Lomoinstant_en

Lomography Is Landing In Austin ended over 3 years ago

Lomography is coming to Austin! This is no visit or vacation, we are here to stay. In the upcoming months, Lomography will be opening a Gallery Store in Austin, TX. Come join our representative, on May 22nd, to talk about our plans and go on a Lomographic walk around town.

You read that right. Lomography is ready to come help Keep Austin Weird. Come down to Spider House coffee and meet our Lomography representative for Austin, Cameron. We’ll take some time to sip some beverages and talk about all things Lomography. Now is a great chance to meet all those fellow Lomographers you didn’t know existed in Austin and surrounding areas. We’ll exchange pics, tips, and laughs. Once we have finished with the pleasantries, we can get down to the business of taking a walk and shooting through some rolls. If you don’t have a Lomography camera or have been meaning to try out our classic plastic lady, Cameron will have some Diana F+ cameras on hand to loan out.

Trust us, we are as excited about coming to Texas as you are. Lomography has been on the east coast and west coast of the US but now we are ready to get in the middle of things. Our Lomography representative has been in Austin for 11 years and has been shooting with Lomography for the last two. You don’t have to be an Austin townie to join. This invite is for the whole state of Texas. From Dallas, to Houston, to the Rio Grande Valley we invite you all to saddle up and head to Austin. You won’t want to miss all the new friends we’ll be making and ideas we’ll be sharing.

Bring your favorite cameras, bring a roll to trade with a friend or stranger, bring a photo album of your favorite lomographs, or come empty handed and we’ll loan you a Diana F+ and a roll of film to shoot on. This is for all interested and for Lomographers of every level. So come on out, say hi, and get ready for what we’re bringing to town.

written by lomo-camkage

One person attended this event

These people attended this event: megzeazez.

1. vtayeh

vtayeh

Yea!!! Texas :D

2. lynxalb00

lynxalb00

Excellent! What time?

3. timesvelocity

timesvelocity

sweet! i can't wait to go to this [=
  4. loquat22

loquat22

As a Texan, I totally approve of this move. :)

5. loquat22

loquat22

Um, you know you scheduled this the same weekend as UT graduation, right? Cuz finding a hotel at a reasonable price is next to impossible.

6. medusapadlock

medusapadlock

Time please!
  7. ajaxattack

ajaxattack

keep austin weird!

8. vicuna

vicuna

funny, I've got the text "enter this competition - you have submitted 0/78704 photos so far".... ;)))
    Welcome Lomo Austin!!

9. nock

nock

lomo cameras should be cheaper in Texas lol no sales taxes right? lol

10. willyboy

willyboy

Everything's big in Texas, you know it is...Chord Organ Blues

11. lomo-camkage

lomo-camkage

Hello all! We'll be meeting at Spider House at 11am. We'll spend about an hour there talking, geeking out, and waiting for everyone to arrive. Then we'll take a walk in whatever direction pleases us. The walk will be for 2 hours, or whenever folks get tired. I know how hot Austin is getting, so there may be a break at a spot on the drag to beat the heat. So plan on from 11-2. Of course, no one says you have to stop when the event is over. See you in 9 days. Can't wait to meet all of you!

12. elletra

elletra

very exciting, going to try to make it, but graduation might complicate things as stated above. I'm coming in on Friday for a graduation (from Houston) and then going back (I have Houston Saturday plans), all else equal I'm going to try my hardest to make it back up to Austin for this event :D

13. lomo-camkage

lomo-camkage

I'm working on a scavenger hunt for the walk to make things more fun. I just got all the Diana F+ cameras delivered yesterday. Bring your favorite Lomography camera or try out the Diana F+. I have a roll of film for each, as well. Seriously excited about Sunday and meeting everyone.

14. megzeazez

megzeazez

So super excited about this! Bringing my Diana F+ among others. Unfortunately I'll have to leave early to go to work but I'm still stoked. :]

15. elletra

elletra

Leaving Houston at 7ish, cant wait!!! I'm super excited!

16. megzeazez

megzeazez

How was the walk today? I really wish I could have made it, but I didn't have time to swing by before work. :(

17. megzeazez

megzeazez

18. megzeazez

megzeazez

19. megzeazez

megzeazez

20. megzeazez

megzeazez

Uh sorry about leaving that comment 4 times...weird.

21. lomo-camkage

lomo-camkage

Hey, Folks. Send me the links to your photo albums from the event. Cameron.Russell@lomography.com I'll pool them together into an awesome review of the time we had!

22. ej_enriquez

ej_enriquez

I CAN'T believe I missed this... ugh!