IKEA Where Furnitures Meet Film

The concept of Do-It-Yourself and quality usually do not come together, however, this was proven wrong by this amazing furniture store called IKEA. This amazing location is also a great place for burning some films for its fantastic colors from its ranges of products. Thus, it has become favourite dining spot(They have fantastic meatballs!) and a place to chill out at night.

Being a very boring person, I usually do not like the idea of going to bars or clubs to drink or dance. I usually go for a more subtle relaxing place to slow down my pace of life. And IKEA is my favourite for many many reasons.

IKEA stores are usually very large blue buildings with few windows and yellow accents (the company’s colors are also the national colors of Sweden). They are often designed around a “one-way” layout which leads customers along “the long natural way.”. This layout is designed to encourage the customer to see the store in its entirety (as opposed to a traditional retail store, which allows a consumer to go right to the section where the goods and services needed are displayed) although there are often shortcuts to other parts of the showroom. The sequence first involves going through furniture showrooms making note of selected items.

IKEA restaurants serving traditional Swedish food such as potatoes with Swedish meatballs(Well-loved by many Singaporeans!), cream sauce and lingonberry jam. Besides these Swedish staples, hot dogs and drinks are also sold, along with a few varieties of the local cuisine, and beverages such as lingonberry juice.

written by dotdotdot

1. lomosexual_manboy

lomosexual_manboy

The As-Is section and the food area are my favorite sections and they are at the very end of the walk through the San Diego store. Luckily I share your enthusiasm for getting lost in the maze that is IKEA. Cool idea for a location.

2. stouf

stouf

Super shots ! And I confess I love there meatballs too ! But don't say it to my Greek grandma, she would kick my ass : )

3. eyecon

eyecon

I have to go there today - but I think it will not be that relaxing....two days before christmas... :(

4. nural

nural

I love IKEA!! I probably bought everything they sell!!! Love the food as well :))

5. moochie_lomo

moochie_lomo

Excellent! You've perfectly captured the IKEA experience on film! Well . . . except for the putting-things-together part! LOL. I know many people who have been to IKEA but do not believe me that they have meatballs - which are really great (I do a killer curried meatballs with them). And I'll go out of my way for some lingonberry soda! Mmmmmm . . . I needs me some now. Great piece, dotdotdot!

6. saidseni

saidseni

I think this location will help a bit the next time I need to go there. It is not a good experience to me but I think your pictures will change this! Good work! Lomo on!

7. honeytrees

honeytrees

gorgeous photos, makes me lust for a trip to IKEA!
    Really, great idea, i freaking love IKEA.

8. dizzyg

dizzyg

Love this article/photos... One of Singaporeans' favourite hangouts (especially during the holiday season)

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more

Nearby LomoLocations

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch.