Petzval_header_october_2014_en

Disneyland Resort Paris

Disneyland Paris is the most visited touristic attraction in the whole Europe.

Disneyland Resort Paris or Eurodisney is a huge place that belongs to the Walt Disney Company and it’s located in Marne-la-Vallée, about 32 km of Paris. Disneyland Paris is the most visited touristic attraction in the whole Europe. Disneyland Resort Paris consists of two parks: Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Paris, and a shopping place, Disney Village. Disneyland Paris is open since 12 April, 1992 and it is the second Disney resort opening outside the United States of America. Disneyland Paris is the park everybody has heard of and has large expectations; Walt Disney Studios Paris is much more related with cinema and the movie making theme – but still it’s very Disney.

There are a lot of stores and restaurants in The Village. Trying to completely recreate the “magic” of the Disney franchise, employees are not “staff” but “cast members”, the park is kept insanely clean, and everywhere you will find a perfectly running machine. To see everything in the park you will need at least two days because it’s huge and it’s very hard to see everything just in one day visit. In August 2008, Disneyland Resort Paris was the most visited attraction in Europe.

“To all who come to this happy place, welcome. Once upon a time, a master storyteller, Walt Disney, inspired by Europe’s best loved tales, used his own special gifts to share them with the world. He envisioned a Magic Kingdom where these stories would come to life, and called it Disneyland.

Now his dream returns to the land that inspired it. Euro Disneyland is dedicated to the young and the young at heart, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration for all the world." — Michael D. Eisner, 1 April 1992

written by janidays

1. paper_doll

paper_doll

beautiful work! :)

2. ivoryocean

ivoryocean

Thank you for sharing this location, lovely photos :}

3. stouf

stouf

So many fun subjects to shot there ! Lovely !

4. janidays

janidays

thanks everyone :D

5. lovesmesumcake

lovesmesumcake

The original Disneyland in California is and probably always will be my favorite (maybe just because I grew up a few hours away!) but I really enjoyed going to the Paris one because of how they modeled Tomorrowland after the works of Jules Verne, which I really liked when I was younger. What really bugged me is how much dirtier it is than the original one! The staff doesn't seem as friendly or as committed to you losing yourself a little bit and forgetting about reality (allowing smoking anywhere in the park is a downer too—smoking is strictly forbidden at the original Disneyland).

By far my favorite non-American Disneyland is Tokyo Disney Sea, which is actually on the ocean in Tokyo and is completely unlike anything I've ever seen. Most rides are water themed (save for a few, like the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" ride, which is a blast). From certain points in the park you can actually look over the wall that divides the park from the ocean. It's stunning and I'm really upset that my LC-A+ broke before I got there or else I would've taken mad pictures.

Anyway, that's completely irrelevant. I absolutely LOVE all of these photos, though!

6. janidays

janidays

@lovesmesumcake

thank you so muchhhh!! :D

Where is this?

Nearby popular photos – see more

Nearby LomoLocations