Petzval_preorder_header_kit

Now Available for Pre-Order - First Come, First Served

Can You Spot a Digital?

Do you have a trained eye for analogue? Take this test and find out!

As I was browsing through photos on the Lomography website, I realized that some photos seemed to scream “analogue” while others were slightly more ambiguous. I don’t feel as though I always can tell the difference between a digital and analogue photo at first glance. Sure, there are some of the obvious telltale signs – light leaks, vignetting, dust or scratches on the film, but it made me wonder…how many people in the lomo community can tell the difference between digital and analogue?

Below I have a mixture of digital and analogue photos. Can YOU tell which ones are analogue, and which are digital? Post your answers below if you think you know! (No cheating by looking at my home!)

written by 0live

1. fivedayforecast

fivedayforecast

5, 9, 12 for sure.

Maybe 1, 2, and 8.

2. steffie222

steffie222

1: Digital 2: digital 3: film 4:film 5:digital 6:digital 7: film 8: ? 9: film 10: film 11: film 12: Digital Where do we find answers?
  3. leesah1001

leesah1001

Digital: 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12 Film: 2, 3, 5, 7, 10, 11 Where are the answers?!
  4. steeef

i think analogue are: 11, 10 (but it has a strange color), 7 (but i think someone put up the satiation in a digital way. blue sky looks full of pixel), 4 (nice distortion and vignetting in the corners), 1 looks wunderfull, a little bit perfekt (clear lines) as taken with a digital camera - maybe the same cam like picture 7 ;) ...
  5. marypaulinem

analogue 2 3 4 5 8 10 11 digital 1 6 7 9 12
  6. 0live

0live

@steffie222 and @leesah1001 i will post the answers soon :)

7. modopolis

cool cool cool!!! 1 digital 2 digg 3 film 4 digital 5 digital 6 digital 7 film 8 film 9 film 10 digital 11 digital 12 film
  8. desibel

desibel

I'm usually pretty good with spotting the difference, but i might be wrong!
    1 digital, 2 digital, 3 analogue, 4 analogue, 5 digital, 6 digital, 7 analogue, 8 digital, 9 digital, 10 analogue, 11 analogue, 12 digital

9. alix-mansell

alix-mansell

Digital = 1,5,9,12

10. walasiteodito

walasiteodito

no answers yet?

11. 0live

0live

THE ANSWERS.............................

DIGITAL: #1, #2, #5, #6, #8, #9, #12

FILM: #3 (Kodak BW400CN scanned as color film); #4 (Lomo CN400); #7 (Lomo X-pro slide 200); #10 (Kodak BW400CN); #11 (Fuji Pro S 120)

Well done everyone!

12. holgardo

holgardo

Too data... You have posted the answer, but (If someone want to believe me) I had just one mistake before reading answers.

13. bsdunek

bsdunek

Kind of misleading. Analog doesn't have to be blurry and off color, and digital can be. If you compare a crappy plastic camera to a modern digital, yes, you can tell the difference, but a decent film camera will rival digital. I am a film guy, and have fun with my Holga's and 110 cameras, so I'm not saying that's not OK, it's just not the only thing.

over 1 year ago · report as spam

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Português, Nederlands & Italiano.