Bogotá is one of the most modern cities in Latin America. Located in the center of Colombia, it's known by it sunny/rainy weather and the mountains around.
In the middle of a beautiful country, blessed by nature with its fauna and the charming people, you can find a modern cosmpolitan city.
Bogotá is a city full of pleasures. It’s also known and loved by Colombians for the exquisite cuisine, the modern and classic architecture and the cultural and fun spots.
Travelling to Bogotá is also an adventure on itself! Its people will feel you make more than welcome and its intricate history and the realities of its internal situation will make you feel like you are in a Gabriel Garcia-Marquez story.
Although, if you’re going to travel to Bogotá, you should keep in mind:
- Before taking a taxi, make sure you call to a cab company and they will send you one for a cheap price.
- Currency is Pesos, they don’t accept Dollars
- You can stay in very nice hostels on La Candelaria on the old center of the city.
- If you are looking for pleasure and business, you should stay on the hotels of the Calle 93 and Calle 85 between the 5th and 15th Ave.
- Try the typical food like bandeja paisa, ajiaco, jugo de lulo, tamal, arepas y empanadas!