Are you ready for The Big Malayisa Rumble? Well, it's here! Get your cameras and photograph the vast country comprising 13 States, 329,847 km², and two regions, this October. Then be sure to get your photographs scanned and uploaded to your LomoHomes and participate in this legendarily large rumble!
Malaysia is home to many Lomographers old and new. As such, countless encounters between Lomographers, film swaps, Homes of the Day, and even a touching Lomography documentary called The Negative Effect have come out of Malaysia. Clearly the passion for the analogue lifestyle is rife in Tanah Melayu.
Throughout the month of October we will be visiting different states in Malaysia in our “Let’s Go” Malaysia newsletter series*.
*Subscribe to the Lomography Local Newsletter > Malaysia by clicking here to see which LomoLocations, LomoAmigos, Reviews, Lifestyle articles, and top photos of the locale are featured.
As we’re paying tribute to the land this October we’re throwing The Big Malaysia Rumble for you to join us! We want your photographs, including your impressions, memories, and any kinds of meaningful stories of your visits to or experience living and being from Malaysia! Photograph places, faces, things, or even abstracts, composed using some of the many experimental techniques Lomography loves!
We will select one Grand Prize Winner…
And special Category Winners – one from each of the following states:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Photos should be taken in Malaysia
- Participants may submit up-to 3 photos
- The Grand Prize and Category Winners will be announced shortly after the competition’s close
- 1 Grand Prize Winner will receive 50 piggies (50 EUR/USD), the Title of Lomography’s Photo Ambassador to Malaysia, x1 assorted pack of films and Lomography goodies, and a special Award badge on your Trophy Wall
- 13 Category Winners will each receive 20 piggies (20 EUR/USD), the Title of Lomography’s Photo Ambassador to ___ (insert the respective Malaysian State), and a special Award badge on your Trophy Wall
- All photos must be taken with an analogue camera
- The deadline for submissions is November 3, 2013
Remember, October is also #MakingMemories month at Lomography. So, looking back to your most memorable Malaysia moments captured on film and share them with us in The Big Malaysia Rumble and also checkout our Requested Posts for October 2013.