In honor of Troma’s upcoming TromaDance Film Festival celebrating truly independent filmmaking, we want to see your photos inspired by the classic American movie studio. From mutants, blood and toxic waste, show us your most horrifically-themed photos for a chance to win some sick prizes!
Troma is one of the oldest and most interesting independent film studios in the United States. They are responsible for such films as “Poultrygiest, Night of the Chicken Dead” and “The Toxic Avenger.” Troma was established in 1974 by Yale friends Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz. Lloyd Kaufman is the Co-founder and president of the production company. For almost forty years, Kaufman and Troma Entertainment have influenced mainstream popular culture and cinema.
Now, we want you to show us your best photographs that embody the Troma style. Dress you friends up as you favorite horror flick characters or set the mood and shoot come creepy landscapes. Need some inspiration? Take a look at Troma Entertainment’s amazing website here.
• Film strip from a 35mm print of a classic Troma movie
• Winning photo featured on the Troma Website, social media, etc.
• Lloyd Kaufman will follow the winner on twitter
• Winner gets his or her photo in the TromaDance 2013 program booklet
• The LomoKino
• Two packs of Lomography brand 35mm film
Runner up prizes:
• Toxic Avenger poster autographed by Lloyd Kaufman
• Toxic Avenger DVD autographed by Lloyd Kaufman
• 10 Piggies
• A three pack of Lomography film
Good luck and have fun!