Petzval_header_october_2014_en

What's in Your (Camera) Bag?

Many of us occasionally get curious about what's inside someone's bag. But have you ever wanted to rummage inside a fellow photographer's bag? A newly-launched website feeds your curiosity with photos and videos of photographers and their weapons of choice--mostly delicious analogue goodies!

All of us are all too familiar with that nagging feeling to pry open a film photography buddy’s camera bag during a a photowalk. In preparation for the World Photography Day, let’s take a look at a newly-launched website that has just the right stuff for the curious, the enthusiast, and the inquisitive: generous servings of photos and videos showcasing the camera collections of both budding and established photographers!

Dubbed CameraBag.TV, the website was established “to celebrate the image makers and highlight the beauty and style of the camera.” Aside from photos, visitors are also treated to videos of photographers sharing something about their arsenal of cameras, weapons of choice, shooting style, and the masterpieces they have taken. It’s an interesting venue where photography enthusiasts can learn something from seasoned pros, and emerging photographers can present their promising works.

How about you, what’s in your camera bag? Let’s start a camera bag discussion! Tell us about the usual analog goodies that make it to your everyday camera bag with a comment below!

written by plasticpopsicle

1. rrohe

rrohe

My typical lomo outing consists of ~3-4 cameras stuffed in a brown zipper lidded case slung over my shoulder. #1 is a Mamiya/Sekor 500dtl that my father purchased on his way to Vietnam and I subsequently inherited when I found it in a closet as a boy. Then, a toy camera (diana mini, sardina, recesky tlr). Then a Yashica 44a loaded w/ 35mm film (<3 sprockets!). After those, it's just a case of how I'm shooting. The 4th may be another 500dtl w/ redscale to #1's black and white, or the Bencini Comet S.

2. jonalon

jonalon

Diana(and a range of lenses), the camera that i'm currently testing, an SLR depending on the situation, phone and some cash :)

3. nfxfsx

nfxfsx

Usually pack my bag with various films and the two lovely LC's (A+ and Wide).

4. kiteflyin

kiteflyin

The bag I started using as a camera bag is kinda small, over the shoulder purse, but works. Diana, Diana flash, La sardina, cable release, and a few extra rolls of film. I might bring along another cam if I feel like it.

5. aroninvt

aroninvt

My bag consists of an Olympus PEN E-PL1 (DSLR), a Holga lens for the Olympus, La Sardina, and Minolta Maxxum 7000. But in frequent rotation are a vintage Spartus Fullvue (1940), a Diana F+, a Time Magazine toy camera, Fujica ST601 (SLR). Usually a couple of various rolls of film floating around and some colored filters and that's about it!

6. plasticpopsicle

plasticpopsicle

Wow, awesome stuff you guys have in your camera bags!

I often stuff my trusty Nikon FE2, LC-A+, Vivitar UWS, and Yashica Electro 35 GSN in my camera bag for a photowalk or travel. I usually shoot with any ISO 200 and/or 400 color negatives... I feel lucky if I can throw in some slide films as well!

7. tomkiddo

tomkiddo

my bag is quite big so sometimes i stuff irrelevant things into it such as food and sunglasses :) it consists of a Nikon D5000, a Nikor flash, my Holga 135 BC, a holga 160 colour flash, a roll of film, an Olympus Mju II and some batteries :)

8. natalieerachel

natalieerachel

I really want cool cameras like those...I kinda wish lomo sold them :(
    But I usually don't take alllll of my cameras when I go out, usually my Canon EOS Elan II, but I have a bunch of other cameras!

9. lilo

lilo

Depending on the day, I will stuff my Diana F+ (with flash and some lenses), a Fisheye2, Spinner360, Holga mini, and Sprocket Rocket into my bag. Also some film and sometimes my old SLR Canon 50E. If I can't take all of them, then at least the Diana and/or Holga mini come along, with some extra film.

