Petzval_header_october_2014_en

Movie Screening at Hollywood Forever Cemetery

A great and fun way to spend a hot summer night in Hollywood!

Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a final resting place for many of the Hollywood stars, and is a very beautiful cemetery located in Hollywood. What’s really interesting about the cemetery is the event they throw. Every summer, they have a movie screening in the cemetery on Saturdays. It’s out in the open and people bring blanket, pillow, chair, or whatever makes them comfortable while watching movie.

It’s a very fun atmosphere. People bring alcohol and food, and simply have fun! Many people do show up, so if you want to get a good spot, you should get there early. (gate opens at 7pm and the movie starts at 8:30) It’s a $10 donation to get in, but when they say donation, they pretty much force you to pay, so have $10 ready when you go! Unlike regular movie theater, people are everywhere and it’s hard to remember where you were once you leave your spot. When we were there, there was this one guy, looking for his spot for literally 20 minutes, and everyone was just cracking up to see him getting lost for that long:)

If you go on their website, you can choose to join their mailing list. Once you are on their mailing list, they will email you every week to let you know what movie they are playing next Saturday. They usually screen older film- when we went there, they were playing “Bullit” starring Steve McQueen.

After the screening, a DJ starts spinning some records, so you can still enjoy the night before you decide to leave! It’s a very great way to spend a Saturday night in the summer!

written by sugiyamasatomi

1. devrimarie

devrimarie

oh, i love this! I have yet to go to one of these.....maybe I will see you at one soon!

2. stouf

stouf

Ho yeah ! I love bullit ! With this insane car race without music... Just the super sound of engines... Such a cool scene...

3. jblaze823

jblaze823

This place is awesome, we went there a couple of months ago and watched The Muppet Movie. It is a great time. People are cheering when something good happens, booing and hissing when the bad guys are on screen, singing songs along with the movie characters, it's great. Everyone is there to have a good time and have fun.

4. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

@ jblaze823: Hahaha, I think you should've done the location for this because your once sentence describes the event way better than my 4 paragraphs! :D

5. jblaze823

jblaze823

@ sugiyamasatomi, hahaha sorry, I didn't mean to. I just think this is one of the coolest things to do in LA, where everybody comes together to have a good time.

6. sugiyamasatomi

sugiyamasatomi

@jblaze823: no, no. I'm glad you did. when i was writing this, I wasn't sure what else to write...I wish you were there to help me with that!:D

7. jblaze823

jblaze823

@ sugiyamasatomi, cool, I'm glad I could help with your review

8. anarchy

anarchy

Ooooh.... Bullit =)) That's great, I'd love to go see some classics at a cemetary, looks like loads of fun!!

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more

Nearby LomoLocations