Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

Lomography Guide to Prague: Prague for Beer Lovers

Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you, my boyfriend is a great beer lover and it's through this that I got to know places I would not visit otherwise. So if you like beer and small breweries, this article is just perfect for you.

Photo by erikagrendel

Czech Republic is known for its beer and I do not think that I have to remind you all of the beer brands and types. However, I would like to point out some small breweries in Prague, which you might find to be an interesting place for a visit. They are usually hidden in small historical streets, producing there their own beer and even doing some special visits of the brewery itself for the curious visitors.

On Kremencova Street, there is one of the hidden breweries I mentioned, the brewery and restaurant called U Fleku. They offer usually traditional Czech food in combination with their own beer. You can visit their brewery and even buy some beer souvenirs. Similarly, another interesting place is U Medvidku, the small brewery which was established in the year 1466, produced beer till 1898 and was reopened in 2004.

Beer at Pivovarsky Dum

Then we also visited breweries called Novomestky Pivovar on Vodickova Street and Pivovarsky Dum on Jecna Street. My boyfriend enjoyed the beer very much — however, you have to be prepared that because of too many visitors and beer lovers, you will have to wait quite long till they notice you.

And maybe at the end, I can point out to your attention two pubs, which do not have their own brewery, but they are quite unique in one way or the other. The Prague Beer Museum on Dlouha Street is a pub with 30 kinds of Czech draught beer and Lokal is another pub located nearby, which is probably one of the longest pubs not only in Prague.

Lomo on!

written by erikagrendel

1. roxyvonschlotterstein

roxyvonschlotterstein

U Fleku is so overcrowed. Unfortunately a very touristic spot. :(

8 months ago · report as spam
  2. erikagrendel

erikagrendel

@roxyvonschlotterstein I know, it is bit better in U Medvidku, because it is not dirrectly in the centre, but still... tourists are almost everywhere :))))

8 months ago · report as spam
  3. roxyvonschlotterstein

roxyvonschlotterstein

@erikagrendel
    I dunno where I went but I enjoyed some Pilsner Urquell and - as usual - traditional Czech food in a very small place without so many tourists, the last time I have been there. So it's really worth to have a look besides the crowds. :)

Yes, indeed, it's like here in Berlin. Lucky that we are living in such great cities.

8 months ago · report as spam

6. erikagrendel

erikagrendel

@roxyvonschlotterstein thank you dear and thank you for the translations too <3

8 months ago · report as spam
  7. lomofrue

lomofrue

yeah u fleku is really touristy. if you go to prague with slovenian tourist agency they always take you there. and even when i go to prague by myself my friends always ask me did you go to u fleku? it's like the only thing they remember from prague :) i recommed a place called domeček. i think that means a little home? it's near old town square, little bit hidden, but really cute and quiet

8 months ago · report as spam
  8. le_ors

le_ors

this is a nice guide, @erikagrendel.
    i'm not a beer lover but when you travel you have to taste everything... now I'll have these spots if I ever come to Prague :)

8 months ago · report as spam
  9. erikagrendel

erikagrendel

@le_ors thank you dear :*

8 months ago · report as spam

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more

Nearby LomoLocations

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Русский & Deutsch.