Lca_120_september_2014_header

Perfect Combination: When Lubitel Meets the Lomo X-Pro Slide 200

When the Lomo X-Pro Slide 200 meets the Lubitel, it's a more than just simple magic.

It’s no fairy tale, no folklore or fantasy created as a means of escape from the harshness of reality. It’s neither a mythical being nor a make-believe king whose greediness for gold became his undoing.

It exists. It’s real. And it turns everything it touches into gold.

The Lomography X-Pro Slide 200 paints a golden hue over everything it captures and then leaves a trail of sparkling magic dust behind it, casting some sort of spell over your photographs.

And it’s that enchanting golden nature, which reminds me a lot of Southern California and in a way makes me feel like home, that attracted me to it in the first place.

But that magic is nothing compared to when this film pairs up with the legendary classic that is the Lubitel. The Lubitel’s lo-fi quirkiness is just perfect to soften the Lomo X-Pro Slide 200, making the photographs look not only magical but also inviting, warm with just a touch of the surreal.

When the Lomo X-Pro Slide 200 meets the Lubitel, it’s a more than just simple magic. It’s an explosion of energy greater than science or sorcery.

It’s destiny.

The Lubitel 166+ is a loving recreation of the Soviet-era classic. Based on a design that dates back over 60 years, this camera is updated with new features like the ability to shoot both 120 and 35mm film. Shoot mind-blowing images with the Lubitel 166+, available in our Online Shop.

The new Lomography X-Pro Slide 120 is made from the original Agfa RSX 200 emulsion. If you want whacked out colors, huge contrast, and insane saturation, this film is for you. See our selection of Lomography films here.

written by blueskyandhardrock

1. neanderthalis

neanderthalis

I am still having trouble trying to correctly expose my XPRO 200, it tends to come out darker than I like. Are you shooting it mostly at 200 ISO? Your shots come out so nice that I am jealous. My favorite thing to feed my Lubitel right now is Velvia 50 or Lomo Redscale XR 50-200 and shoot it at 50.

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  2. blueskyandhardrock

blueskyandhardrock

@neanderthalis at first I was going to say it's probably because it's a lot brighter here in California but I realized you live in Hawaii!! haha so I'm going to say that I don't know why yours come out darker. I shoot mine at 200, yeah. I develop everything myself and i just develop them normally, no push. Maybe it's my scanner's settings?

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  3. neanderthalis

neanderthalis

Thanks, perhaps I am just being conservative on my camera settings then. I just do not seem to get that bright glow from my pics. As for Hawaii, we have TONS of light and it was easy to overexpose when I first started shooting film. Thanks for responding :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  4. blueskyandhardrock

blueskyandhardrock

@neanderthalis no problem! I just saw that album, i think it was what you were talking about! let me know when you find out what's different! :D

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  5. zoezo

zoezo

I'm interested to know why you opted to use a hoover/gas mask in your photos? x

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  6. blueskyandhardrock

blueskyandhardrock

@zoezo wanted to do an end-of-the-world doomsday thing. unfortunately, the bright colors made the effect less creepy than i wanted... also thought that I would shoot it on Bixby Bridge in Big Sur but I couldn't do it cos there were too many cars driving past. will do it again but with a different film I guess and a more urban decay-type location...

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  7. zoezo

zoezo

Interesting. If you re-shoot you could wear a suit too, juxtaposed against a modern backdrop like a busy street, people staring at your would be quite eerie, confusing, but definitely eerie. x

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  8. blueskyandhardrock

blueskyandhardrock

@zoezo omg! that was my original idea! except my son didn't think he'd be too comfortable wearing a suit while hiking! lol i will def make him wear a suit in the next one! :D

over 1 year ago · report as spam