10. pedrodasht

pedrodasht

I always take 4 Camera's in my camera bag 2 Digital and 2 Analog. Analog being LC-A+ and the Sprocket Rocket or Holga .. and Digital being a Leica M8 + Sony NEX 5 for HD Video
  11. marije

marije

On a regular day, I only have one camera with me, usually being the one that still has film in it or the newest addition to my ever growing camera shelf. Right now that's the glorious LC-A+. :) I also make sure to always have an extra roll of film on me, mostly ISO 400.
    When travelling or when I'm specifically going out to shoot, I'll have 2-3 analogue camera's on me, sometimes accompanied by a digital compact. I usually bring my LC-A+, Holga 135BC and Diana Mini, all loaded with different types of film (slide, color negative and b&w). Plus plenty of extra film, a tripod, cable release and a flash.

12. runbantayrun

runbantayrun

usually, my bag's loaded with my pentax p30n with either 28mm or 50mm lens and lately with my dianaf+. coupled with a moleskine, pencils, and an extra roll of 120 and 135mm films. extra batteries too because that old pentax really eats them up real fast.

13. supraphonic

supraphonic

I typically carry all my cameras in my backpack. I try to use each of them through the week depending on the situation and/or film. I keep my 1977 Pentax K1000 in the bag as well as a Holga 120CFN, Holga 120 Pin Hole, Sprocket Rocket, and last but certainly not least, my beloved Diana Mini. They each are unique in their own qwerky way and are fun to use and experiment with. I have found that 800 ASO film always gets the best results for me and my Diana Mini. I love red scale film but Red Scale 100 is a total waste of money, time and effort. Lomography Red Scale XR 50-200 has yielded the best results for me. Also, I love my holga's but frustrated with only getting 12 exposres (6x6) because I prefer the square pics. So I tried 220....BIG MISTAKE, for many reason. Avoid it! Holga's, Diana Mini's and Sproket Rocket are so simple to use, I carry them with me everywhere I go.
  14. nattykins

nattykins

I only buy big bags now that I know I can get at least 2 cameras in. The cameras in my bag are usually dependent on the weather. Dull days normally mean I have my Olympus Trip 35, Sprocket Rocket and Fisheye 2 or DIana with me. Sunny days mean my LC-A, Supersampler and Oktomat get a look in. I usually now have my Kodak Brownie 127 with me all the time as Ive only just started using it and want to find its strengths and its not so strong shooting conditions.

15. domo-guy

domo-guy

My Bag = Slurplife sling bag = Diana f+ + Diana f+ flash + babylon 4 + El Captain Sardina + Fritz the Blitz flash + small pouch carrying Diana lenses and viewfinders and Fritz the Blitz flash filters and batteries and film + wallet + Nintendo Dsi + earphones + smaller pouch carrying Nintendo games. You won't believe how hard it is to take out a camera...

16. iskandar

iskandar

I only load my bag with LC-A+, Superheadz UWS, Diana Mini, Superheadz Golden Half & Fisheye2 including Diana F+ flash & Ringflash...hurm..too much stuff to pack into that small bag & I'm OK with that :)

17. slumbrnghok

slumbrnghok

Cool thread! I have my desderi robot 3 with me wherever I go now. Even if I'm just going round the corner to the shops. I also have a Holga 120N and a Superheadz Goldenhalf and a Holga flash that fits them both. I also use a Canon EOS300 35mm SLR. I usually take a few extra films in case I find myself with something particularly interesting to shoot. I carry all this in a Vans Rucksack.

18. vidrarvel

vidrarvel

On a regular day I take my Diana Mini with me, which is good because it's small and lightweight, yet it has all a lomographer can ever dream of: multiple exposures capability, two formats, variable focus distance, etc. When I'm in an artistic mood, I take a Zenit 12XP which is a great SLR camera which can be tweaked in many ways. It's really heavy though. :) When I'm on a definite ('ultimate', whatever) LomoWalk, I have my Diana F+ with me with all the accessory lenses and a splitzer, and the Zenit, both typically loaded with ISO 200 film (nowadays expired Kodak Gold - can't wait for the developed pictures) but sometimes it's Lomography ISO 400. All the best, Tamas

19. gabri-holguin

gabri-holguin

LC-A of course! :D

20. sebastianerras

sebastianerras

When I go out here in Paris for a Lomowalk, I usually have the Diana F+, the Holga 120 GFCN, a Hasselblad 500cm and a SX-70 with me and oof course lots of 120mm rolls of film :-).

