Can you keep a secret? I think, more than a plain or casual reader, I have become a bibliophile. How or why, let me tell you after the jump!
With so many of you having shared 15 of your most memorable books, it could only mean that many still find joy in reading books the analogue way. Now, I feel the need to confide in you, my fellow book lovers, with a confession of a bibliophile of some sort:
1. Whenever the need to purchase books arises, I rarely run to the posh bookstores or buy the latest titles. I head to bargain bookstores, where many hidden gems lie to be discovered—all for affordable prices!
2. If you need to meet me in a mall but can’t find me, chances are, I’ve run off to a bookstore (or two).
3. Good things come to those who dig. With this mantra in mind, I often spend an hour or two scouring bookstores for interesting titles (much to the dismay of those who decide to “shop” with me!).
4. I often turn to a book to lull me to sleep, but sometimes, I end up reading for hours. Flashlight with a book cracked open under the sheets? Been there, done that. Sometimes, I won’t stop until the brink of daybreak.
5. One of my biggest dreams is to build my own library at home. I think I may well be on my way there, since I’m already running out of shelves for my books!
I believe that you, my fellow analogue readers out there, also have a confession to make. Can you tell me and the rest of the book-loving community out there your bibliophile secrets?