Lomography + TOMS #BESHADY Rumble! ended about 1 year ago

This World Sight Day, #BESHADY with the good folks over at TOMS who are wearing their shades inside to raise awareness for visual impairment and global blindness. Submit photos for a chance to win some fantastic prizes and expand your Lomographic vision!

285 million people are visually impaired, but 80% of them don’t have to be. To help TOMS spread awareness about this statistic and World Sight Day, we’re asking Lomographers to submit their best and most inspirational photos. Throw on some shades indoors or show us what #BESHADY means to you. The friendly folks from TOMS will be choosing the winning photos, so make sure to wow them!

In case you’re not familiar with TOMS, here’s a snippet of their story: While traveling in Argentina in 2006, TOMS founder, Blake Mycoskie, witnessed the hardships faced by children growing up without shoes. Blake’s travel experience turned into the business idea that provided the foundation for TOMS. For every pair purchased, TOMS gives a pair of new shoes to a child in need. TOMS has given millions of pairs of new shoes to children since the company’s inception. In 2011, TOMS expanded their giving through TOMS Eyewear, where with every pair purchased, TOMS will help restore sight to a person in need. We’re pretty stoked to help them spread the news on their latest mission: WORLD SIGHT DAY. Go to toms.com/world-sight-day to get inspired.

And there’s more! Photos submitted in the first two weeks of the competition will be exhibited in the TOMS Flagship store in Venice, CA.

One Grand Prize Winner will receive:

2nd Place

3rd Place

• World Sight Day T-shirt
  • La Sardina Camera St. Tropez Graniers w/o Flash

10 Runner Ups

• Leather-bound TOMS notebook
  • 10 Piggy Points

Some rules to keep in mind:

• Film/Camera Type: Any analogue photo not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
  • Upload Limit: 10 images
  • Minimum Photo Dimensions: Submissions must be at least 768px in either width or height. You must have a high resolution image available (minimum 300 dpi)

Stay in touch with our pals at TOMS this summer by following them on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest and YouTube too! Good luck everyone!

written by angelab_log

1. blueskyandhardrock

blueskyandhardrock

Awesome @angelab_log competition!

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  2. angelab_log

angelab_log

@blueskyandhardrock glad you love it! :D

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  3. mephisto19

mephisto19

nice one

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  4. menymosca

menymosca

LOVE IT!!

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  5. themanwithnocamera

themanwithnocamera

where do i submit the photos?
    over 1 year ago · report as spam
  6. hervinsyah

hervinsyah

The only rumble which all the winner get at least one camera after Tori Amos rumble (correct me if I'm wrong). Hope this time there are no again hipstamatic or instagram photo that win this rumble & about the very late prize shipment. Haha, sorry I'm too fussy.

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  7. saidseni

saidseni

I would like to have those wrap boots, TOMS...! :)

over 1 year ago · report as spam
  8. 4br0k3n3rr0r

4br0k3n3rr0r

Love it!

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  9. chappelow

chappelow

I like it, I like it alot.

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  10. ajagee24701

ajagee24701

I like this contest!

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  11. sashakoala

sashakoala

Hey. I'm sorry, I'm new here.. how can I submit my photos?
    about 1 year ago · report as spam
  12. ideajet

ideajet

@sashakoala: you should see some of your photos below the text, just above the likes. from there you can select your photos! please excuse me if I'm wrong but I think that's the easiest way to do it ;)

besides, this is an awesome rumble! :D

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  13. holgardo

holgardo

This was anice and funny rumble... I just hope we don´t have to wait a year to see the winner lomographs ;-)

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  14. aldana

aldana

exactly !! I hope we can see the winners soon !!

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  15. aldana

aldana

exactly !! I hope we can see the winners soon !!

about 1 year ago · report as spam
  16. sashakoala

sashakoala

Who are the winners? ;)
    about 1 year ago · report as spam
  17. yokekei

yokekei

How about the result? It should announced on Oct right??

about 1 year ago · report as spam