21. sobiksaabik

sobiksaabik

Zenit 12XP with Jupiter 37A 135 on my neck, Helios 44-4m, Tair-3S 300, lots of 72mm filters, Diana Mini, SprocketRocket and lots of films in my bag.

22. renenob

renenob

XA and LC-A+, and extra film.

23. crazyglinc

crazyglinc

to many bits to even try and hav a regular bag,usrall just have a camera maybe a flash if its lucky,currently doing the instant thing with fuji stuff and the impossible project film range (their monochrome silver shade is excellent,the colour stuff is experimental but it works with care),i have a diana instant back on the way want to see how the fisheye lens works with it,(truth be told i havent used my dian yet,but have used the mini but have yet to to scan my negs from it)the overall plan is to run film through every camera iv got as well as documenting the cameras themselvs,the camera cocumentation so far

24. motionpicture

motionpicture

My camera bag is a hand bag, I bought a new one with a nice big pocket in the middle which holds my Diana, a couple of spare lenses, colour splash flash, a tiny mini tripod, a couple of gel filters and a wee note pad and pencil (to try keep track of my experiments).
    I've also found a two compartment padded childrens lunch box made a handy camera bag.

25. tjbeard8985

tjbeard8985

My camera bag houses my LC-A+ and Pentax K1000 SE at all times. I also keep my splitzer, two flashes, at least 3 extra rolls of film, and lens cleaning tissues in it. Somehow my headphones always seem to end up in there too.

26. sophia_lo

sophia_lo

normally girls' bag are only put wallets, mirror and cosmetics, but mine is Backpack. Besides my mobile phone and wallets, I'll keep my La Sardina, Fisheye2, UWS, Mini Instant 7s, and some films! After fall in love with Analogue, no more small bag for me. I'll only outing with my backpack! >.<

27. jiu

jiu

mine is definitely my beloved diana mini and superheadz. They are so light and small in size which allows me carrying them all the time, in different occasions!! And as they have different formats, this allows me to take pictures with different styles!! So obsessed with them<3

28. alex34

alex34

I usually have just one camera to represent 35mm and one to deliver 120 film shots, plus lens wipes, cable releases etc. So the 35mm tends to be either my Beierettte or Werramat (latter is absolutely fail-proof in my experience, beautifully engineered) and the 120 will be one of my TLRs (Weltaflex, Lubitel, Mamiya) or (more recently) the enormous SLR Pentacon Six.

29. annunaki

annunaki

It changes every week or so, but right now it's: - Gakkenflex (built from the book kit) - Mamiya 645 - Holga 120GN - Superheadz Black Slim Devil - Polaroid Spectra 1200si - Olympus Trip 35 (one of my favorites!)
  30. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

My bag is rather small, and I like to travel light, so I normally take my Holga (for B&W) and LC-A (for colour/X-pro) everywhere I go. If I plan a special shooting, I also take my Minolta X-700 and my Pentacon Six, but I find they are too big and heavy to carry around all the time- and I find that it can be nice to be "limited" to few gadgets only, because it makes me focus on the picture as such and not the techniques. Because ultimately, it's the photographer who counts, not the camera :)

31. iandevlinphoto

iandevlinphoto

It depends what im shooting i have an analogue and digital bag my analogue bag has all my lomocams and my olympus om-10 some filters and some film and some money. my digital bag has two dslr bodies 4/5 lenses a range of memory and a flash gun a set of triggers. :)

32. plasticpopsicle

plasticpopsicle

It's really great to learn about what you guys are bringing with you, whether for travel, photowalk, or impromptu shoot! I'm amazed that some are bringing out the big guns! Let's keep this camera bag discussion rolling!

33. wn7ant

wn7ant

All my digital shooting is done from my iPhone. Analog toys include: LC-A, Lubitel 166B, Holga with hipshoot mod, and my Instax 50s. I have a close up (macro) lens for everything, an IR filter for the Holga, and a small tripod.

