Meet-up: 20 Go Mad in Blackpool! ended about 2 years ago

So winter has been a bit of a disaster for meet-ups in the North of England, especially when organized by yours truly. First the horrendous queues of the Xmas market and then the snow in Manchester. Never put off, I am now having a bash at another summer meeting, this time I think Blackpool deserves a visit and I am hoping we can beat previous records and get 20 people attending!

Pinched this photo from explorette because I love it!

So guys, winter has been too long and now the snow has stopped, cameras have been purchased and gall stones removed (I think!) it is time for another meet-up. I miss you guys and would also love to meet some new folk if we can convince them to come along. So Andrea mentioned Blackpool as a good potential meeting place and since no-one raised any initial objections, I am going to plan it there. I have put 11am as a provisional meeting time so I think if that suits everyone we could meet somewhere near the bottom of the tower as that is not too far from Blackpool North Rail Station. This means we can shoot the tower and the new comedy carpet thing. If anyone knows Blackpool well and has a good suggestion then please put it forward.

I haven’t been to Blackpool in well over 15 years but if my memory is correct, we can walk along the sea front from the tower to the pleasure beach. This means we can have a paddle and build sandcastles, eat ice cream and hopefully sit in the sunshine on the sand. Then we can have a wander down towards the pleasure beach. There people can buy a pass to go in and photograph for £5 which I think will be totally worth it, and if people want to go on rides then they also have that option. It would be great to see loads of you there, and some new faces too. Let’s see if we can get 20 of us together this time!!!!

written by kneehigh85

3 people attended this event

These people attended this event: angelwulf, kneehigh85, and spudhead1uk.

1. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

2. jennysparkle

jennysparkle

I am defo up for this! Think I might get the train like you claire and then I can have a drink on the train and during the day! What day are we doing this affair? x

3. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

OMG all the dates and times have disappeared! Saturday 16 June people!!!

4. easilydistracted

easilydistracted

Oh no, I don't think I can make it :( gutted. Damn my busy social life!!!

5. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@tirj @jennysparkle date added - 16 June x

6. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@davidpowell Staff also welcome on this trip x

7. tirj

tirj

Turns out I have to work, gutted!
  8. davidpowell

davidpowell

Hey all, sounds like a fun day, unfortunately it's the day after my birthday so I've got plans! Have a good one, and make sure y'all post a link on our facebook when you get your photos back!

9. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@tirj - dude, you are the manager, just get it off!

10. spudhead1uk

spudhead1uk

Hey im new to the world of lomography, and this sounds fun, if i can i will be there, i will let u know at a later date, I'll be the one with a diana mini stuck to my head...lol...although i do have plans to get a lomo spinner 360, and a sprocket rocket ...
    All Hail Lomography...lol...lol...

11. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@spudhead1uk really hope you can come, we would love to meet you!

12. angelwulf

angelwulf

well if this is still on im defo going to be there can you let me know if any of the details change fankoo hehe :-)

13. spudhead1uk

spudhead1uk

@kneehigh85...how long do u plan to hang around the base of the tower, i ask as i may becoming by train and it an 2hr trip i would arrive in blackpool around 11am......lol..afraid the car im in right now would not make the trip

14. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@spudhead1uk - I can guarantee we wont all make it for 11am on the dot so dont worry too much. My number is 07732173911 and if you let me know on the day when you'll make it then we will wait for you.
    @angelwulf - the details haven't changed since this article came out. Still meeting at 11am somewhere near the bottom of the tower x

15. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@johnccc @nicolas_noir @explorette @panchoballard - are you kids up for this?

16. explorette

explorette

oh sorry, ye im up for this. :)

17. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@explorette - thank f**k for that! It was your idea and photo I pinched after all x

18. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@weleasewoger72 @twizzer88 Not sure if you guys saw this article but it would be super if you could make it along.

19. nicolas_noir

nicolas_noir

Yeah still up for it Claire :-)

20. johnccc

johnccc

I don't think I can afford to go : (

21. spudhead1uk

spudhead1uk

Looks like it might be raining on saturday....
    but warm...
    and hopefully i shall have me new car before then..so i shall be driving to blackpool....
    and if anyone cares ,I think me cats plotting something, she wont stop starring at me....lol

22. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@spudhead1uk - yay! I am so glad you are able to make it. It will be great to have some new faces!
    P.S. Cats are always plotting something!