History, river walk, boat taxi rides, haunted tours... whatever you want, downtown San Antonio, Texas has it all.
Stop what you are doing right now. Pack up a weeks worth of clothes. Load the kids up in the car and drive (or fly) to San Antonio, Texas. You are about to have a vacation you won’t forget.
San Antonio is rich with culture and history. The Alamo is a former roman catholic mission church that served as a small fortress for the Texan army in 1836. The Mexican army attacked and destroyed most of the fortress except for the main church building. It can be seen as a free museum, but no photography allowed inside. :(
Surrounding the Alamo is the famous San Antonio River Walk. Sidewalks cover both sides of the river with many many stores and restaurants including the River Center Mall. There are many beautiful sights to see. Bring your camera because you wont want to forget this place. Stop at all the stores because you can find some really cool crap. It would be best to stay at a hotel on the river, close to the mall (it is worth the extra money).
1. Have a Margarita at Rita’s
2. Eat at DICK’s Last Resort (Everyone that works there acts like an asshole. They write obscene things on big paper hats and make you wear it. It’s Hilarious!)
3. Eat breakfast at Zuni’s
4. Don’t get too drunk because there are no hand rails to keep you from falling into the river.
5. You can’t go wrong eating supper at the Hard Rock Cafe
6. Bring a lot of film and your favorite lomography cameras’ (I used 8 rolls of film)
You are currently not logged in, do so now to add comments, like articles as well as photos, submit to competitions, translate articles and gain access to unlimited photo upload! If you are not registered yet, go here to find out more about Lomography and join now! If you just want a limited account for now you can use Twitter or Facebook. We would love to have you as a member here!