Lca_120_september_2014_header

Beta Launch - Give Us Your Feedback

This is it! The first part of the new website is online (but you know this already as you are on it right now!). We've been working on this thing for several weeks now, programming and designing like crazy, drinking too much coffee, discussing new features and throwing around ideas... Now it's time to give you the first taste of what we've been up to.

This is it! The first part of the new website is online (but you know this already as you are on it right now!). We’ve been working on this thing for several weeks now, programming and designing like crazy, drinking too much coffee, discussing new features and throwing around ideas… Now it’s time to give you the first taste of what we’ve been up to.

As you can read in the About section: we are starting off by launching our brand new online Magazine – the Blog, LomoLocations and Lomographic Events are already online with more magazine categories just around the corner. Keep watching here for all this and further launch updates.

But enough chat from us: now it’s up to you. We want to hear from you! Let us know what you like, what you don’t like, what things you’d like to see. To do this you just need to activate your Lomography account so you can use this site (as well as the old Lomography.com). To give us your feedback directly you can also mail us at beta@lomography.com;.

Have fun!

written by recurving

1. peter

peter

Hoorray!

2. ferro_ud

this sounds really great.

3. toastiesarnies

Loving the new layout. Very clean.
    I'm especially excited about the magazine section where there will be camera articles. One of my fave bits of the current blog are the pet love film articles.

One suggestion - will I be able to upload a whole folder of images instead of one at at time?

Keep it up, can't wait to see more!

4. jeepeng

jeepeng

no matter what lomography.com turning into, i'm always be with you! can't wait to see the new "Better upload functionality", i'm excited!!!

5. champi

champi

That new version look mint!! I love it!!Keep us tuned!!

6. vtayeh

vtayeh

I love the new layout, very easy to navigate between the different sections. Curious to see how the lomohomes will be attached but so good so far! Also love how you can the latest entries on the Lomoloactions.

7. stouf

stouf

Ooooohhhh Greaaaaat !!!

8. vicuna

vicuna

Really interesting new site! very clear and what I like is that it gives the locations feature are good place and possibility to leave comments, that's more interactivity :)
    And new upload possibilities, more rumbles and missions, yeah, that's great!!! Curious to see how the lomohomes will be integrated in there...
    I'm really happy to discover all the new possibilities you guys from LSI can offer, it's like a brand new toy for our lomo-passion! I'm sure you will surprise us for the best!! :)))))

9. paper_doll

paper_doll

i have to say i'm a little bit scared... the old one was not perfect as we all know, but i was used to it! (omg i sound like old people)
    anyway this one still needs some work but i like what i see around here.

10. reinertlee

reinertlee

Yeah! This is something new to every Lomographers on the Earth!!!

11. xbalboax

xbalboax

good job guys site looks great!

12. shhquiet

shhquiet

i really like how clean the site looks :)

13. janisthewanis

janisthewanis

hey neat stuff, excited to see the new stuff

14. mephisto19

mephisto19

ahhhh.... okay.... now it is working.
    i like the new look. so clear and clean, although i got used to the other site...

15. grimbyname

We've all become familiar wth the look of the old site, but I am interested to see how the new one develops. The tabbed layout of the magazine reminds me of the "Who the hell are you?" competition last year. Other image hosting sites do have more functionality than lomography.com - the ability to leave comments against individual pics, slideshows, more detailed user profiles, etc. - and it would be great to see more of that here while retaining the uniqe style that makes this feel more community based than those. Maybe I haven't tried hard enough, but I've never really felt that I 'belong' to a community with flickr. That's not the case with lomography, and I wouldn't like to lose that.

My only comment for improvement so far would be to be able to control the frame rate of the slideshow in the locations. At the moment it's a rapid-fire affair that gives no time to appreciate any of the pics.

Looking forward to the next wave of improvements. Good work so far!

16. saviorjosh

saviorjosh

OMG, I am totally unprepared for such an exciting surprise! :) Well done, guys!!

17. vicuna

vicuna

Just a little comment about the (fantastic) location feature: will there be any possibility (like in the "old" location site) to search the entries by country, city, theme, lomographer.... I found that really cool to navigate like this or will all these informations be in the tags? The listing of all the locations on one specific place, theme or lomographer gives another view too... :)))
    And like grimbyname says, the most important thing about this new site, is the community spirit, and I agree about the fact that no other "sharing" site offers this like lomography...
    LOMO ON!!!! :)))))))))

18. jeepeng

jeepeng

wish to have "Email this to a friend" and "Bookmark with: facebook, Delicious, Digg, reddit...etc" buttons on LSI Blog!

19. petunia

petunia

exciting stuff indeed! i'm really looking forward to this, change is a good thing.. i agree with grimbyname too - there is something slightly disconnected about flickr whereas lomography does have a certain community spirit, even though it's grown and evolved so much even since i joined 2 years ago. one thing i hope to see though is an improved upload function - it's the one thing flickr has over lomography - i love their dedicated uploader that allows you to drag and drop images from your hardrive and do all the naming and tagging etc first - though i do realise flickr also has paid accounts, so maybe this is too much to ask from an exclusively free membership, maybe i'm being greedy.. :) one other thing - though i really like the new look and layout, it is very similar to jpgmag's. i know it's supposed to have a more magazine-oriented feel but i do hope the LSI holds on to it's uniqueness, which is integral to it's community spirit in my opinion...
    in any case it's a pretty exciting time to be a lomographer, it's gonna be fun watching this progress and i'm sure it'll be a great impetus for lots of people to be more participatory and take more photos and continue to support film, a noble and worthy cause...

20. zulupt

zulupt

Great site!!!
    Hope i can upload multiple pics at the same time instead of one at a time.
    Lomo on!

21. superlighter

superlighter

it's alwais exciting when changes comes in the life, however it take some time to feel safe and confortable, at a first sight....it seems good to me!
    Best Wishes!

22. g_ray

g_ray

hmm. This 'beta site' looks like a normal blog. Nice & neat but I think I like the current one better because there's SO MUCH in just ONE page..like NEWS, blog entries, LHOTD, products,events..the whole think looks just like a 'community'. But I do like the colours here. Hope to see more 'sections' soon.

23. gemma81de

gemma81de

I see the biggest change so far in the LomoLocations. I like that the pictures are bigger now and also the possibility to comment on the locations and the tag search. But I wish the old search functions would still exist, too - like listing all locations by a certain member.
    Other than that I am just curious what else is to come, how the lomohomes will be included and what the start page will ultimately look like.

24. snoop

snoop

this is all work in progress, feature after feature will be released. so we cant really talk about the startpage right now ;). however post your wishes and your ideas here, so we know what direction you want us to go.

25. paper_doll

paper_doll

i sent an email to pan_dre, please fix that as soon as possible! thanks

26. missound

missound

I really like the articles list. It's great to browse all the subjects very easily et quickly.
    Unfortunately, I don't really like the new design, not enough customized, I miss the "2D-lomo" effect.
    But it's just the beginning and I' know you have a lot of great lomo ideas in store !

27. katykate

katykate

i like the new site! very clean and clearly arranged! good job!

28. begoniac

begoniac

Wonderful improvement.I love the location.The lay out is just great,one thumbnail a brief description and jsut click to learn more.The site looks super clean.I still have to navigate a bit more and see how our account will look..I can't wait.Many thanks to LSI for such treat!!!

29. champi

champi

Dunno if it was said before, I didn't take time to read all the comments... anyway, the slideshow stuff is cool, but in my opinion a bit too fast...

30. klingsor

klingsor

uh! XHTML strict with only some warnings, best work! congrats

31. tveden

tveden

Nice start, people always tell me "that homo page you're always surfing is a mess and hard to navigate" and i agree, if you are new to it, it can be. So this new one looks much easier, good going.

32. joaquim

I'm finding the green writing a little hard to read but otherwise I think you guys are doing a great job! Can't wait to see it all finished!
  33. johann_affendy

johann_affendy

looks user-friendly enough. keep up the good work! can't wait to see how the lomohomes turn out.

34. deccir

congratulations! of course I'm late, trying to watch the uiapuru flight, lost at my jungle called health...ooo, I've studied a lot, hahahaha, always whit a smile in the the middle of my face. I want to watch ur music lomography, ur soul!

thx

35. tveden

tveden

What about making a swapping area, so if you want to do a film swapping, you go to the swapping area and maybe even browse country or city where you'd like to find people to swap with. Maybe call it "Blind film dating"

36. superlighter

superlighter

I wish to have the same upload and building wall metod as for the LWC 2007.

37. tamararama

tamararama

please make the uploading of the photos to the lomo homes easier, faster and more user friendly!! the old ones are so annoying and slow. its one of the reasons why i prefer deviant art. maybe you can imitate their uploading program?
  38. blue-dog

blue-dog

I notice when I type in some peoples names here @ "what are you looking for" in the home page; it does not take me to that home. Try typing my name in here: blue-dog friends and family can not find some of us here..Also I can not Update on the homes page button does not work...

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch.