I’ve only shot a few times with the LomoKino but I already love the results. I’m just an average Lomographer on my other camera of choice (the LC-A+) but seem to be magically drawn to this crazy beast. He and I are going to be good friends, I know it. I can’t wait to see my next films but in the meantime I have learnt a lot from my first attempts – So here are some tips for you before you try your own!
1. Space – Be free to run with your LomoKino – if it makes you feel like skipping. Do it.
2. Light and sky – The more the better; the LomoKino images are so wide that the world looks super great.
3. Kids – the perfect subject for this lovely piece of kit. Even kids that aren’t with you will be drawn to you and start showing off in front of this camera.
4. Speed – Kids move fast so you will have to wind fast too or they will just pop in and out like they have done (a bit) on this film.
5. Smiles – This camera makes everyone happy so capture all those smiles and they will seem ten times brighter on your LomoKino film.
6. Close – Get close and stay far, the contrast is totally lovely.
7. Breathe – Stop winding for a moment; chill, think and compose your film – otherwise the film will be finished before you’ve found your funk.
8. Fiddle – add, edit, doodle, draw, splice…enjoy the edit!
9. Share – Make sure that all your subjects get to see themselves in your glorious stop motion film.
10. Buy plenty of film – This is addictive stuff.
Bringing analogue back to the movies with a bang in the 21st century, the LomoKino is a Lomography movie camera that shoots spectacular, creative movies on all kinds of 35mm film. Head to the Microsite, watch some Movies and begin your analogue movie-making journey today!