Lomoinstant_en

Leaves All Around...with a Camera I Made Myself

This Autumn for my birthday, I was incredibly lucky to get a Recesky Gakkenflex camera kit and I tested my first roll around Kirkstall Abbey in the Autumn sunshine!

I’d seen photos taken with this camera by my fellow camera enthusiast friends Unai and Cesar and I was totally captivated by the idea that it was a camera that you built yourself from a kit and I knew that I had to have one and luckily I got one for my birthday from some of my friends.

This camera was so fun to put together, especially as some of the instructions weren’t translated correctly (right was left, left was right, etc.) so we had to guess a lot from the photos but I highly recommend it if you want to try it.

I love Leeds in the Autumn, especially around Kirkstall Abbey. It’s the perfect place to test cameras.

I have a great feeling about this camera — it’s everything a plastic toy camera should be — it’s fun, it’s experimental, it’s unique, and it gives some interesting effects. It’s easy to do multiple exposures and I love the lens flare. It’s light, compact, and it feels even better in your hands for knowing how it’s constructed and also for the knowledge that it has a missing screw somewhere (haha, oops, the instructions are fun to decipher).

written by easilydistracted

1. susielomovitz

susielomovitz

love the soft focus! :D.

2. wuxiong

wuxiong

nice fotos..<:)

3. dogtanian

dogtanian

i just ordered on of these a couple of days ago, cant wait for it arrive!!

4. superlighter

superlighter

great results! mine is waiting to be assembled for months now!! why I'm so lazy!?

5. sedgetone

sedgetone

It was the best £10 I ever spent, it's simply a beautiful little camera. I was thinking of buying a second in order to try and add a hotshoe to it. I decided against it though as the viewfinder is a bit too dim to be able to focus in low light. Everyone who loves the analogue way of life should get one.

6. nabilanabolo

@easilydistracted excuse me. i know this is an old post. i have a question. is the focus ring hard to twist?? mine is, and before you ask, i already twist both lens all the way don to the opening. is this supposed to happen?? thanks awesome review!
    over 1 year ago · report as spam
  7. easilydistracted

easilydistracted

@nabilanabolo Hi, I'm not sure if its meant to happen, but my focus ring is quite hard to turn too - I think its because they fit quite tightly together.

over 1 year ago · report as spam