34. bschaeffer8330

Usually I am carrying my Holga 120N, my Pentax flash with gels, fisheye, cable release, changing bag, a ton of Fuji Superia X-Tra 35mm rolls, simple filter set, my lens-cap-turned-splitzer, a microfiber cloth, and my sketchbook and charcoals for those long bus rides around town.
  35. antibiotyx

antibiotyx

my camera bag is always a mess. haha. it used to have dividers, but i removed them to fit my cameras. whenever i go out, i often bring my L-CA+ and diana mini, at least two rolls of film, and my broken-yet-still-reliable colorsplash flash. traveling is a different story. my camera bag is way too small for my cams, so i just use a big tote bag. bringing the heavy ones like spinner or zenit is always a challenge.

36. queloyo

queloyo

i usually carry a vivitar v4000 (pretty heavy), a slave flash, a home-made set of flash filters, 2 magnifiyng glasses (really helpful for macro shots), a lens cap with a pinhole for "pinholing" the picture, a parasol i took from a telescope, a beier beirette vsn (sometimes), a vivitar t101 and an extra roll of 35mm film. so imagine how bulky it is and how complicated is to get something out of there.
  37. gelagoo

gelagoo

Depending on my set-up or plan for that day, but I make sure I have one digital and one film body with me, and then a Fujifilm film hardcase stuffed with 35mm film. The link above is one of the many variations I have.

38. xiaoxi

xiaoxi

If I am out for a shooting spree, I will bring along my white Olympus xz-1, my white Diana Mini and my white instax 7s. Pack a few spare films for my instax and probably one extra roll of film for my Diana Mini.
  39. welland

welland

Recently its been an LC-A+, Supersampler a 6 year expired single use camera for the big film swap and lots of chocolate :)

40. bubblylicious

bubblylicious

My camera bag is just a small bag with velcro’s as dividers. It’s supposed to fit a mid-range DSLR + 1 battery pack + 1 extra lens. But me, I managed to fit in 6-8++ of my analog cams inside. :)

Usual travel days, I stuff the following inside my bag: Fisheye 2, Diana Mini + flash, Holga 135, Olympus XA + A11 flash, Minolta 110 Autopak, Blackbird, Fly, Supersampler or Actionsampler (for sunny days), Holga 110 (fits anywhere because of its size), Holga 120 CFN. Plus a few more accessories: cable release, 2 more flashes, sponges + electric tape + rubber bands (just in case, for sprocket mode). And of course, loads and loads of film stash: 135mm, 120mm, slides, B&W, and my spare redscaling spool (just in case).

For normal days (e.g., travel to the office), I bring just 1-2 of my cams, either Diana Mini and/or Minolta 110 Autopak. :)

41. fmadera

fmadera

I have a traveling notebook system, with the brass pencil case then full with needle point, fountain and brush pens, all with extra patron. My moleskin agenda and then the Freitag notebook with the atoma-punch system. Then Cameras: Amsterdam Vena BOX, how could I learn photography in Holland without a Dutch camera, then the Vena Venaret. the sister of the BOX, so that it doesnt feel lonely. Then MY Holga 120 WPC with cable release and the 10 m. extender. Postcards from my home town to show people where I come from. The "portafotos" wtih 3 pics 5 by 5 cm. of my most precious gems: my family . Then any assortment of film helps, preferably Velvia 50 or Provia 100 120mm. Now lets talk about the professional system: Mamiya 7ii: regular lens, moderate tele-lens and wide angle lens. Mamiya 645 Junior with standard lens (for the moment) I am still looking for the pro. there U got it family of 5 cameras. dont forget the Ipod, headphones, lots of chewing gum and Muji mini post its that prove to be the best method to archive all sorts of photographic materials.

