Petzval_header_october_2014

An Unofficial Lomography Meet-up in York ended about 3 years ago

We thought after the success of the Manchester roadshow, us Northern lomographers would get on arranging or own meetings until we have a store in our neck of the woods. The first one is coming up at the end of July.

Photo by jimw08

So I wrote a blog entry which you can have a read of here

There has been quite a bit of interest so we are going to go ahead with a meet up on Saturday 30 July in York. We will have our very own local guide in the lovely jimw08. I have put 10:00 as a meeting time but realistically I think I will sit in Costa Coffee in the train station from 10-10:30 so people have time to find us, call us if necessary and get organised. I have never actually been to York rail station but I have had a look at a map of it and there appears to be a Costa in a WH smith opposite the main entrance/concourse area. Please anyone correct me if this is not right!
The specifics of the day are going to be decided by our tour guide but I think we are going to head off from the station and visit York Minster first. Then we will be visiting the Shambles (oldest shopping street in Europe), the city walls and riverside at various points through the day. We will finish around 6pm we think in an ice-cream parlour which Jim is a big fan of. Obviously if people want to leave before then that is fine and equally I am sure there may be some stragglers who’ll head off to a pub in the evening.
It would be really great if I could keep a bit of a count up of who will be attending and how many so if you could indicate in the comments if you will be there then I will PM you my mobile number in case you need it on the day.
Anyone is welcome to join us so feel free to send this article to friends and lomographers alike, and hopefully I will see you in York.

written by kneehigh85

1. nicolas_noir

nicolas_noir

Must go to Chocolate Heaven too!

2. panchoballard

panchoballard

Yay! Might look into cheap guest houses for this...

3. kneehigh85

kneehigh85

I am ever so glad Tourguide Jim has added himself to the guest list I was getting terribly concerned!

4. alilomo

alilomo

Me and my missus will be there, best of luck finding a cheap guest house in York by the way :)
  5. phil2k90

phil2k90

A big yes from me :)

6. hello-alexander

hello-alexander

Hello, if I have the weekend off work, I will definitely come along! Great idea!

7. neja

neja

I haven't been to York yet.... best wishes from London

8. maximus77

maximus77

Awesome. I live/work in York so it shouldn't be too much hassle. I'll try to book it off work tomorrow, as I work weekends too :(
  9. veato

veato

I'm not sure if I can make it. Would like to though. Spent a lot of years in York as my parents owned a newsagents shop on Walmgate.

10. coldkennels

coldkennels

Hope you don't mind if I tag along with nicholas_noir....!

11. ibiza_hippie

ibiza_hippie

Ah..this is so nice...! Wish I could come!