Analogue Day Activity: Buy real, tangible books in an actual book store.

When was the last time you visited a book shop? Not an online book shop, but an actual, physical book store. If you haven't been to one recently, now may be a great time to visit. If you're a bibliophile and a frequent book store visitor, well, it's just another day for you in paradise!

Photo by wilfbiffherb

As a full-fledged analogue reader, among my sources of thrill in life are libraries and book stores. To feel the weight of the books and their pages in my hands, to catch a whiff of sweet-smelling paper, to behold the sight of gorgeous book covers and interesting titles on the books’ spines — those are just pure ecstasy.

Today, I would like for you to treat yourself to a trip to a bookstore near you, and indulge yourself in the sights and smells that only an actual bookstore can offer. Run your hands on the books on display, turn the pages carefully, let a book call out to you before you buy it. If it’s a spacious bookstore, get lost in the aisles, pull out books from sections you rarely visit. Pick an inspiring photobook if you have to, or a fantastic fiction to tickle your imagination. Whatever you do, don’t rush yourself — slow down, take your time, savor every minute.

Trust me, you will be back for more.

written by plasticpopsicle

1. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

Last time I bought Lachapelle Land at flea market book/magazine name Cikapundung in Bandung, Indonesia =) http://www.lomograph(…)os/17842679

2. muhamad_haiz_shamsudin

muhamad_haiz_shamsudin

Holy wow! That's a bookstore only dreams are made of!!! Care to share the link or location, pretty please?

3. plasticpopsicle

plasticpopsicle

Dearest @coca, @wang-wang, @madda_lena, @artichekt, @tableware, and @wapclub, maybe you can tell us something about these lovely bookstores you snapped? :)

4. coca

coca

This bookstore is called Ateneo Grand Splendid and it's located in Buenos Aires, Argentina. http://www.lomograph(…)uenos-aires
    Thanks for add my picture in the selection @plasticpopsicle :)

5. tableware

tableware

Thanks for including my picture! The bookstore in my photo is called Hurlingham Books, and it's in Fulham High Street, London. I was exploring the area when my eye was caught by the barricade of books in the shop's window. @plasticpopsicle
  6. madda_lena

madda_lena

Thanks for chosing my picture! This bookshop is in Milan, along the Navigli, here sell second hand books, it's a lovely place!

7. plasticpopsicle

plasticpopsicle

You're welcome, @coca, @tableware and @madda_lena! :)

8. powoui

powoui

That one of my huge passion in my life, find old bookstores in each city I travel in ! I LOVE THAT

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Português.