I lent my Actionsampler to my friend Alicia and she become "lomographer" for a day. Do you want to see what she did?
Maybe you can recognize her face because she is in a lot of pics in my lomohome.
I chose her because I know she loves photography and she is always interested in my cameras and photographs. So I decided to lend her one of my analogue cameras during one of the days we spent with our friends in El Medano during the Holy Week. She chose the Actionsampler or “the movement´s camera” as she says.
I developed the film and I sent her the results. Then I interviewed her asking for the experience.
- When was the last time you shot with an analogue camera?
I think it was 6 years ago.
- How would you describe the experience?
First it was exciting but afterwards I feel a bit disappointed with the results
- Which is the pic that you liked the most and why?
I like the one with the shadow, I love the silhouette and the contrast
- Imagine you have the the ability to teleport, where would you go with this camera and a lot of film?
Never Never Land. Because there are a lot of children, colors and movement. And there are no parents telling you what to do, so you can take a lot of interesting photos.
- Which analogue camera would you use?
A Canon reflex camera.
- After trying the Actionsampler , would you like to shoot with analogue cameras again?
I start itching for it…
- What do you think about the current trend towards vintage and analogue stuff?
I think it is romantic, but on the other hand, I think that it has brought creative photography nearer to a lot of people.
And here are the photos that Alicia took. I understand that she was a little disappointed with the results. I felt the same with my first shots with the Actionsampler. Most of people and objects were out of the frame. But I like her pics a lot.
What do you think about the results?. Write something in the comments to encourage her to shoot again with analogue cameras. Thanks a lot.
The Actionsampler Chrome snaps up a series of four images on one 35mm print. This multilens camera records your subject’s movement and is now coated in sleek silver. See it with the rest of our Multilens cameras here!