Community_cup_july_2014
0 : 5

Monday 12:00 CET to Tuesday 12:00 CET – Build 5 LomoWalls which represent your love for analogue – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Tuesday 12:00 CET to Wednesday 12:00 CET – Write a blog entry about why you love analogue photography – Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 50

Wednesday 12:00 CET to Thursday 12:00 CET – Upload 50 Photos - Reward: 5 Piggies

0 : 1

Thursday 12:00 CET to Sunday 21:00 CET – Who do you think will win the huge climax to the football fiesta in Brazil? Take a lucky strike and make your guess in our magazine article - Reward: 10 Piggies

All About 110 Film

The 110 film format was introduced by Kodak in 1972. Have you had the chance to shoot with this kind of film? Most us already know about the 35mm and 120 film format. But what about 110? Find out more after the break.

In 1963, Kodak released a series of cameras they called Instamatic. These cameras gained popularity and were very successful, as they were easy to use and reasonably priced, too. This was a response to consumer complaints regarding loading and unloading films. The first Instamatic cameras used 126 film, but in 1972 Kodak released another film for their cameras – the 110 format.

The cartridge-based film was smaller in size than its predecessor, measuring at only 13 × 17mm per frame. It was 16mm wide, having one perforation on each frame to aid in advancing the film. Just like the 126 film, the 100 has a paper backing that has frame numbers printed on it. The Instamatic cameras had a window that would allow the user to see the frame number currently being shot.

View some 110 shots from our community members:

Sources for this article include this post from Kodak Collector, the Wikipedia entry on 110 Film, and this post on Camerapedia.

written by jeanmendoza

1. hughh

hughh

Great photos! Do you know if anyone still makes this format? I've looked for it before but the only thing I could find was 10 years expired

2. guanatos

guanatos

wow I used to have a mickey mouse camera with 110!!! looong time ago

3. adam_g2000

adam_g2000

My first camera was a hand-me-down kodak instamatic that belonged to my mother. I used to use this stuff exclusively as a kid in the 80's!

4. veronica_glass

veronica_glass

j'aime ce genre d'images
    je vais faire des recherches

5. neutral-grey

neutral-grey

I think the camera designers at Lomo should make a sweet little 110 camera and maybe even make some 110 film. Just a thought ; )

6. rjltrevisan

rjltrevisan

I have the feeling that the guys at Lomography are planning 110 films and camera! And I say I'll be the first one in the line to get them!

7. leelovesbikestoo

leelovesbikestoo

A tiny 110 format 'spy' camera would really compliment their product range (hint hint). However, I remember having a Kodak 110 camera back in the 80s when I was growing up, and the prints from such a small negative aren't the best, especially from a cheap'n'cheerful camera; The lens would have to be good quality to make it worthwhile in my opinion. The rest of it? Just make it as plasticky as a Holga!
  8. alix-mansell

alix-mansell

I once got one of these in a Christmas cracker. It looked a bit like this: http://exmosis.net/p(…)rheadz-110/

9. narando001

narando001

Sameone any idea on where I can buy them? I bought a 110 Holga, and I know where to develop the film, but finding it is almost impossible!

10. moszewing

110 Film WANTED >_<
  11. jimeh

jimeh

I started shooting on 110 a couple of weeks ago, takes me back to when I was a kid. Only 110 film I can find is on ebay but it CAN be found if you keep an eye out for it. If Lomo starts making 110 film that would be the bomb. My Canon 110ED would be forever grateful. ;P
  12. _marie

_marie

Someone know where to develop the film, in Paris ?? ;) 'cause I don't find...
  13. wil6ka

wil6ka

I have a great 110 Minolta SLR, really great fun to use a SLR again :)

14. fizzynothing

fizzynothing

I got a 110 at a car boot sale. The film's still in it, but I can't find anyone who still develops it or even 110 film.

15. stipley

stipley

Really hope lomography do something with a 110 :)

16. jvujnovi

fizzynothing,

I found a mail order palce online - oldschoollab.com - that does 110. Hope it helps.

17. bridgetj

bridgetj

I also used this stuff a LOT as a kid. I even remember the special cutting machine for 110 film & prints at the photo processing plant I worked at in the early 90s. Hmmm. Wonder if my parents still have any of our old 110 cameras floating around, packed away in the attic? I sense an attic excursion in the summer heat soon...

18. cpetratos

cpetratos

I just bought a mini-holga that takes 110 film and I can't wait to try it! I remember this film from when I was in high school taking pictures!
  19. jensbertram

jensbertram

Great but i have a "pentacon K16" from east germany and the perforation wants to bee in the middle of the film. Left and right beside the frames sometimes will lomo modify the new film and than lives my old K16 :)

20. kingofthebeach

kingofthebeach

Lomography have started making 110 film! Only in black and white for now though :)

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Nederlands, Français, Русский, Československy, Deutsch, Spanish, 한국어, Italiano, Português & 日本語.