Petzval_header_october_2014
couple relaxing

couple relaxing

i´m not really happy with this film. is there any good 120 b/w you would recommend?

bloomchen This photo was shot on film. Taken by bloomchen with a Holga 120 CFN (available in our Online Shop) loaded with Ilford FP4+ film in Berlin, Germany. These tags describe this photo: shadow, gas station, tankstelle, tanke, sign, schild, trailer, wohnwagen, paar, couple, park, tree, baum, frisbeescheibe, scheibe, frisbee, letters, columbia, buchstaben, werbung, painting, wall, house, hauswand, wand, haus, rad, fahrrad, bike, berlin, bloomchen, holga cfn, holga, and ilford. Date: 2012-10. This photo can also be found in the album b/w holga.

1. le_ors

le_ors

ilford hp5
    400asa
    more contrast and since Holga is a dark lady 400asa works perfect (well, in my opinion, of course)

2. knipsomat

knipsomat

Fomapan... Schau mal bei @marcel2cv

3. koduckgirl

koduckgirl

I like these shots but it is hard to find a good contrast and toned blk n wht film cheers and thanx so much for the likes!!

4. grazie

grazie

I like Ilford HP5 400 too but I will choose Kodak TMax-400 or Kodak Tri-x over it anytime. Love the contrast in this shot though.

5. mapix

mapix

nehme gerne den Ilford XP2, ähnlich wie der Kodak BW400cn für Kleinbild

6. trw

trw

I agree with @grazie about the TMax 400 for 120 b&w.

7. bloomchen

bloomchen

@trw @mapix @knipsomat @le_ors thanks for your input. i already had the HP5 and it was OK i think. - but i have to admit i´m not experienced at all with b/w. so it just wasn´t like "wow, great contrast, great film…!" or so. around the corner of my office is a highly recommended shop for films so i´ll go there to get me a foma and a tri-x. as i´ll be travelling this week-end i´ll probably quickly shot each roll there have a look at the results end of next week. btw: i do think that b/w and holga are not the best combination. sharpness is so important with b/w and so…

8. le_ors

le_ors

@bloomchen we'll be waiting those results, I'm with you, I prefer Holga with some slide/colour negative film, but experimenting is always the answer maybe we can finally get some nice results from any b/w film!

9. oneira1927

oneira1927

tri-x 400 is my favorite :)