Lca_120_september_2014_header

Beta Launch Second Phase - Give Us Your Feedback

Okay, we are heading right into the second phase of our relaunch. If you have no clue what the first phase was, read "this entry here":http://beta.lomography.com/magazine/blog/2008/05/02/beta-launch-give-us-your-feedback. So, "Film Class":/magazine/films and "Camera Club":/magazine/cameras – these are our two most recent additions to the magazine, they should give you plenty of interesting things to read about and comment on. If you haven't done so already, "please activate your account for the new site":/login. Many interesting things are in our pipeline and this way you are among the first to know.

Okay, we are heading right into the second phase of our relaunch. If you have no clue what the first phase was, read this entry here. So, Film Class and Camera Club – these are our two most recent additions to the magazine, they should give you plenty of interesting things to read about and comment on. If you haven’t done so already, please activate your account for the new site. Many interesting things are in our pipeline and this way you are among the first to know.

Thanks for the feedback so far from the first round – this gave us a lot of information on what you want and what you need. Please don’t stop! Leave your comments here: What do you like? What could be better? What are you missing? All feedback, be it good or bad, helps us a lot!

Enjoy.

written by recurving

1. superlighter

superlighter

WOW!!! Cameras section! fantastic!

2. vicuna

vicuna

Now I can log in again! Wow, great camera & film section!! I can't wait to send you some reviews & pics about my personal camera collection! :))) And now, when I'm searching for infos about a cam or a film, I know where to look first!! :)))

3. xbalboax

xbalboax

love it especially the camera section!

4. fallencollective

fallencollective

I hate to say this, but I wish our personal pages were more like....myspace! Terrible? Perhaps, but I like the ability to have larger photo sizes. I get all my negatives scanned and would hate to have to resize them all. I also hate not being able to upload more than 5 or 6 pictures at a time! Also, I can't seem to access my personal page from the beta-site. Will the user-pages be integrated into this version? One other comment? Why not make it a little more social-network-friendly? Sure things have been working well so far, and you can always go with the "If it ain't broke, why fix it?!?" mentality, but I mean, really now... it would be more user-friendly, and would likely encourage more activity on the site in general. -M
  5. superlighter

superlighter

I'd like to upload and build lomowall as on the past year LWC form!

6. e-mp

i definitely love the camera section...maybe you could have sections where people could rate different features of the cameras? or also submit sample pictures for the camera and film reviews. i also wish the personal pages were a bit more easy to edit, especially the orientation of the photos... i can never get the vertical pictures to stay vertical. also, i love that you can specify the camera that took the photos you upload, maybe you could add a section where you can say which film it is, so people could search for pictures taken with it...
  7. jonasfx

jonasfx

ok dudes and dudettes, here's two reasons why I don't hang around lomography.com even though I'd like to.
    1. no shop with firefox (not that big of a deal but it drives me nuts)
    2. photowalls or what-they're-called are an awesome idea, really! but it's discriminating! I know you guys've got some design geniouses working for you. make it look good even if ones shots ain't horizonal, rectangular shot. I want my vertical shots to fit in. I want my holga to feel like someone cares for her. those borders are just not pretty..
    3. old site: not userfriendly. going about looking at ones pages and finding stuff has always been hard for me. and when I see a photo anywhere on the site; I wan't to be able to get to it when I click it!

ok, that's some of the bad experience I've had. tried to be honest but not too harsh.
    but there's stuff that I like too ofcourse!

1. building up a interest for film and supporting it!
    2. pretty cool attitude about the whole thing. you guys seem to be in it for the fun.
    ...or the money, but if people are willing to pay who am I to blame? and it's cool if you guys can make a living on this and give lomography the attention to keep growing.
    3. the e-mails and camerapages are always a treat! like cotton candy for my eyes~
    4. colorsplash is love<3
    5. the lomo film shop was always interesting and I'm hoping you're not just taking it a step further but a big friggin l e a p now! and one thing, user comments should be avaliable on every product. and I'm not just talking film here. I'm all for trying out new stuff but it'd sure be fun to know what others think in a easy-to-find-out manner.

well, those are just a few thoughts and ideas for now. I admit I haven't really checked what's going on with the beta but if you're interested in -or just wondering what I'm jabbering about; just ask. I'm assuming you know how to find out my e-mail without me writing it here.
    anyhow, good luck with the new lomography!

cheers~ /j

8. jonasfx

jonasfx

oh, and when I press enter I assume there will be a break. but if you like it better like this then be my guest. oh, wait.. I'd actually like you to change that if that's alright? pleaaase? haha~

9. grenoouille

grenoouille

I'm with superlighter and jonasfx! It would be great to have more flexibility in the lomohome and album walls building.... to have kind of special templates dedicated to specific formats such as 120, horizon, vertical, or various templates mixing all formats where it would be possible to drag and drop photos to create a nice wall. The program used for the LWC07 was pretty nice, though it would have been better if it had been possible to organize the uploaded shots by albums or to directly dig into our own albums...
    <br>
    Same feeling as jonasfx who said: "I want my Holga to feel like someone cares for her"...

10. grenoouille

grenoouille

haha!
    break!
    <br>
    <p>
    just testing something...
    <p>
    ignore me...
    <p>

11. freak_17

I Like The New Film And Camera Section......Like Many On Here I Would Like To see More Flexibilty With Our Walls...And Bigger Picture Size Image To see More Detail Espacially With Panoramic, I Mean When Panoramic Are Upload They Seem Smaller Lose Alot Of Detail, Also Why Can't There A Perminent Vertical Picture Thingy, Instead Of Using The Arrows To See Them The Right Way, Also I Like When You Upload You Get To Choose The Camera You Use But What About "Other" , Can't We Just Write What Camera We Used If Its Not Featured....I Know LSI Has Many Selection Of Cameras But There Are Thousands Out There
    Also I Agree With e.m.p. Why Not Have Also Another Section Where Can Choose/Tell What Film You Used
    I Would Like To Thanx LSI For The Thousands Of Piggies You Give
    I Mean Its Like Free Money What More Can You Ask For
    But All In All I Think These Sites Are The Best
    So Thanx Again

12. recurving

recurving

Hey! Thanks for the feedback so far. As for the LomoHomes: of course they will be integrated in the new site - we are working on them already, to make them more userfriendly and add some nice features. But I can already promise some things: vertical shots, no more borders on shots, upload of more than five shots at once, more metadata, ...

So this is just the first step, to make a nice environment for all the new features. Expect more to come over the following weeks.

13. peter

peter

@jonasfx:
    <br />
    The shop actually works with Firefox. There's just some not so easy to fix problem with Adblock Plus which I guess you're using. Please disable it for shop site.

14. jonasfx

jonasfx

thanks peter!
    and recurving: looking forward to it~
    <br>(break)
    <p>(paragraph)

15. takezzo

takezzo

i'm still very confused to use this new site... it just doesn't give me the information i want, or i still don't get what it can offer me... at least yet : (

16. begoniac

begoniac

I'm incredibly excited about the release of this new lomo magazine.As far as what I see everything is improving.Great new very clear sections .It looks like even posting is a lot more clear and easy already.I can't wait to see the new features for our homes.As I have read , uploading ,pix size,aspect ratio and resolutions are features that will be improved for sure.I would love to see our homes be a bit easier for not just for lomographers but for anyone that wants to check out our photos and might not be very computer oriented.Some friends complain to me that they cannot figure out how to get to explore my albums and walls.
    Thank you for the camera and film sections ....just wonderful.

17. scotopic_lux

scotopic_lux

Glad to hear that the LomoHomes will be made more user-friendly. The site is looking great, and i cant wait until it is done.
  18. gemma81de

gemma81de

A problem that I encountered during the last days is that sometimes I am not able to leave comments. When I click the "leave comment" button nothing happens. Some days ago suddenly my comments appeared after reloading the site but a few minutes ago nothing happened - even after a refresh. Well, curious if this comment gets through now. ;)

19. agrimony

agrimony

it would be great if there are more locations in the world browser. like whenever a new user joins lomography his or her point of origin will appear automatically on the world map. or whenever a lomolocation story of a location which is not on the map.

20. gemma81de

gemma81de

Oh yeah, I agree with that! More cities to choose from please :) Sometimes I have to check in Google Earth which city is closest because the offered ones are all so far away that I don't really have a clue.

21. helloimjames

awesome design, userbility looks great so far - nice and clean looking and easy to use, can't wait for the full version to aunch - well done lomography design team!!
  22. modest_camera

I would like this site to be set up more like www.jpgmag.com. The pics are displayed bigger, you can favorite pics, send messages, and add contacts on the same page with little trouble at all. It has a huge focus on great photography, but at the same time it is very social. by the way if you want to find me on jpg my username is magic!
  23. mubblegum

mubblegum

I agree, I think an ability to favorite and feature other people's shots would be great.
    Connects people a lot more. Perhaps have an ability to do personal polls and theme events where they can ask people to post certain things and do photohunts, etc.

24. makeyuu

makeyuu

It would be very nice to have a button choice to cancel uploads you do to blogposts. Sometimes you kinda sorta just get this spasm and accidentaly double click with your finger and maybe you submit some photo that is not very on topic.

25. warshock

warshock

has anyone tried uploading 49 albums or more? because my 49th-52nd albums don't appear even if i click most recent albums. i guess i caught a bug.

check my site and tell me it it will work.

26. herbert-4

herbert-4

I think that in the camera review section, you should be able to enter the name of the camera you are reviewing, not just a list. I would review a US Navy Beseler Topcon Super D. This is, possibly, the fiercest main battle camera to ever see the light of day. Check it out on my old Lomohome: http://www.lomohomes(…)m/Herbert-4 . Also on the new homes, if I select more than 1 photo for tagging, my IE6 browser crashes and generates error messages and sends them to MS. My OS is WIN2K and my machine is 8 years old. Thanx.
    Herb

27. makeyuu

makeyuu

the beta site is great!
    one thing though that could be better is that when you look through an album, the site reloads at the top. So for every picture you look at, you need to scroll down.

28. makeyuu

makeyuu

hi! i want to choose my own keypic to my albums. Now the first picture is automatically set. Please fix : )

29. sibu_sen

sibu_sen

Hi,
    I think we should be able to choose an album cover for each album and that the album title should be written above each one, so that it's easier to set them apart. I also want to be able to move photos from one album to another...? Not sure if this is possible at the moment. It would also be nice with some kind of notification if someone leaves a comment to you, I didnt realise until ages after that someone commented on my pics and posts! A lomowall in our home would be nice also.

Thanks!

30. sibu_sen

sibu_sen

I also wish there was a way we could store favourite users or favorite albums from other users. That way we could "save" albums that inspires us!

31. makeyuu

makeyuu

id like a section for reviews of scanners.

32. pjp

Something that would be nice e.g. when you commented on a lomolocation or a photo or so it would be nice to be able to quote other people's reactions, when that happens that person receives a some kind of a notification, so that he know that someone has an opinion about his opinion and so on, thus there's is a better chance that lomolocation and such are more lively discussed :) wich is somethin i really about a community

33. blue-dog

blue-dog

I notice when I type in some peoples names here @ "what are you looking for" in the home page; it does not take me to that home. Try typing my name in here: blue-dog friends and family can not find some of us here..Also I can not Update on the homes page button does not work...