Leeds Lomo Xmas Market Extravaganza ended about 3 years ago

After the success of the last Yorkshire based meet-up, I have decided to arrange another one for the festive period. This will take place at the German Market in December so come along for a day of German beer, sausages and musical fun.

Photo by kneehigh85

The plan this time is to start a bit later in the day, and I thought we could meet up at the train station at 1pm. Then we can have a saunter up through Briggate (the main shopping street in Leeds, for those who aren’t familiar) where there are often random stalls that have broken off from the market. Then go to Millennium Square, have some lunch and a beer, ride the carousel, do a bit of Xmas gift shopping and hopefully be in a good location when the band begins to play in the evening. This usually finishes around 9pm but obviously people can begin to slope off whenever they wish.

Last time I asked people to comment if they were coming so I could give you my mobile number in a private message. I know some of you already have it, if so, let me know if you are coming so we know how many to wait for. Feel free to invite others who might be interested as I have only invited people I know and who I think would want to come. Also feel free to bring friends, family, etc… as all will be welcome.

So the plan begins at 1pm, we will meet in the main station concourse in front of WH Smith.
Hope to see lots of you there!

written by kneehigh85

14 people attended this event

These people attended this event: alilomo, blankslate, easilydistracted, explorette, indyy, kneehigh85, louwest, lu_lu, neua, nicolas_noir, panchoballard, samwise_camus, stephsmith92, and tirj.

1. johnccc

johnccc

Me and the Crabbe are a maybe !

2. panchoballard

panchoballard

We're coming. Can't stay for as long as we'd hoped as we're going to a dinner party at a friend's house later that evening. Get me! Posh!

3. easilydistracted

easilydistracted

I'm so excited already! :)

4. blankslate

blankslate

This sounds like a lot of fun, I'll try and come along :)
  5. samwise_camus

samwise_camus

Thanks for the invite, will be great to meet some fellow Leeds Lomographers!

6. indyy

indyy

What date is this on? Definitely interested!

7. indyy

indyy

What date is this on? Definitely interested!

8. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@indyy - ahhhhh can't believe I didn't write the date in here somewhere! It is Sat 3 December, hope you can make it x

9. indyy

indyy

ha ok cool, it's the day I come home from uni but I'll see if I can come by a bit later! x

10. louwest

louwest

I'm in, although will have to disappear about 5ish. Excited!

11. oceanmachine

oceanmachine

Mark me down, possibly with a plus one (of someone not on this site yet)
  12. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@oceanmachine - great - looking forward to meeting you (both)

13. alilomo

alilomo

I'll be there plus my missus this time I hope, looking forward to it.
  14. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

Right @alilomo @nicolas_noir @explorette @oceanmachine @louwest @indyy @samwise_camus @panchoballard @lu_lu @stephsith92 @blankslate @easilydistracted Hey all - my mobile number for Sat is 07732173911. I think I have included in this list anyone who is deffo coming, although i am getting a bit stressed about making sure we have everybody on the day. If you could send me a text with your name/s just so I have a bit of a register (hello school trip!) and know who to wait for outside WH Smith Saturday 1pm. Be there (and Andrea be sober!)

15. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

Do you think @dannyedwards has ditched us now he keeps winning stuff!!!! And does anyone know what happened to @jonalon because I think he wanted to come but he has gone very quiet of late?

16. dannyedwards

dannyedwards

Hey there Claire sorry for the late reply! Had a busy few months... Moved house recently so I'm in the midst of redecorating which is taking up all my weekends/evenings/money/energy so yeah I won't be coming to this one, although it does sound fun. Count me in for the next one in the new year! Have a good one

17. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@indyy give me a bell when you get here if you are still able to come.

18. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@samwise_camus @stephsmith92 @oceanmachine hey we have all met up now so if you are thinking of joining us later then give me a text x

19. panchoballard

panchoballard

This was fun! :-)

20. acidsaturation

acidsaturation

Didn't see this until after the date... Up for meets in the future though!
  21. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

@acidsaturation We are thinking about driving over to the Manchester store and having a bit of a day out there on 4 Feb if you fancy it?