Black_friday_en

Love for the Diana F+: Warning

A story about a fashionista in Spain and her Diana F+. Read her interview and find out 5 things she believes Diana newcomers should know.

Hi there Warning!
Tell us a little about yourself…

I come from Spain. I work as a fashion designer and stylist. I consider myself an aesthete, disciplined, temperamental, stubborn (I am a Capricorn), sensitive, and passionate in everything I do. I always wake up in a good mood. I love nice people and nice things. My weaknesses are my daughter Noa, who also is my little muse, and food. I enjoy the simple things in life, I don’t need much to be happy, just as long as I have the love of my people, and that they are fine. Lomography makes me happy!

How did you first discover the Diana F+?

My first camera was the Fisheye 2. And I wanted to try a different format, something more “square”, so I decided on the Diana, and I think it is the best investment I have ever made! The Diana F+ is the one to blame for my addiction to creative photography.

Describe the Diana F+ in 5 words

Stylish, Nostalgic, Mysterious, Whimsical, Surprising

What’s your favorite feature of the Diana F+ and why?

The imperfection, vignetting, the vintage results… and also, it’s so pretty!!

If you could shoot any subject with the Diana F+, who or what would it be?

No doubt, Vincent Gallo.

Do you have any advice for Diana newcomers?

No. 1: If you want to take portraits, be careful with the framing. Be sure to leave some "air"" above the subject’s head, if you don´t want to become “the Headless Rider”.

No. 2: You must open the Diaphragm one more step if you use ISO 100 speed film, for example, choose partial clouds, on a sunny day.

No. 3: Don’t get too close to the subject or object, of your photos will be out of focus. There is a special lens for this.

No. 4: read the instructions.

No. 5: Don’t give up, if you follow these simple steps, the results will be amazing!

Happy Birthday Diana F+! Thank you for dazzling us with your multitude of talents and brilliant photos for 5 memorable years. We have some irresistible deals to celebrate this great event. Head to the Online Shop or Lomography Gallery Stores until September 17th and make the most of our special offers

written by ilkadj

1. wil6ka

wil6ka

you have to love everything about Tania <3

2. guinastrapazi

guinastrapazi

nice interview and lovely photos at all :))

3. 5thdimension

5thdimension

@wil6ka Indeed I do !

4. neja

neja

never succeeded with any of Dianas... sold all of them

5. warning

warning

@neja I guess Diana is "love you, hate you". I have that relationship with it ;) but I love it much more.

6. neja

neja

@warning I just couldn't deal with such a huge amount of disappointment...I do prefer Holga and Lubitel in terms of medium format.... And, LCA and Horizon for 35 mm....

7. warning

warning

@neja clever girl. I can´t stop to shoot with Lubitel right now. Horizon and Lc-a are indispensables in my luggage on vacation. I can´t talk about Holga, I haven´t any, but I love pictures it takes. I think Diana´s design is prettiest than this.

8. rbruce63

rbruce63

Outstanding photographs and article too! The color saturation is amazing!

9. neja

neja

@warning I just saw some of ur LUBITELeS- they r marvelous!!!
    I only mastered this camera few month ago.
    I had it for years ( brand new) but was afraid of it. Now I can't live without it!
    I used to do a lot of Holga shots, but not anymore- it went crazy somehow and now all the shots look like a long exposure...
    but Holga was the 1st camera I won back in 2003 for the lomohome of the day, so I will always love it!

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: ภาษาไทย, Nederlands, Spanish, Deutsch & 日本語.