42. kuryzu

kuryzu

Bunch of films and of course my lovely LC-A+

43. may2812

may2812

I carry a HUGE bag just so i can fit as many cameras as i can into it. on a normal day i would carry at the very least 5 cameras in my bag, the must have would be my Fisheye, and Diana F+, sprocket rocket, action sampler, La Sardina. and some days when i know i'll be going some where that's worth taking loads of pictures and i'll have lots of family and friends i'll bring my digital camera, my Nikon FM2 plus several lens, Polaroid sun 60, my diana F+ plus the instant back and the other 5 cameras listed above. and i carry a range of films 100iso-800iso and some redscale and lady grey film. i would normally have just enough space in my bag for my cameras, some essentials and if i have to i'll bring a separate bag for my stuff. :)
  44. cutebun

cutebun

I carry my diana Mini, actionsampler, canon junior dx, recesky, films and personal belongings

45. kinawesome

kinawesome

I usually manage to carry these things with me: Canon 500D dslr, Holga 135 TIM with flash, La Sardina, No 1 Fish Eye. I usually throw in some films in there as well and an extra memory card. I need a bigger bag to actually fit in all of my cameras. lol :D
  46. yankeemiss

yankeemiss

I have many camera bags depending on what I'm taking, where I'm going and for how long. But my film cameras include a Holga, two Zero Image pinholes, a Diana and an old Hasselblad. I might throw in my digital Canon dSLR and G10 pocket camera. My backpack gets heavier and heavier. Sometimes I'll throw just my Holga in my purse and go. It's nice to just go light and with one camera because it forces you to do only one type of photography

47. I can't afford a Lomo camera unfortunately.. :/ All i got is a Hasselblad H4D-200ms with phase one back...
  48. icuresick

icuresick

Payamangan pala dito!
    Horizon Perfekt and plenty of films. Masabi lang! hahaha

49. holgadd

holgadd

holga starter kit multicolor is my eyes..anywhere and anytime!
    lol..

50. izaiza

izaiza

Depends the days, the weather and how many bags I can carry at the same time.
    Specially in my <3 my lc-a tattoo, cheers!

51. chabankuh

chabankuh

My camera bag consists of my Argus C3, GE-DW68 selenium light meter, My Canon AE-1 with a Canon 50mm f/1.4 and Magnicon 28mm f/2.8 macro, and a couple rolls of expired fuji superia 200 (got 20 rolls at the local goodwill for 25 cents each)
  52. reneg88

reneg88

The one camera I ALWAYS carry is my LC-A+, then usually other times I carry my Minolta SR-T 102, Ricoh 500, Diana F+, and Diana Mini. I always take my Horizon Perfekt when I'm going sight seeing. And other times I just pick whichever of the other zillion cameras I have depending on where I'm going to ^_^

53. mikahsupageek

mikahsupageek

It depends... If i'm just on a lomowalk with @sebastianerras for example :p I usually have in my tote bag, a Diana or Holga, a Polaroid, a Hasselblad 500C/M. But when I go on vacation for a couple of days, my photo backpack is stuffed with most of my cameras, in order of preference: Hasselblad 500C/M, Lubitel 166+, Nikon FM, Horizon Perfekt, Diana/Holga, Polaroids, LC-A and depending on the space left in my bag, whatever i can take with me =) Obivously tote and backpack also stuffed with loads of 120 films =)

54. stratski

stratski

I don't really have a separate camera bag. My regular (smallish) bag usually carries a book for in the train, my lunch, a bicycle pump (because I'm too lazy to mend my flat tyre), my wallet and one or two camera's. What camera tends to depend on the book. Small pocket = heavy camera (SLR, TLR, bulky old box camera) or more than one camera. Big hardcover = small plastic camera (supersampler, Olympus XA, pinhole). In between book = smallish but heavier camera (Olympus Trip, Braun Paxette).

55. victork

victork

depends on what I feel like using.. Mainly I take my Hasselblad 500CM and my SX-70 with me.. For fast shots, I take my Contax G-1 or my EOS 650 with a 50mm f1.4 Carl Zeiss ZE lens. When I want to travel a bit lighter but still use medium format, I take my Rolleicord, sometimes also the Canon F1or my Polaroid image elite.. And then a lot of fuji across 100 or fomapan

56. crian

crian

i got 1 digital 4 analog in my bag. my digital is a sony nex 3. i love her campact style. for some lomo stuff i got a holga 135 and then there is a olympus xa, revueflex ac1 und a minolta maxxum 7000. i got also a konica c35, but it mostly rests in the cupboard. currently im looking for a "new" minolta for my rokkor lenses. thy want to get used on analog and not only digital on the nex.
  57. laurasulilly

laurasulilly

wow, i did read every single post and i honestly feel like i carry almost nothing compared to most others here...and i use only 4 cameras regularly, everyone else seems to be harbouring a whole army! amazing!

