Potala Palace 布达拉宫 (Lhasa, Tibet)

I went on a group tour to the famous palace in Lhasa, Tibet. Its name means "sacred Buddhist site" was built in 7th century and throughout the ages, it had been the winter palace of Dalai Lamas. Today the palace has been converted into a museum by the Chinese.

I brought along a Holga, supersampler, Nikon F65 and a Canon Ixus digital. My friends thought i was insane but loved the pictures I took! The Skies were amazing especially when you cross process!

Some tips:
1) Prepare to pay the locals money (about US one dollar) if you want take their pictures.
2) You have to pay to take pictures inside most monasteries, thats why most of my shots are outside of the palace
3) Be careful not to point your cameras at the local police as they will take your negatives. Yes! I almost had to if not for my tour guide to explain things for me.
4) Bring LOTs of negatives (and positives) and a Polaroid if you have one! I regretted not bringing my LC-A and Polaroid cameras.

Theres more Tibet pictures in my humble lomo home haha..

written by lawypop

1. -a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

-a-l-b-e-r-t-o-

great colors, great gallery, great everything...

2. ebolatheelectricmonk

ebolatheelectricmonk

Great!! Lhasa is just great. And would be better without the chinese....
    (Wonder if this post stays here, or does LSI make too much money selling plastic to chinese photographers???)

3. takezzo

takezzo

ohhhhhhhh.... tibet has been on the top of my 'wish list' for so many years.

4. breakphreak

breakphreak

another coolest location. I guess LC-A+ or Holga 135 should be on the tag list for the rectangular pics, right? big up.

5. breakphreak

breakphreak

also, so great you've managed to take one pic from inside :) was there several years ago - they did not allowed to make pics inside, so I've made one in the Potala Toilet (still inside) :)))

6. breakphreak

breakphreak

PS: (sorry, one more) "Potala" in TIbetian would also deserve to appear somewhere here too.

7. saidseni

saidseni

Love the photos, love the location. Tibet is a great place to lomo with it's bright blue skies... Why I didn't take my LCA at the time?! Grrrrr... You should write more but the pictures are great. Lomo on!

8. stouf

stouf

This gallery is absolutely perfect. Congrats !

9. lawypop

lawypop

Hi guys thanks for viewing my tibet pictures! just to clarify: all the rectangular pictures are taken with my nikonF65 film camera...the rest posted here are shot with Holga and supersampler :P

something to share:
    I was so excited about this trip and constantly deciding what cameras to bring :P
    but given a 2nd chance i would very MUCH want to bring my LC-A along!!!!
    haha but i had fun shooting different formats in tibet :)

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: 中文(繁體版), 中文(繁體版), Português & 中文(简体版).