The Wine Regions of the World

In honor of the new Sparkling Editions, here's a highlight on the top wine-producing regions in the globe.

Grab a bottle of your favorite vino and let’s raise our glasses to these top countries! Cheers!

FRANCE

France is the world’s largest wine producer. It is the source of many grape varieties like Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir, as well as wine-making practices and styles of wine that have been adopted in other producing countries. The French are also noted for creating wines that compliment and go with meals rather than for just pure drinking.

ITALY

The classic scene that comes into mind when one thinks about a vineyard would perhaps compose of the lush slopes of Tuscany, or some other Italian region; and with a good reason: Italy is home to some of the oldest wine-producing plantations in the world.

SPAIN

Spain has over 2.9 million acres (over 1.17 million hectares) of vineyards, making it the most widely-planted wine producing nation. It is the third largest producer of wine in the world, after France and Italy. The Spanish often describe their winemaking philosophy with the native word elaborar (to elaborate) rather than fabricar (to produce/make) relating to the view that the winemaker acts as more of a nurturer rather than a producer.

All information for this article was taken from the French wine, Italian wine, Spanish wine, and the List of Wine-Producing Countries article on WIkipedia.

Bring out the bubbly and party all night long this season with our Sparkling Edition cameras, wrapped in a velvety cork coat and sparkling metallic accents. Now available on our Online Shop!

written by geegraphy

1. saidseni

saidseni

...I don't know, I feel there is something missing... :P

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  2. trincheiras

trincheiras

i agree @saidseni, seems like we must complete the article =D

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  3. geegraphy

geegraphy

@saidseni @trincheiras Penny for your thoughts? :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  4. trincheiras

trincheiras

@geegraphy portuguese wines are missing! get yourself in the next plain here and we'll make you a tour trough the joys of the sweet nectar made in our country :) from Vinho do Porto, to Vinho Verde, from Dão or Bairrada, ending up in Alentejo!

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  5. geegraphy

geegraphy

@trincheiras In my defense, I only wrote about the top 3 countries, but I'll be damned if I didn't say that I like your idea! I'm gonna start saving up~!

It may also sound random but when I watched the video about the wine corks being made (featured in http://www.lomograph(…)ks-are-made), it really made me want to go to Portugal, too! It's weird but it's fascinating. :)

TO PORTUGAL!!! :D

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  6. superlighter

superlighter

and why not also California? :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  7. saidseni

saidseni

@geegraphy: I checked the article of the top producers and, guess what @trincheiras, we are in the 11th place!!! We Portuguese are always convinced we are the top producers but competing with huge countries like China, well...!! Anyway, top drinkers for sure! :D

@geegraphy, let us now when you arrive, we'll await you at the airport with some bottles! ;) And have checked yet the cute things done with cork here, like shoes and wallets? http://www.corkdesig(…)kdesign.php

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  8. saidseni

saidseni

I hope I'll not be reported as spam because of the link... :/

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  9. geegraphy

geegraphy

@superlighter Like I mentioned before, I only wrote about the top 3 wine-producing regions; but if it helps, the great US of A is on the 4th spot! High five! :D

@saidseni Yay for new friends! And from overseas too! :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Spanish, Deutsch, Português & Československy.