good News!

Dearest Lomographers,

Dearest Lomographers,

We have just conferred with some top-secret KGB agents, and have good news to report. The deadline for the Lomography/Russia! Soviet Bar Crawl Photo Challenge has been extended to August 1st!

photo by mephisto19

That means you have more time to cultivate your vodka palate. So get out there and shoot yourself to fame and Lomographic-fortune!

Budem zdorovy!

written by ouroborosx

1. vicuna

vicuna

Yeah! Great, I hadn't the time to go there, but now I will! :)))

2. lomodirk

lomodirk

Sorry, but that sucks, if I had known to have more time I would have done something other...

3. mattcharnock

mattcharnock

what if you have already entered? can we go and reshoot? re upload? sorry i am just thinking about more vodka!

4. kylethefrench

kylethefrench

I have never seen a russian bar in my life, that is the problem

5. larslau

larslau

I agree with lomodirk...

6. ouroborosx

ouroborosx

if anyone would like to resubmit their photos, you can send the photos to me via email:

liad@lomography.com

please if you can upload to yousendit or rapidshare and provide me with a link, that would be best because there is a 10mb limit to the emails i can receive. if not, just send them a few at a time.

we want your best work, so of course we don't want to limit you!

cheers!

7. pederzani

I don't know of any russian bars, and I'm not even old enough to enjoy them.

8. mephisto19

mephisto19

i had not shot two polaroid- films if i knew it earlier.... hmpf... but thakns for taking my shot

9. azurblue

azurblue

Is it really not possible to put the deadline at the 31th august ?

10. ouroborosx

ouroborosx

i'm sorry... we are already pushing the Russia! editorial deadline... if this were a Lomography competition only, the deadline could be flexible... but the point of this competition is to have photos appear in the magazine... so we have to be very strict with the deadline... we convinced them to extend it so everyone who was running out of time could shoot some more...

mephisto, if you would like to resubmit you are more than welcome to! :)

11. graefin

graefin

damn it.
    Had I known this when the last mail about the competition came I wouldn't have shot 2 Polaroid films (just as mephisto said...) but used the Holga, LCA, whatever for it. But I like my entry to this competition anyway and deadlines that are no real deadlines suck! Sorry to say so.
    It's always good for others who didn't manage to enter the competition by now that the deadline is extended but its not fair for those who stayed up all night trying to make a good entry.
    anyway, we had fun yesterday, thanks for posting this picture (cause I'm on it *g*) and I hope that August 1st is the REAL deadline now!!!!

12. azurblue

azurblue

Ah, ben tant pis alors, Liad, too bad...

I'll do my pics and I'll win nothing, then...

13. panickedandroid

Thanks for the extension! It's been difficult getting to the one Russian bar in town (L.A.), but like it's been said before, the bar doesn't need to be Russian! You can pretend and that's what I did. The new deadline gives me time to go pick up my work from the lab and scan!
  14. mephisto19

mephisto19

sounds as if i HAD TO resubmit :/
    but no... now i really have no time to find another russian place or motivate people again to make party or spent another two polaroid-films (expensive!!!) or take other cams... no.... i have been in general deadline- time, sat there all night (as graefin said) and tried to submit something. if it is good enough it might be in the magazine, if not i had a combination of fun and stress and lots of sweat.

15. inkel

It is not completely clear to me, the pictures needs to be done excusively with a Lomo camera, or any of the cameras being sold at Lomography.com are valid, or any film camera is valid? I have an ActionSampler, a Fujifilm Instax 100 (sold at Lomography.com), a Canon EOS 100. Can I participate with any of them? Thank you from Argentina, Leandro
  16. ouroborosx

ouroborosx

hi guys... ok, so first of all, you can use any analog camera for the competition...

i'm really sorry that some of you are upset about the deadline change... it wasn't meant to inconvenience you, but instead to give you some more time to get some shots in... i used to be the one to wait to the last minute on projects too, and i know how that feels to rush to get stuff in by the deadline... we asked Russia! to push back their deadline so that you all could have more time to get involved and score some Lomographic loot and submit your very best work to hopefully be published!

mephisto19 and graefin, if you both wish to resubmit photos, i'll give you 25 piggies to offset your polaroid costs... that seems fair, no? :)

thanks everyone!

17. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

Thats what i love about Lomo, the society really takes care of its people and everyone benefits out of it. This is fantastic !!!!

18. sonjabean

sonjabean

Trying to get a submission in under the wire. Where, exactly, is the wire, by the way? We've got all day August 1, right? And who's day? East Coast USA? Or somewhere in Germany?

Also, does the photo essay have to take place in a bar or can it be an eating establishment that may or may not have alcohol?

Thanks!

19. maxpinckers

maxpinckers

RESULTS ? !

20. mephisto19

mephisto19

when will the winners be announced?