58. houda21

houda21

I don't have one specific bag for my camera but all my Kiplings do just the job for it. I take my Diana mini + flash and my new 4 lens 35mm camera which I actually got free from Kipling. Maybe a couple of films too.

59. neville-ross

neville-ross

I have a Minolta Maxxum 5000 AF with a zoom lens that I recently bought secondhand for $40.00 Canadian at a local flea market in July, and I've been taking pictures with it for a while. Some of them have turned out crappy (probably due to the zoom lens) but the rest that I've not developed yet are still in the fridge. I recently got a shock when black & white pictures I took of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosplay">cosplayers</a> at a recent sci-fi convention in Burlington, Ontario late last month turned out to be crap, except for a few pictures-and these were taken with Ilford film (the type with the green lettering on the box and the film roll.) If it had not for my having a digital camera with me as backup, it would have been a total disaster. I also have a Holga 135 that I should get back to using sometime soon that I purchased a few years ago; the pictures were not that great due to my not being able to wind the film right. I also have a Samsung NV40 digital camera that I use to take pictures that I've had since last year, but if I can afford to get a DSLR, I'll be ditching that one. I've been wondering about how to get a Lomo LC3 for a lot lower price than it sells for. I just may take Lomography pics with my Holga for what's left of the summer, and post them here eventually. As for what I carry my camera(s) in? I use a big black bag (one of two) I got for free due to my being a volunteer at the NXNE music festival this year; it can hold two cameras and film. My pictures are mostly of objects, buildings and <i>some</i> people, if they strike me a being interesting enough.
  60. hollyolly-tea

hollyolly-tea

can i use a suitcase? or a Mary Poppins bag? i have so many cameras i might start my own museum haha

61. hollyolly-tea

hollyolly-tea

62. kiwikoh

kiwikoh

I always try to restrained myself from putting too many camera in my bag. It usually be a LC-A+ or a Yashica Electro 35 with a random Lomo camera plus two rolls of spare film, a cable release, a small tripod and a light meter if necessary. The camera in my bag right now is LC-A+ and Lubitel 166+.

63. courtneygawthorp8193

courtneygawthorp8193

My daily "purse" is actually the black Lomography TPE Sidekick. Inside, I keep my Diana F+, her flash, a battery, a pack of lomography film (right now it's a pack of Lomography B&W 120 100 film), my journal from Urban Outfitters, 2 pens, a pencil, lipgloss, a lighter, a hairbrush/mirror, and my college lanyard with my keys on it.

64. orenji_

orenji_

Sometimes, it depends on the occasion. If I'm with my family, maybe a long trip out, I'd be sure to bring my Canon AE-1 accompanied by a digital Canon 60D. But if it's just with friends, and dinner or a trip to the theme park. I'll be bring my Diana F+, Fujica GER and an Olympus Pen EED for some fun half frames :D. My camera satchel is pretty big so they all fit comfortably inside. Plus, I'd slide some films in. Some Kodak Ektar 100, Fuji Superia 400, and maybe some black and white film if I feel it. And some extra batteries ;)
  65. jkasti

In my photo bag there's a lomo actionsampler, a KMZ Kristall (the predecessor of the widely known Zenit 3M), a Minolta XD7, a Vivitar 102 flash, an old DuoLux flash w/ replacing bulbs and some rolls of extra film. That's all the stuff I own, and I try to use all three cameras equivalent to each other.
  66. naxoman77

naxoman77

My Diana flash, my spinner 360 (alwaaaays), the old reliable LC-A+ and coming very soon my new discover Vivitar v4000 :B! They're all carried in a Lomo Sidekick bag

This is the original article written in: English. It is also available in: Deutsch & Nederlands.